Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 5:21 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 11th Feb 2014 at 5:15 AM.
Default Warring Households [Testers Wanted]
The goal of this challenge is to sustain a war between two households until all of the original characters reach elder-hood (approximately 29 days). This challenge has a basic uniform structure, but when actually playing much of the results are caused by luck, and you, the player of the challenge. If you're interested in doing this challenge (which I don't expect many to be), keep reading!

Preparation:
1. In a new neighborhood, go to CAS and create 2 families. Each family should have 7 sims-- the genders, aspirations, looks, etc. of all of these sims are of your choosing. Be creative! Maybe add a theme-- make one house all aliens and the other all human.
2. Once you have made the two households move them in to two separate lots. You may use the cheat 'motherlode' once on each family, but that is the one time you will be allowed to use a cheat for money.
3. Once the families are moved in, use the cheat boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and right click a sim and then select rodney's death creator.

Playing:
1. When playing, play in a cycle. This means if you spend 3 sim days playing house 1, you need to spend 3 sim days playing house 2, and vice versa.
2. Anytime a member of the opposing house walks by the house- roll a die. If it is an even number, continue playing as normal. If it is an odd number-- you must right click on the passer-by and click 'make selectable', and then click on that passer-by's icon on the left, once you have them selectable you must click rodney's death creator and choose a way for them to die, after you have done this, click back on the character and click make unselectable.
Thus the two households will constantly be killing off each other until elderhood. Note: Do not begin killing until the welcoming parties have come and left.

Rules:
1. No sims may be moved in or out of either household. Since you do have 7 sims, you can make 2 of your sims fall in love and reproduce to continue the legacy of either house.
2. Other than the cheats listed in the directions, please refrain from using playing cheats.

Scoring:
Instead of you getting points, each of the households will get points based on their performance. The sum of each household's points will be your total score. Points can be awarded or deducted based on the following:
+10 For each sim of the other house that is killed.
+20 For each baby born.
+30 For each lifetime want reached.
+20 For each sim that reaches elder-hood.
+10 For each 10,000 simeleons made past the initial 'motherlode' cheat.

-5 For each sim of the house you are playing is killed.
-20 For each sim that dies from a cause other than murder from the other house.

Since this is still in the testing phase, please give me any feedback about how to improve the challenge/ my directions/ any comments in general. If you do attempt it, I would love to see your pictures!
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 10:34 PM
This sounds like a really cool challenge. I think I'm going to give it a shot sometime...if not soon. I just have to figure out how I want to make the families and what neighborhood I'd like to move them into....I don't really want to create an entirely separate neighborhood. I will have to post pictures if I do decide to take part in the challenge.

"Somtimes the stars align." ~Dean Lowry, ABC's Pan Am. ♥ ⚓ ♥
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 12:49 AM
have the competetitors dowload paladin's weapons. that way it is more like 'war' . perhaps you would have to have one of your sims standing 'guard' to kill enemy 'bystanders' that happen to walk by.

in Soviet Russia, the sims mod YOU.
Oh, I went there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Jul 2010 at 5:57 PM
Hazl, I thought about having it in already existing hoods, but I think that may make it less likely that your sims would walk by each other's houses. But, you're welcome to try it an already existing hood to see if that version will work.

noobkiller138, since there are already so many requirements to the challenge I didn't want to require any users to download weapons, but they are certainly welcome to do so if they'd like.
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 5:02 AM
You know how in the beginning, a little while after you make your house and move your family in, a bunch of people from the neighborhood come by to visit and welcome you? What happens when like 5 of the people from the other house just randomly show up at your house? Do you try to kill them off or just tell them to go away?
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 5:13 AM
looks like fun! ill try it out when i get my game to actully load...... maybe a vampire vs. werewolf thing?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 2:53 PM
benjaminBreaker-- I forgot to include that when the neighbors come to welcome you, when you move in, there is no fighting yet. The only killing that can occur is when a single person from one house passes by an opposing house.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Jul 2010 at 10:25 PM
werewolf vs vampire would not work, becaues the werewolf would have superiorty in the night (wolf mode) and vampires cannot attack in the day.

in Soviet Russia, the sims mod YOU.
Oh, I went there.
Instructor
#9 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 3:45 AM
Ok, I went ahead and created a new custom neighborhood since I figured it would be easier for the families to meet one another if there weren't other sims in the hood.

So I thought I'd post some pictures here of my two families. I don't have any of their houses decorated or landscaped yet, which is why some of the photos may look odd. Also please excuse all plum bobs and other misc. objects that should not be in the photos.

