Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2023 at 11:25 AM Last edited by addolux : 7th Oct 2023 at 10:38 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default CAS Main Options Not Working
Hello all!!

I am a seasoned Sims 3 player and have always been a lurker for the past 14 years, content to fix everything myself or just complain until it starts working again. Anyway, the issue at hand is that when I use CAS or even the Stylist tool I can click on a clothing category like everyday clothing and then I am not able to switch to any other type of clothing (formal, swimming, cold weather, etc.) The game isn't frozen as I can accept my changes within that category, or even further edit it but I am just unable to click to the next category.

I am not immune to random crashes or bugs and my game is absolutely stuffed with CC and mods so I am sure it is to do with that, but if someone has had a similar issue and can refer me to an answer or give suggestions I would be extremely grateful!

One thing I did read from Igazor is
"You have LD's Smoothness Patch with MC file in play. That structure has turned out to be incompatible with NRaas mods (including MC, which it's actually intended to work with) and it really needs to be removed because of the interference it causes whenever certain sims need to switch outfits." from this thread. Which I am interested in as I cannot find another mention of it ANYWHERE! So I am wondering if it is to do with that and that I need to remove the smooth patch?

I am posting my most recent script error and crash log that has nothing (or maybe it does have something lol) to do with this error just to get a list of the mods I am currently running, and to make sure I have as much info I can give to you - and my PC specs are as below:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz, 3792 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

I am very willing to listen if I have been a bit of a dummy and downloaded things improperly but I hope to find a good solution!!

Thanks
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  Error and Crash.7z (7.3 KB, 3 downloads)
Description: addolux's error and crash log for further information
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Oct 2023 at 11:32 PM
The only thing that the crash log tells us (that I can see) is that your game is grinding in circles using all of the memory it can get, but it wants more than that. It's not that you don't have enough RAM, it's that a process is stuck running in loops and would do that no matter how much you had and even if the game did not have its 32-bit restrictions on resources.

I guess it doesn't really count as seeing the Smoothness Patch MC component as being complained about from another source since you have already read our take on it, but we've had so many players come to us at NRaas with these issues -- and I mean somewhere between dozens and hundreds over the past few months -- that we actually just had to start saying "Sorry, we can't help with that now" until they remove the Smoothness Patch package files and we refer them to this announcement on our site. Similar reports are all over the Smoothness Patch discussion posts right here on MTS. To be clear here, the Smoothness Patch 2.x version itself does add some unknowns when it comes to troubleshooting but it's the MC portion in particular that is causing the unsupportable problems for, we think, just about everyone who tries it. Those using this version of the Patch without the MC compatibility part tend to get mixed results, some very positive and some maybe not so much.

I'm also seeing some potential interference in the outfit switching process from an acne mod that you have in play, but that may not really be triggering anything more than mild confusion as I read the script error log.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 7th Oct 2023 at 6:11 AM
The acne mod interfered with my game clock so it wouldn't advance, making my sim not go to work. I don't think it messed with memory but I wouldn't rule it out since it seems to work like a clothing change at a particular time all over town.
I took it out.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Oct 2023 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The only thing that the crash log tells us (that I can see) is that your game is grinding in circles using all of the memory it can get, but it wants more than that. It's not that you don't have enough RAM, it's that a process is stuck running in loops and would do that no matter how much you had and even if the game did not have its 32-bit restrictions on resources.

I guess it doesn't really count as seeing the Smoothness Patch MC component as being complained about from another source since you have already read our take on it, but we've had so many players come to us at NRaas with these issues -- and I mean somewhere between dozens and hundreds over the past few months -- that we actually just had to start saying "Sorry, we can't help with that now" until they remove the Smoothness Patch package files and we refer them to this announcement on our site. Similar reports are all over the Smoothness Patch discussion posts right here on MTS. To be clear here, the Smoothness Patch 2.x version itself does add some unknowns when it comes to troubleshooting but it's the MC portion in particular that is causing the unsupportable problems for, we think, just about everyone who tries it. Those using this version of the Patch without the MC compatibility part tend to get mixed results, some very positive and some maybe not so much.

I'm also seeing some potential interference in the outfit switching process from an acne mod that you have in play, but that may not really be triggering anything more than mild confusion as I read the script error log.

Thanks you so much for your response! I'll have a go at removing both mods and seeing how it performs. I'm getting a crash ~once an hour, but I usually use that as a sign to take a break anyway!
Google doesn't do a good enough job at referencing your announcement when searching for that MC/Smooth patch issue so I appreciate the link.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Oct 2023 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
The acne mod interfered with my game clock so it wouldn't advance, making my sim not go to work. I don't think it messed with memory but I wouldn't rule it out since it seems to work like a clothing change at a particular time all over town.
I took it out.

Thanks as well, I'll take it out as I'm not heartbroken about losing it!