Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sim Height Slider

by CmarNYC Posted 29th Jul 2013 at 7:52 AM - Updated 29th Jul 2013 at 3:00 PM by CmarNYC

393 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 160 Feedback Posts, 232 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 16
Test Subject
#26 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 1:43 AM
Default :)
Quote: Originally posted by UltraRobbie
If you go to Looks > Head and Ears and then to Advanced > Global (the lower right icon on the diagram of the head), scroll down and you will see 'Sim height by cmar' which will be the height slider

Thank you alot! I will go and test it! (My Game is in german, so i have to see if i got the same names) But thank you alot! :D
Test Subject
#27 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 2:09 AM
Default it worked
Quote: Originally posted by UltraRobbie
If you go to Looks > Head and Ears and then to Advanced > Global (the lower right icon on the diagram of the head), scroll down and you will see 'Sim height by cmar' which will be the height slider

Thank you again!!! I finally found it, you were really very helpfull. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 2:22 AM
This is awesome thanks I'll try it!
Inventor
#29 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 5:21 AM
I found that in Overview

How to use:
The slider is located in the Appearance tab in CAS, in the Head and Ears general section, Advanced view. The label is "Sim Height by cmar" - to differentiate it from other height sliders.

Cmar :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 6:12 AM
You say that it was embarrassingly easy, yet no one else has thought to do this. Great job.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallyLovelyKate
Thank you again!!! I finally found it, you were really very helpfull. Thank you!

No problem :P
Test Subject
#32 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alexisduvalier
I have been using the height slider from Blooms base. So I am wondering, how is this different from that one? Thank you!

I have Bloom's too and tried them both. I didn't see any difference between them in game, but the cool thing - as someone else noted (pointing to a slider of Delphy that I had missed)...

if you have both Blooms and Cmar's in game, then you can make the sims TWICE as tall or twice as short (because you set the height with one slider, then you can use the next slider to change it even more) ... which, if nothing else, is amusing and could come in handy in some circumstances.

This new height slider seems very stable and a good addition to the available ones (and is now a lot more accessible than others, being here at MTS.)
Test Subject
#33 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 6:59 PM
Fantastic! Now my sims can have different heights within the same age group. It works great except for some very minor problems such as taller sims knees sticking into their towels when relaxing face down on the beach (the reverse of the bed glitch mentioned above) or some creasing at the hips when taller sims use the ballet barre.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 9:33 PM
This is amazing! I tried it out last night and it worked perfectly with absolutely no problems. If you were going to have only one slider, this would definitely be the one. Brilliant!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 11:30 PM
Thank you so much!
Field Researcher
#36 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 11:39 PM
I tried it last night also. It works quite seamlessly. I am very appreciative of this mod and I thank you, Cmar, for sharing it.

An enthusiastic thumbs up!

Life isn't about the breaths we take, it's about the moments that take our breaths away...
Field Researcher
#37 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 12:23 AM
It works great in TSM (The Sims Medieval) as well (dwarves and giants, anyone?)! There is some weird distortion in the hem of dresses when making a female dwarf, however. And I thought that the torso and head appeared a little disproportionate on the taller sims (all of the lengthening seems to go to the legs and is not distributed between them and the torso). This is most likely due to the differences in how the bodies are constructed in TSM verses TS3. But, what the hey! It still opens up new vistas in both games! Thank you so much for yet another fabulous mod, cmar!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 12:48 AM
I've been looking everywhere for this! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 1:08 AM
i love it, but a short female only give birth to small girl, but normal boys. is it a way to make it more realistic? like that the boys also are small, or heigth is a mix from mother and father?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 1:15 AM
Your a wizard!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#41 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sims2rules
i love it, but a short female only give birth to small girl, but normal boys. is it a way to make it more realistic? like that the boys also are small, or heigth is a mix from mother and father?

How many children have you tested this on? All sliders should be inherited equally by boys and girls but with a 50-50 chance of inheriting from the father or mother. Possibly all your boys happened to inherit from the father. I'll test this when I have time. It's possible some sliders only inherit to the same gender depending on the slider construction, I guess.

The way I understand Sims 3 inheritance, the child inherits each slider value from either the father or mother without blending. You'd need a core mod to change that. This is just a slider, it can't modify game behavior.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#42 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 3:00 AM
Can I just call you the miracle slider magician? Heh-heh.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#43 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 3:30 AM
(((hugs to CmarNYC!)))
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 9:19 AM
Hoping that you will make this same slider, but in a different slot than the one you have it in now because it is turning off some of your other more important sliders. Maybe the ear or nose section. It works really well though.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 9:31 AM
I laughed out loud at the kiss animation. Thank you for this! Variety is the spice of life.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#46 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 1:45 PM
I used Delphy's and Blooms, and now I'll use this, too! :lovestruc

Any slider that cures that saddening tourettes syndrome of the hands & feet sims get is more than welcome by me!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 3:39 PM
Wonderful job, thanks for this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 4:11 PM
Thank you so much. I have never used a height slider before. I didn't even think of making my Sims different heights. What a cool idea. I can't wait to try it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#49 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 4:15 PM
I use Jonha's height sliders, where in the knee cutting the bed doesn't happen, but the sim float above the seats in couches and chairs. I am wondering if you can his and yours together to achieve something that'd be like a Win-Win situation? Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 31st Jul 2013 at 5:33 PM
I noticed a slight kink in the slider while playing last night.

The "watch stars" animation causes them to float, slightly.

Also one of the sims arms would could behind her when she pointed at constellations but that may have been general The Sims 3 wonkiness.

I will, however, testing it again as they were on a dock at the time.
Page 2 of 16