Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 12:45 PM
The Mean Officer!
This is my first challenge. Hope you enjoy!

Backstory: (Your Sim) grew up with Criminals for parents, knowing no other world than the evil they were supposed to become a part of. But one day, a week before (Your Sim)'s 15th birthday, their parents were arrested on suspicion of kidnapping someone (they may or may not have actually done this, you decide). Watching the police do their work made (Your Sim) realize "This is what I want to do with my life." Unfortunately, there were some complications when (Your Sim) became old enough to hold a job -- they had inherited their parent's mean streak.

Setup
Create-a-Sim; You can have any gender you like, they can look however BUT they must have the mean trait and they need to have an Aspiration relating to becoming the best cop. A Vampire sim (if you have Vampires) might add an extra element of difficulty to it, so only do it if you're confident you can keep them out of the sun until you get the Sun Resistance power. They CAN be an Adult or Elder, but that isn't very realistic because your sim wants to become a cop as soon as possible. Besides, would YOU wait 40 years to fulfill your dreams if you could do it that very day? They CAN have a family as well, but that wouldn't tally either. A 21-year-old with children? Even a toddler might look odd, especially if your sim doesn't have a spouse.

Building a house.
If, like me, you have City Living, it is preferred that the sim has an apartment. Money doesn't matter (they may have gotten ahold of their parents funds ) so you can Motherlode away

The goal is to get your sim to the top of their career as an officer, despite the Mean trait they have. You can use the base-game Law Enforcement career, or Get To Work's Detective career.

+5 points every time the Daily Task is done
+5 points every time your sim goes to work in the required Emotion
+10 points every Promotion Requirement met
+50 points every Promotion
+100 points for getting to the top of the career
-10 points every Performance Loss (it's presumed you were mean to Co-workers)
-50 points for every Demotion
-100 points for being fired

You win if you get to Level 10 of the career with 600 points or more!
You lose if you get Fired (they won't take you into the system again)!
If the parents were not guilty of the kidnapping mentioned in the backstory, they force you out of your career if you get less than 600 points in the main challenge!

:lovestruc RELATIONSHIPS MINI-CHALLENGE :lovestruc

If you want to add in something to fill in the time you aren't at work, find a fellow Officer willing to engage in a Relationship with you.
+5 points for every Friend
+10 for every Romantic interaction that succeeds
+50 for getting Boyfriend/Girlfriend status
+100 for Proposal accepted
+200 for getting married
-5 for every Negative Interaction (you want to leave the Meanness behind you!)
-10 for every Romantic interaction that fails
-50 for breaking up with your Boyfriend/Girlfriend
-100 for Proposal rejected
-200 for getting divorced

If you're still married by the time the main challenge ends, you win the mini-challenge!
If you divorce before the main challenge ends, you lose the mini-challenge! (I mean, who wants to go out with a mean, divorced cop?)

Hope you enjoy!
Let me know if you want to see some of the Parent's Story!