Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 5:42 AM
Default Add "Plantable" to Custom Ingredients? Add Barista Bev to Arsil's Generic Food Maker?
1) I have just enough knowledge about editing items with S3PE to be dangerous. I LOVE the expanded selection of cooking ingredients provided by great ppl like icemunmun, Cinderellimouse, Arsil & others. However, since cheese, steak, links, etc are plantable, I would like to make some of their (appropriate) ingredients plantable as well. Is there a way to do this with s3pe? Or am I talking about having to create entirely new objects to allow this?

2) After reading Sandy's post at AroundtheSims3 (who is AMAZING) about Arsil's Generic Food Maker (aka AGFM), I got almost as excited about it as she did! With all the incredible possibilities the mod already provides, I still want more! I would really like to be able to add the available Barista Bar beverages to AGFM objects, but am utterly clueless how to make this possible.... I'm terribly afraid this would require far more modding capability than I have, but secretly hope it'll be relatively simple. Any thoughts?

Would love any input, advice or even cautions from experienced modders
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 6:20 PM
1) You could check out this thread for adding new ingredients to the game http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=540902
Or
http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...050#post4917050

2)Arsil usually adds small little tutorials in his descriptions to being able to add things yourself with his mods, so for that you want to check out the 'Info and examples' spoiler button for it
(http://modthesims.info/d/578872)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Sep 2017 at 8:35 PM
Thanks Greenplumbob - I have read those first 2 threads, but don't recall seeing how to make an already created plant plantable. I will re-read them tho, in case I missed it. I suspect I'd have to clone/create to get planting capability, which is more than I can manage at the moment, lol.

As for the Barista beverages, I suppose it would have been better to ask if those beverages can be extracted from the game & made into CC drinks. If that's the case, I would need guidance on where to find them & how to extract them.

*sigh* I might as well prepare myself to learn how to create CC!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 9:25 PM
Sorry for the delayed reply!

I think if you're new to modding... I'd actually first start trying things out in S3PE, which could be XML/ITUN modding, maybe creating a default replacement, just so you get to know the files inside a package a little bit better and S3PE features before really approaching any tutorials. At least I noticed that really helped me to get to understand certain step to step without any pictures tutorials a bit better. Since I do have to say that creating recipes and doing this manually in S3PE (Which currently seems to be the only way to do it) Can be really hard to understand or to do, especially when you're new to modding Of course you can always try to approach it as a first project I suppose if there are any questions in the whole process, there's always the create forums

Regarding the beverages... I shgould look more into that. I know the custom ones will be an easy one but that's about it...