First I present to you the Eugatnom family.

Although they are involved in a bitter war between two households, the Eugatnom family has a peaceful side to them. They all value family and the simple things in life, and have an appreciation for nature.

The head of the Eugatnom family is Atticus.

Atticus is a loving family man, who cares about his children and grandchildren deeply.

Second in command to Atticus's number one is his wife Bristol.

Bristol is the grandmother every child would be lucky to have. She doesn't really like all of the violence going on.

Atticus and Bristol have two children together, first their oldest, Damien.

Damien is really full of himself and thinks he's the greatest thing to ever grace the planet. He loves the ladies, despite never really maintaining a solid relationship.

Atticus and Bristol's youngest child is Shy.

Don't let her name fool you, Shy is actually very outgoing. She has three children, and is a very good mom. However she loves getting involved in the drama surrounding the area.

The youngest member of the family is little Tabatha.

Tabatha is Shy's youngest child. Tabatha loves playing outside, and she really looks up to her mother and grandmother.

Shy's only son...his name is Emerson.

Emerson kind of takes on his uncle's persona in the fact that he thinks he's pretty darn good looking. However Emerson is fairly shy...but he does enjoy getting involved in the drama as well.

Shy's oldest daughter, and Emerson's twin...Eloise.

Eloise has never understood the reason why her family and their enemies, the Telupac family...argue so much. She doesn't understand why her family and the Telupac family find it necessary to kill one another off all the time. Eloise would rather not get involved in any of it, but her grandfather and mother are encouraging her to fill in their shoes...along with her brother Emerson. The only person who sort of discourages her from taking part in the killings is her Uncle Damien...just because he doesn't want her hurt. Eloise isn't sure if she can live up to her family's expectations...she's just so shy. All she really wants is to fall in love and move far away from all this mess.

Next we have the Telupac family.

The Telupac family is sort of Gothic/Mafia. They aren't nearly as peaceful as the Eugatnom's...but they still hold strong family values. The Telupac's are very violent, and are the main problem causers in the neighborhood.

The head of the Telupac family is Milo.

Out of all of the Telupac family members, Milo is without a doubt the most violent. He's the quiet type, and generally likes to keep to himself...but if you mess with his family...he will mess with you.

Second in command is one of Milo's daughters Portia.

Portia is the middle triplet out of Milo's three daughters. Even though her looks are slightly sweet in appearance, she can really cause some harm if she wants to. In addition to helping her father take down the Eugatnoms, Portia is also a loving mother to two young boys.

The oldest triplet is Regina.

Regina is considered very vain. She is obsessed with her appearance and thinks she's better than everyone else. She gets along best with her sister Portia, and connects with her dad fairly well.

The youngest triplet is Rica.

Rica is considered the family odd ball, and many of the other family members usually don't trust her with important tasks. She gets distracted easily, and tends to forget a lot.

Next we have Great-Aunt Penelope.

Penelope is Milo's younger sister. Just like her brother, she has a violent streak...but she's actually very nice and sometimes downright hysterical when she's hanging out with the family.

Look who walked by during my photo shoot with the Telupacs!

Damien, Bristol, and Shy! It's a good thing they were just in the welcome wagon...or else they may have been doomed. I love the totally ticked off expressions on Damien and Bristol's faces, while Shy is pointing at them as if to say "Yeah we'll get you."

Anyway, back to the photo shoot. The youngest of Portia's boys is little Levi.

Levi thinks he's a pretty big deal, and wants to grow up to be exactly like his grandfather. He's already taken after him by wearing the same kind of shades. You can see ticked-off Damien and Bristol walking by in the background.

Last but not least with have Portia's oldest son...Dawson.

Dawson is...well...pretty darn attractive for starters...lol. Dawson is unlike the rest of his family in the fact that he's not always walking around looking to pick a fight. However if Dawson sees that violence may be necessary, he's not afraid to engage in it. There are some times he feels sort of upset for the harm he's caused someone, but he almost feels like he has to carry on the family tradition, since besides his grandfather he is the oldest man in the house. But Dawson feels like something is lacking from his life...and he knows exactly what. He needs a damsel in distress to rescue and fall madly in love with.

Can you kind of see what little story I'm wanting to work into this?

So that's the families! Hope you like them all. I will keep you updated and post more pictures when something else happens!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 3:59 PM
Nice pictures Hazl! I'd love to see more once the action starts!
(I also like how the families' names are Montague and Capulet spelled backwards )
Instructor
#11 Old 8th Jul 2010 at 4:48 PM
Thanks BlueJalepeno! I knew I wanted to make this a Romeo/Juliet like scenario...and when I wanted to think of last names it came to my mind to simply reverse the names Montague and Capulet.

