Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Packing Crates for TS4

by scumbumbo Posted 14th Jun 2015 at 9:16 AM - Updated 1st Mar 2019 at 2:54 AM by scumbumbo : Bug-fixes for Feb 21, 2019 Game Patch

315 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 222 Feedback Posts, 92 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 9 of 13
Test Subject
#201 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 8:48 AM
I hope someone takes the mod over.... Would hate to see it die!
Test Subject
#202 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 10:18 PM
Mod is obsolete
Quote: Originally posted by Emsev
Hi!
I got some problems with the mod, well one problem. I can start the game and be in the "townsview" in the beginning, but when I try to open a household, it won't stop loading and I can't play. The problem vanished when I deleted the mod, so I know/think it's because of it.

I had the same problem. As far as I know the mod is obsolete...
Test Subject
#203 Old 23rd Jul 2017 at 12:14 AM
I use this for when i have a new family move in
Test Subject
#204 Old 25th Aug 2017 at 10:49 PM
Wish the mod would get updated, this seems like a really neat concept!
Test Subject
#205 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 9:01 PM
scumbumbo and plasticbox
please update this! I really need it and it seems like a great mod. I have an infinite loading screen when I load up a family, and I know it was this mod because after it was removed it worked fine. I'm going to do some more testing, but till then I hope you see this and consider updating! It would be a shame to see this mod die.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#206 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 10:23 AM
Hmmm that is pretty interesting
Test Subject
#207 Old 3rd Oct 2017 at 2:44 PM
Can verify what simperfect said, games stuck on loading screen when using this mod.
Deceased
Original Poster
#208 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 4:15 AM
Updated the mod today to work with the latest game patch. It should no longer hang the game on load and is working perfectly in my testing.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#209 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 1:56 AM
BLESS YOU SO MUCH FOR UPDATING THIS!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#210 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 6:32 AM
I've been waiting a long time for this to be updated - didn't know if it ever would be but I just checked today and you have, so awesome, thanks!!!
Test Subject
#211 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 7:13 PM Last edited by Papercat : 17th Nov 2017 at 8:24 PM. Reason: More info
Default Can't add certain objects to the crates
I was hunting around for a mod that would let me store a bunch of the stuff from my sims inventory that I don't use but want to keep(just in case) and I thought this was the one! But, I tried to store fireworks, a voodoo doll, and my journal and none of these items would go into the crate. Is this a bug or are these items just impossible to store?
*updated* I can't add books of any kind to the crate either. I was hoping to store read books in the crate to unclutter my bookshelf.

What is a papercat?
Deceased
Original Poster
#212 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Papercat
I tried to store fireworks, a voodoo doll, and my journal and none of these items would go into the crate. Is this a bug or are these items just impossible to store?

That's by design, any items which can be normally placed in a Sim's inventory are not packable. IIRC there were some minor technical issues with doing this with some of the Sim inventory items and it didn't seem worth solving those issues when you can already put those items into the household inventory if you just want to get them out of the Sim's inventory (don't even need a mod for that).

The primary purpose for this is to store some objects from a house to use to move them when splitting the house, so there's no real need to pack an item the Sim could just as easily carry with them already.

I may play with this again one day if I get the urge. I'm sure if there was a technical issue behind the decision that it wouldn't be too tough at all to work around -- but my primary goal since getting a few new mods out would be to update a good number of my old outdated mods first.
Test Subject
#213 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
That's by design, any items which can be normally placed in a Sim's inventory are not packable.

Ah, ok. I was thinking this mod could be used to help me organize my collectibles and random inventory junk during my general game play. I'll just keep on dreaming of the day!

