Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 14th May 2024 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I don't think there's any way of bulk deleting images in game, easier through the file explorer.

What you could do, as you have Bootcamp set up with a Windows partition, is to use this program to make your story albums:
https://modthesims.info/d/60033
That way, you could completely remove them from your gamedata files, but continue to make the stories and keep track of your sims' histories. Their current site is here, if you want to see screenshots:
http://www.geocities.ws/coltswalker/s2album/index.html

This was honestly a lifesaver, thank you!! I've kept my storytelling albums in game for now because I like to be able to access them as I play, but this program allowed me to save copies of the albums elsewhere so I could isolate which snapshots I actually needed. I've now cut my game files by more than half and everything seems to be running smoothly!

Thanks so much again!!
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#27 Old 14th May 2024 at 2:30 PM
Great, that program really is a little gem! Glad you have it all sorted, don't forget to make safe backups of everything in case something disastrous happens.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old Yesterday at 3:15 PM
Well, looks like I spoke too soon as I'm now having some new issues (not sure whether to make a separate thread as idk if they’re related to the previous issue).

I'm now getting repeated errors with some sims- with testing cheats on the error code is 'unrecognised error condition: 63'. This seems to be happening whenever I try to get a sim to interact with someone they have chemistry with; the interaction menu seems to be missing several interactions and the error code pops up as soon as I click on the other sim.

In addition to this, while my play testing seemed to indicate that my neighbourhood was loading ok, it now seems to be freezing whenever I try to enter another subhood; whether through sending a sim there or from the main neighbourhood view. Entering a subhood directly when I open the game seems to be fine- it only happens if I play something in the main hood or a subhood and then try to move to another subhood. After freezing once when trying to move between subhoods, the neighbourhood starts freezing entirely whenever I try to play- so if I force quit when it freezes between subhoods, I won’t be able to reopen the game at all as it will then freeze when I first try to enter the neighbourhood.

Not sure if these issues are even related to each other, but I’m wondering if they might be a result of removing some of my CC. The first issue does seem to go away when I remove my CC folder, but when I try the 50/50 method it’s coming up with different errors in each half- the first half comes up with the ‘unrecognised error condition’ message and the second half comes up with ‘bad gosub tree number.’

The second issue remains even after removing my CC folder, but only in the latest version of my game after having played it with my updated CC folder. My previous backup, which was the point I started playing again after resolving the previous issue, does freeze between subhoods if I play it with CC in, but seems ok without CC. This is why I wondered if it might be an issue with having removed some CC (especially since I haven’t added anything new). I haven’t removed anything like custom careers or memories which I know can be unsafe to remove afaik, but idk if there might be something I’ve missed.

On the other hand it’s possible that the freezing issue is unrelated to the other errors but related to the previous freezing issue, even though that appeared to be fixed. I did come across this information about a Mac specific bug which sounds like it could be the issue I’m having, and I’m considering getting in touch directly with the person who’s been investigating this issue, but I’m trying to figure out which of these issues might be related to each other.

The first issue seems to be happening in both my hoods, but I haven’t yet tested whether the second is exclusive to my Pleasantview (as the previous loading issue seemed to be) because the other hood I play doesn’t have any subhoods attached. I’ll do some testing in my test hood and update here once I figure that out.

I've attached the error logs for both the errors coming up with testingcheats.

Sorry for such a long post, my game seems to have very complicated issues lmao.

EDIT: I also seem to have the 'super duper hug bug' in my game when testing without CC and with one half of my CC. Again idk if this is related but I think I read somewhere that this can occur when removing certain CC, which would make sense if some of the other issues are also caused by removing CC. I did try adding 'no sim loaded' though as I know this is supposed to help with the super duper hug bug, but it didn't seem to resolve the other issues so might not be related.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N001_t398462.txt (115.3 KB, 2 downloads)
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N001_t394767.txt (208.0 KB, 2 downloads)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old Yesterday at 7:19 PM
Update: I tested for both issues in my test hood, and the 'unrecognised error condition: 63' reoccurs there but the freezing between subhoods doesn't. I also tested my working Pleasantview backup with my older downloads folder from before I edited down my CC and removed conflicts, and this seems to have fixed the former issue but not the latter, so it looks like they're probably unrelated to each other and the former is somehow related to removing some CC.

Not sure it's worth sorting through my CC folder all over again rn- if the old one works I might just stick with that for now even if it does have potential conflicts as long as they don't interfere with my gameplay. But maybe I'll come back to it and try and figure out the exact cause of the errors once I'm less burnt out on troubleshooting lol.

For now my priority is fixing the freezing between subhoods, so I'll look into that Mac specific bug I linked to above. If anyone has any info about this bug or any other suggestions to fix this issue please lmk!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#30 Old Yesterday at 8:51 PM
MysteriousPotential on the reddit forum is very friendly and helpful, so it is definitely wirth messaging them.
Page 2 of 2