Instructor
#12 Old 4th Aug 2010 at 1:25 AM
Well here is an update from me on my challenge. I still haven't gotten into any of the action yet, but I began decorating the Telupac house. I have never paid so much time on a house before!

I always like decorating houses in a dark/Gothic style, so I was really excited to try my hand at the Telupac mansion. I did give them a little bit more money than they were supposed to have, just because I wanted everything to look good. My decorating isn't fantastic since everything I have is Maxis, so I apologize for that.

So I started with this Maxis house, the one that looks like a castle.

So I deleted everything maxis had previously placed on the house. I painted the exterior, added new doors, windows, stairs, and fencing. I also built two extensions onto the sides of the house.

I finally finished the outside of the house by adding a larger back porch and placing decorations and flowers along the walls and in the front yard.

I love this part of the house that has the balcony. It really looks mysterious/mafia-like. You'll see a better picture of it later.

Now to the inside of the house. This house is huge, so I'm only showing off a few of the rooms. I tried to keep everything in shades of black, gray, and white...then accent with red. I like the result.

Great-Aunt Penelope and Portia's bedroom.

The Front Hall.

Dawson and Levi's Bedroom.

Milo's Bedroom. (The Master Suite)

This has to be the coolest room in the house. I wanted some huge Mafia-like office. Sort of like the kind you always see in the movies. I knew I wanted everything to be dark in color and then let it pop with the red-backed seats behind the desks. Milo looks pretty scary and threatening sitting behind those desks...lol.

Another view.

Now so you guys can see what everyone did once I let them explore their new house, I snapped some quick pics of them.

Told you Milo looked pretty threatening behind that desk.

Portia is fascinated by the rainstorm outside. Her, Rica, Levi, and Regina were all having some sort of convention in the bathroom when I took this picture.

I love this boy, seriously I do. I mean look how cute he is! And he can play chess, which is pretty impressive since I get confused just looking at a chess board.

Great-Aunt Penelope decided to sing karaoke in the boys' room. Told you she's random.

Regina thinks she's pretty. Not unusual for her.

And Levi thinks he's a stud. Again, not that unusual.

Ladies and gentlemen I present to you the faces of Portia and Regina made whilst watching TV.

Milo gets to work on important documents in the Mafia office, and continues to look totally BA.

While Milo works diligently on important matters, Rica also gets to work in the Mafia office. And by work I mean playing computer games of course.

And I will end this pic spam with a picture of my favorite Mafia guy standing in the dark, while it's pouring rain, on the totally awesome balcony-thing.

Coming soon...the Eugatnom house!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 11:02 PM
Wow! Awesome houses, Hazl!!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 9:51 PM
This challenge looks fun, I might try it. Hazl, I love your families.

"If the human brain was simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple to understand it."

"Some things I cannot change, but till I try I'll never know."
Instructor
#15 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 4:09 AM
Thanks everyone for the lovely comments on my challenge so far!

Kind of a long update today. Good news...the Eugatnom house is all decorated! So now I can actually get in on the action.

Due to my forgetful nature, I didn't take very many pictures of the outside of the house before it was completely made over. So just so you all know, the Eugatnom manor was the farmhouse maxis has in the houses bin.

What I did with the Eugatnom house was add a third floor to the house and a deck/balcony all around the perimeter of the top two floors. There is a pool in the back and two large fishing ponds along the sides of the house. I've provided some pictures of the house during the day and at night, since the whole outside portion of the house is covered in twinkling lights that look very pretty at night.

Some daytime shots.

Now some nighttime shots.

Just like the Telupac mansion...this house is huge! Therefore I'll only show you a few of the many rooms inside. I tried to keep a nature theme going in most of the house, since the Eugatnoms have such an appreciation for the outdoors.

The Front Hall.

The Office.

The Living Room.

(Love this room) The Kitchen.

Second Floor Bathroom.

The Master Suite. (Atticus and Bristol's Bedroom.)

Emerson's bedroom.

Eloise's room. With her room I wanted a special element, so one wall of her room is all mirrors. It looks pretty neat.

Another angle.

After I finished decorating, I let the Eugatnom family loose to explore. This gypsy matchmaker chilled outside on the porch for a long time while everyone else spent some time across the road. (So they weren't in my way while I was decorating...like some certain gypsy.)