What is a papercat?
Lab Assistant
#214 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 4:09 AM
Default LE from Packing Crates
Hey Scumbumbo!!! I got an LE from this mod this evening. According to EG Warhammer, it's similar to what happened with BPS's mods after 1.30. We thought you might be interested in looking at the LE here to resolve the error in a future update.
Deceased
Original Poster
#215 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 7:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Athena Apollos
Hey Scumbumbo!!! I got an LE from this mod this evening. According to EG Warhammer, it's similar to what happened with BPS's mods after 1.30. We thought you might be interested in looking at the LE here to resolve the error in a future update.

Interesting, not sure what causes that I'll have to give EG a shout out one day. My best guess is that Sim's are trying to look at the crate to admire it or something (focus on it). If that IS what the issue is then hopefully I can just edit the tuning on the crate so they ignore it. Not critical, I suppose it might cause a Sim to reset though.

Thanks for noticing this!
Deceased
Original Poster
#216 Old 20th Nov 2017 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Athena Apollos

Bugfix released today that eliminates an exception when an item is packed, or on game load when an existing crate has items already placed inside it.

The issue noticed by Athena Apollos above MAY also be resolved by today's bugfix for this mod.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#217 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 8:54 PM
Way too useful NOT to download.
Lab Assistant
#218 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 6:15 AM
this mod still works great, but I'm getting a plethora of errors every single time I pack or unpack. :/ aside from the fact there's an orange wall of notifications, I can't figure out what's wrong
Deceased
Original Poster
#219 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 7:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lemememeringue
this mod still works great, but I'm getting a plethora of errors every single time I pack or unpack. :/ aside from the fact there's an orange wall of notifications, I can't figure out what's wrong

It's possible something's changed with the latest patch. I'll have to check into that and see if I also get errors and if so try and track them down.
Deceased
Original Poster
#220 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 11:19 AM
Updated today to support the latest game version (game patch 1.40.61.1020, Feb 22). This fixes the issue of the game throwing exceptions for every item which is packed into a crate.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#221 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 4:15 AM
these are a blessing I came looking for these after I lost all my collections when I carried a chest in my house inventory from one house to another
Test Subject
#222 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 2:45 PM
I'm not sure what I might be doing wrong. I unpacked both the package and script files onto my mods folder. The crates appear in game, I can buy them, enable packing, etc. But no items have the "Pack in Crate" option.
Deceased
Original Poster
#223 Old 27th Feb 2018 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nova2017
I'm not sure what I might be doing wrong. I unpacked both the package and script files onto my mods folder. The crates appear in game, I can buy them, enable packing, etc. But no items have the "Pack in Crate" option.

The script portion of the mod is not being loaded properly. Make sure that you have "Script Mods Allowed" checked in your game options, and the MTS_Scumbumbo_PackingCrate_SCRIPT must be placed either directly in the Mods folder or no more than one subfolder deep.
Test Subject
#224 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 8:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
The script portion of the mod is not being loaded properly. Make sure that you have "Script Mods Allowed" checked in your game options, and the MTS_Scumbumbo_PackingCrate_SCRIPT must be placed either directly in the Mods folder or no more than one subfolder deep.

Thanks so much! I had the script file two subfolders deep and that's what was causing the problem. This mod is great, it also works wonderfully for decorating the world outside of your lot.

I know you said you designed it to pack items that you could NOT already move to inventory, but would it be possible to make it so you can pack ALL items? The reason I found this mod was because I was searching for a way to organize my inventory and I think this would be great for that purpose also.
Deceased
Original Poster
#225 Old 1st Mar 2018 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nova2017
I know you said you designed it to pack items that you could NOT already move to inventory, but would it be possible to make it so you can pack ALL items? The reason I found this mod was because I was searching for a way to organize my inventory and I think this would be great for that purpose also.

Glad you got it working!

It's hard to remember back to when I first wrote this, but if I'm not mistaken there was a technical reason why I chose to not make items that could already be stored in the personal inventory able to be packed. If I recall correctly it worked okay with some objects, but with many others it would cause problems that were needlessly complex to work around. I may play with that again some day if the mood strikes me.
Page 9 of 13