Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2018 at 3:47 PM
Default Vista os bypassing game launcher
I used to play in windowed mode bypasing the game launcher but I accidentally updated origin and now it won't let me bypass. Since then my game is more laggy than usual and I think it's down to origin. is there any way to put things back as they were?
I have tried uninstalling Origin but now the game won't run at all without Origin installed.
I have also tried stopping Origin from launching when I switch my computer on but But still can't start the game without first logging into Origin.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 10:49 AM
It's the game patch, not Vista or the Origin updates themselves. If your game is now on patch 1.69, there is no way to remove the Origin requirement to launch nor any way to bypass the Launcher. They are now permanently tied together.

The only way around this is to uninstall everything Origin and TS3 related, clean the registry, and redo the TS3 install by one of:

1 - All discs (SuperPatch to 1.67), with the base game disc in particular having been manufactured before Sept 2012
2 - Acquiring the game on Steam and install the Steam version (also 1.67)
3 - Playing the Mac version of the game (also 1.67 but this one has its own issues and limitations).

On Origin managed games, as soon as digital installs of the game or any one of its EP/SPs as opposed to disc become involved, you will land on Patch 1.69 with the mandatory Origin and Launcher tie-ins again.