Eloise and Bristol were the last two people I expected to see deep in a game of punch-you-punch-me.

A little chilly there Shy? Wouldn't know why, the sun is shining and it's springtime.

Ah Damien. You could be looking for a job, but you watch TV instead. I guess men will be men.

Emerson has the cutest little baby face ever. If I wasn't so obsessed with his nemesis Dawson, I would so love him.

Shy takes to an easel in hopes of producing a masterpiece.

Like mother like daughter.

Atticus vs. Bristol in a game of chess. Who do you think will win? My bet is on Bristol.

Cool shot of Eloise standing in front of the mirrors in her room.

So after spending a short amount of time with the Eugatnoms...I went into the Telupac household in hopes of getting some action started. Much to my dismay an entire day passed without one member of the opposing household walking by. Due to imense boredom, Dawson...my mafia man...decided to go out for a walk on the town.

What does an incredibly good-looking teenage boy such as Dawson do when he steps out for some fresh air? Play poker at a bar of course!

Gah! Seriously...I have never been so attracted to a sim before. Besides Tybalt Capp of course...lol. Just look at Dawson's face in this picture. I cannot resist that boy.

Another lot, another game. This time Dawson chooses to play some pool. While managing to look extremely hot at the same time.

Double Gah! I cannot get over how good this guy looks. I'm sorry....I just can't.

Dawson for heaven's sake boy...never walk by the Eugatnom house. I'm begging you...because I don't think I will be able to stand playing this challenge without your sexiness.

After my day in the Telupac mansion, I went back to the Eugatnom house. Eloise, Tabatha and Emerson spent some time fishing, while everyone else sort of relaxed inside.

Needless to say, no one from the Telupac family walked by their house on this particular day either, but Eloise wanted to go out and walk around town for a while, so I let her. She went to the park and ordered herself her usual cup of coffee. It helps her take her mind off of things back at home.

Wanting to find someplace else to relax, Eloise went to the spa. She sat in the front room for a while looking at the fire, trying to figure out what to do next.

Figuring it was probably time to head home, Elosie decided she'd head out back for just a little bit to look around before she would begin the treak back to Eugatnom manor. As she slowly turned the corner her heart skipped a beat at the sight of the Telupac family heir...Dawson.

It was rare for Telupacs and Eutgatnoms to see one another in a public setting, and it was even more rare for both parties to walk away from a confrontation alive. Eloise had never personally encountered any member of the Telupac family before, but she had seen them from a distance. She instantly feared being in the presence of the handsome young man, yet at the same time she felt oddly...comfortable, as their eyes locked for a short instant.

And so the story begins...

I'll keep you guys updated when I have more to share!

Theorist
#16 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 12:11 PM
@Hazl: And the two will fall in love and start a new Romeo and Juliet Story? I hope not :D

So... about the families, do they have to be enemies like the Capps and the Montys from Veronaville? Or just have them 'kill' each other whenever one passes by?
Test Subject
#17 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 5:05 PM
I think I'll hop on the bandwagon

When prey softly outwits its predator... such is a sight to see...
Instructor
#18 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 3:16 PM
vhanster Yes it kind of is a Romeo/Juliet story in a sense...but I'm trying to make it very different from that. For instance I don't want neither Dawson nor Eloise to die (especially not Dawson...lol), there are a lot of other relationships I would like to establish with some other people, and if I can get Eloise and Dawson to ever meet...their relationship is going to have a lot of bumps in the road.

Update from the Telupac family! I went to play with them for a day and decided to send them all out to community lots in search for Eugatnoms. So I sent the entire family out on the town, but first here's a few shots of them at home.

Just to prove I do play with people other than Dawson in this house...here's a picture of Regina dancing like an idiot.

Great-Aunt Penelope is obsessed with the microphone. I cannot get her of of it to do anything else.

Milo is oddly amused with Regina's terrible dance skills.

Video games are very irritating to young Levi.

Ladies and gentlemen I present to you another segment of the faces of Portia and Regina made whilst watching TV!

The first place I sent the Telupac family to was a night club downtown. The girls chose to go and dance, Levi and Dawson played pinball, Great-Aunt Penelope ran around the place seeming lost without her microphone, and Milo ordered a few drinks.

I have so much fun taking pictures of Milo. He just fits the character I want him to be so well. Especially when I get side-shots of him like this one.

Ok...I've gone long enough without a picture of Dawson. Here's one of him playing pinball (and looking hot), and yes there's only one instead of twenty!

Even though Levi doesn't necessarily look hot while playing pinball I still love that kid.

