Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 2:26 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 21st Jun 2015 at 9:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Grijze Pilion
Well, ReShade adds an annoying text overlay that doesn't go away when no shaders are installed. I didn't delete TS3W, I just don't have an unpatched version anymore. My Launcher now crashes everytime I try to open the game. I'm on 1.67.2.

Do you still have some stray files left over from ReShade? Sweetfx is incompatible with the launcher.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#77 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 9:39 PM
Still don't know what went wrong with those shaders. Jje1000's screenshot aroused my inner graphics junkie, and all this talk of depth of field and subsurface scattering has only made it worse. Especially now that I've optimized my PC a fair bit. Getting a solid 60 in CAS without any lag whatsoever. Absolutely mental, I love it. :lovestruc

And yes, I'm very well aware some of these things aren't going to happen. It's just about crazy enough we have AO now. No, that won't make me shut up about it. I thought I'd exhaused TS3's potential 3 years ago...I didn't even have HQ textures back then. No reason for me to think TS3 is done.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#78 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 10:27 PM
Did you manage to fix your game?
Mad Poster
#79 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 7:00 PM
Nope, the Launcher still crashes. Running the game with TS3W.exe is fine, but I need the launcher for installing some new stuff I got and, more importantly, because I want Origin to log my played hours. Origin says I've played for 396 hours but really, it's probably ten times that.

Damn it, I really wanted those shaders. Now all I have is a broken game that's not even installed in the right directory. Ugh, this PC is a mess.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#80 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 11:38 PM
Sorry for the bump, but I have great news:

Those with AMD/ATI GPUs can totally have ambient occlusion! There's a lovely little tool called RadeonPro that does everything NVInspector will do, if not more. You can have profiles, and there are lots of neat little sliders and tickboxes. The AO looks great and there's about a million different ways to smooth your edges. It'll also let you overclock, and it can also manage SweetFX effects.

So uh, @blakegriplingph, you might wanna add that to the original post.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#82 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 10:39 AM Last edited by Grijze Pilion : 2nd Aug 2015 at 11:10 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Can you post some screenshots?

The game crashes when toggling RadeonPro andthe screenshots the app itself takes are way too dark (as always with TS3, for some reason).
So here's some shots, I'm not sure if you can even see anything on them. However, I must add the AA effects look beautiful in game. The AO also seems to be doing it's thing.

This is the only screenshot that actually appears to show any of the visual effects. Again, looks better in-game.

There's definitely something going on here. Looks beautiful doesn't it?

I'm now also using RadeonPro in TS4. There is a definite framerate hit, but the game looks just a tad nicer. Especially the textures, they're way more detailed at greater distances since I disabled the LODs.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#83 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 10:39 PM
Interesting... but I don't see the difference (unlike the Nvidia AO where there's a bit of an outline around objects).
Mad Poster
#84 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Interesting... but I don't see the difference (unlike the Nvidia AO where there's a bit of an outline around objects).

The actual AO is very weak. However, as I said, if you're not satisfied with the AA, this will do the trick. The FXAA, SMAA, AA filters et cetera look great.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#85 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kimikobristen
I have tried using RadeonPro, though I only tried the AO to see the effects. Somehow it's more obvious when I hide the UI (f10). Or maybe actually I only toggled it on and off? I have no idea. It also kept crashing on me, until I figured that it only crashes my game when I have FRAPS running. RadeonPro's screenshots are awfully dark, so I really want to use FRAPS. Maybe I actually did something wrong that causes the crashing? I'm in a hurry so I couldn't check it out. But I got some comparison screenshots. If you are able to see through the darkness (which I can in game, fortunately) the shades on corner is quite obvious and nice, though I had to hide the UI?

The first screenshot has the UI hidden, the second unhidden, during the same session. Third screenshot is using FRAPS. The other two sets shows comparison by pressing f10. I don't know.

The screenshots being so dark is the game's fault. Run it in windowed mode and you'll be able to take proper screenshots.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#86 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 9:44 PM
Don't use RadeonPro, it's shit! I can say that now, and quite comfortably so, since I've upgraded to a GTX 960. Which means I don't get any performance boost whatsoever in TS3, since that's shit as well.

insert signature here
Scholar
#87 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 10:52 PM
I'm the little third-grader listening to the big kids talking...
Forum Resident
#88 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 2:17 AM
Oh, how I wish I could do this!!!

But I am on a laptop that just got over its overheating problems and I don't want to make it a BFBVFS. Plus there's that annoying problem of real life getting in the way of the sims! It's storming so much here and I barely have time for my college on my computer, much less gaming. Wah.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Mad Poster
#89 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AmandieLove
BFBVFS

I love how Googling that turns up Sims-related stuff nearly exclusively. What does that say about the game?

insert signature here
Forum Resident
#90 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 1:30 PM
I love how Googling that turns up Sims-related stuff nearly exclusively. What does that say about the game?

The game is good with the right mods. What does that say about EAxis?

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
Mad Poster
#91 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 4:58 PM
The game is good with the right mods. What does that say about EAxis?

What it says is that EAxis should take the mods and make them vanilla. At launch. You know, like Kerbal Space Program, but better.

insert signature here
Forum Resident
#92 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 8:30 PM
What it says is that EAxis should take the mods and make them vanilla. At launch. You know, like Kerbal Space Program, but better.

But that would involve thoroughly testing their games and not just selling us glorified betas. Something they can't wrap their little heads around.

Mad Poster
#93 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 9:09 PM
But that would involve thoroughly testing their games and not just selling us glorified betas. Something they can't wrap their little heads around.

I'm not a fan of how Colossal Order pulled a massive CimCity, and I don't want them to pull a The Cims, but damn, there needs to be a better equivalent to The Sims. Preferably one that doesn't have mediocre graphics and music, like Cities Skylines does.

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#94 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 10:09 PM
The screenshots being so dark is the game's fault. Run it in windowed mode and you'll be able to take proper screenshots.

I concur, this definitely helps. But even then, you might find that your shots only use about half of the available range and ought to be punched up a bit.
Field Researcher
#95 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 7:15 AM
I've always preferred ENB over SweetFX, and the generic ENB works fine with Sims 3, but I could only find one pre-made profile, and like the pre-made SweetFX profiles, it just made the contrast too high, the bloom too bright and the nights too dark. Needs a lot of work.
Forum Resident
#96 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 12:42 AM
I tweaked the ambient occlusion settings a bit differently than the initlal post, and I have an earlier driver version too. The indoor pics should be a fairly accurate depiction of these settings' abilities, but the outside view will be affected by the fact that I have a lighting mod by brntwaffles too.

EDIT: I thought I had my ambient occlusion on something different than the main post but I didn't. I feel like an idiot now. Also, what terms on the settings have to do with bloom, if any? I want to fix the bloom in TS3 with this but I don't know what all this means (which means I really shouldn't be touching it with a 10 foot pole but oh well.)

Not sure that I am impressed enough to consider it worth the performance hit to keep ambient occlusion, though. I may try to reduce the bloom if I can with this nVidia Inspector (which I LOVE because it gives me my GPU temperature) My settings when taking those are spoilered below, for anyone curious.

Mad Poster
#97 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 11:44 AM
I'm not exactly sure how I did it, but I managed to get the bloom down to an acceptable level. My game looks gorgeous with AO, subtle bloom, heat waves and improved AA.

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#98 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 9:42 PM
I'm not exactly sure how I did it...

If it isn't too much trouble, can you post a copy or screenshot of the GPU settings that you ended up with? I know "Our Mileage May Vary", but your profile would be at least an example of one that can give (on some rig) the results you describe.

The bloom can be entirely disabled in a game .xml that isn't specific to the graphics card model -- and that's how I've done it up to now. But since you achieved "subtle" bloom, you've evidently not had to disable it that way.
Mad Poster
#99 Old 1st Sep 2015 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
*snip*

These are my settings.
Also, in case you have a custom lighting file (I use Buhudain's EnvLightingTweaks 5.0), you can replace the bloom values with this:
Code:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
;; Tunable Parameters Related to Lighting
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
[Lighting]
SunlightScale = 1.1;
;;was 1.0 old change was 1.25
AmbientProbeScale = 1.0;
;;was 1.0
LightProbeSaturation = 0.4;
GrayscaleProbeIntensity = 0.5;

BloomRampIntensity = 1.0;
BloomRampThreshold = 1.9;
Gamma = 0.4f;

; Used currently for FullMoon lighting
[Lighting1]
SunlightScale = 1.4;
AmbientProbeScale = 0.9;
LightProbeSaturation = 0.4;
GrayscaleProbeIntensity = 0.5;

BloomRampIntensity = 1.0;
BloomRampThreshold = 0.7;
Gamma = 0.4f;

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#100 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 9:58 PM
Bump time! It's me again.

I'm running the game in 1440p, I'm forcing SSAO, FXAA and anisotropic filtering...and I'm not satisfied. Anyone know of any tools or apps that can force even more graphical goodness onto the poor old engine? I've been looking at Lucky Palms screenshots, and they seem suspiciously nice in sometimes...any files to fiddle with before I dive into the game code? I'm no coder, so I'll probably just change everything that seems vaguely related to the lighting engine. Even if it will break my game.

insert signature here
Page 4 of 8