Great-Aunt Penelope is looking goofy as always.

Look who happens to walk in! Bristol! When Rica notices the generally peaceful grandmother from the Eugatnom family, things are sure to get interesting.

And interesting they get...as Rica proceeds to insult, torment, and prank poor Bristol.

Bristol obviously does not appreciate Rica's actions.

And Rica obviously doesn't appreciate Bristol. I love the face she's making here, it just reeks of hatred.

Figuring Rica had gotten the family into enough trouble for now, everyone left the club and headed out to play some cards. Shortly after walking inside the building Shy Eugatnom walked by. I did have Portia greet her (I would like the two to become enemies), but due to an annoying Good Witch and her feline familiar being right in my way...I didn't get a picture to prove the encounter occurred. But I did get a really good picture of Dawson playing poker. :D

After some time I notice that this guy has made his way inside. How he went unnoticed by me for so long, I don't know. (Well actually I do. I was busy giggling like a school girl watching Dawson play poker.)

Emerson Eugatnom! Lovely...because I wanted Dawson and him to be enemies. This ought to be interesting.

Needless to say, Dawson thought giving Emerson a noogie was a proper way to greet him. Notice the Good Witch I mentioned earlier in the background of this pic.

Things start to get a bit uglier.

And then Emerson runs halfway across the bar like a scaredy cat.

Emerson seems...shocked to see Dawson.

The verbal insults continue.

Followed by some physical violence.

It's all a bit too much for poor Emerson.

Love this shot. Absolutely love it.

Shortly afterwords, a fight breaks out.

The Telupac family huddles around, cheering on Dawson and hoping that he'll escape the fight unharmed.

Then they take it outside.

And as expected, Dawson ends up victorious. (By the way how ironic is it that a cop happens to be standing off to the side?)

Since I believed the Telupacs had been in enough trouble now, I sent them home. The night passed by calmly...but an unwanted visitor did show up in the late hours of the evening.

Dice Roll: 2...Emerson's safe. For now.

He stops by yet again just a few hours later. Dawson and him were officially enemies by now, so I guess it would make sense for him to want to cause mischief around the Telupac mansion.

Dice Roll: 4...safe again.

No more than an hour later...Emerson's back. It was about at this time my sister was beside me exclaiming how she was going to throw up and that she just couldn't stomach this. She closed her eyes while I rolled the dice.

Dice Roll: 2....and my sister breathes a sigh of relief. She informed me at this point that she would never be able to play this challenge.

But unfortunately Emerson walked by again. And this time the dice decided his terrible fate.

Dice Roll: 1

Since no one else was really home at the time, Milo greeted Emerson in where else...the Mafia office.

Milo lead Emerson toward the back of the office, through a small, black, wooden door.

Ever wonder what that door lead to in the back of the office? Well it actually leads to a totally empty, tiny, little room. It's what I call the Telupac family's "torture chamber." There's a second one on the other wing of the house that I built on. Since I don't use boolprop...I will lock the Telupac's victims in these rooms and let their motives deplete.

Milo waits around for Dawson to return home from school after one. After all, Emerson is his enemy...and he has the rights to be the one to get rid of him. Milo informs Dawson of the situation when he arrives. Laying his homework down on the floor, Dawson gets rid of the door leading into the small room behind the Mafia office, leaving Emerson trapped inside.

That's it for now! I'll keep you guys informed now that things are getting a bit more interesting.

Field Researcher
#19 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 7:02 PM
I'm not sure I can play this challenge either. maybe if I make families I don't really like.
Hazl, where did you get Dawson's hair from?

"If the human brain was simple enough to understand, we'd be too simple to understand it."

Test Subject
#20 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 7:31 AM
Can sims in this challenge adopt? I mean, if they can't have one with other sim or something.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 7:27 PM
I think so, as long as you still end up with 7 sims.

Test Subject
#22 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 6:33 PM
Sounds awesome!
I'm definitely going to try this challenge!
I'll post pics soon! :D
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 11:14 PM
This looks interesting.

...Too bad I had to uninstall the Sims 2.
Instructor
#24 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mosomashu
I'm not sure I can play this challenge either. maybe if I make families I don't really like.
Hazl, where did you get Dawson's hair from?

I got Dawson's hair from Raon sims...it's one of the free hairs.

I haven't played in their neighborhood for a while, I may have to some time when I get sick of my legacy. Looking at my pictures made me miss Dawson..hehe.

Test Subject
#25 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 9:06 PM
Looks interesting, I'm just waiting to see how a full playthrough goes before i try it myself