Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Deathray mod for Freeze Ray

by Nukael Posted 29th Apr 2016 at 12:53 AM - Updated 30th Apr 2016 at 3:52 PM by Nukael

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 29 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Instructor
#26 Old 28th Dec 2016 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wizaerd
..... I'm trying to be a love 'em and kill 'em serial killer, but if I can;t shoot them after woohooing, it just won't fulfill how I want to play... ANy advice on getting the deathray to consistently show up regardless of who the sim is?

Gameplay or not, ppl like you really make me wonder what went so wrong in your real live to feel the need of playing like that.
Go seek for real help!
Test Subject
#27 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 8:37 PM
I'm curious about the conditions where it no longer shows up in a menu... Clicking a random sim, I see the option. Clicking on my sims girlfriend, it doesn't show up. Clicking on my sister, it shows up, clicking someone I just woohooed, it doesn't show up. I'd love it if it were much more consistent.... I'm trying to be a love 'em and kill 'em serial killer, but if I can;t shoot them after woohooing, it just won't fulfill how I want to play... ANy advice on getting the deathray to consistently show up regardless of who the sim is?

i agree totally
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 6:34 PM
thanks
Test Subject
#29 Old 30th Mar 2017 at 5:52 AM
Default can you change how it die
can you change how it die? i want to change it die because fire, but can you do it?
Test Subject
#30 Old 9th Oct 2017 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LuvMySimz
Gameplay or not, ppl like you really make me wonder what went so wrong in your real live to feel the need of playing like that.
Go seek for real help!

Haven't you heard of the Extreme Violence mod? Lots of people use and it some people like to use Sims as a way to release their anger in a healthy way.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 27th Oct 2017 at 8:20 AM
As of today, for me at least, it is not working
It shows up and everything and the animation is done but they do not die
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#32 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 8:06 PM
well the damn thing worked for me. I have the one since before the november update and I tried it and it worked. I just wish I hadn't tested it on a sim I actually wanted to keep (GENIUS)
Instructor
Original Poster
#33 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 8:45 PM
I've been unable to get it to work with the newest patches.

This space intentionally left blank...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#34 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:19 PM
It doesn't work like it used to, but it still gets the job done. I used it under the patch from feb. 6th 2018. I only tested it on a lot not out in the world. when I do I will come back here.
Test Subject
#35 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 8:40 PM
Why to make it limited to non-community lots? For what?
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 10:14 PM
I'm curious about the conditions where it no longer shows up in a menu... Clicking a random sim, I see the option. Clicking on my sims girlfriend, it doesn't show up. Clicking on my sister, it shows up, clicking someone I just woohooed, it doesn't show up. I'd love it if it were much more consistent.... I'm trying to be a love 'em and kill 'em serial killer, but if I can;t shoot them after woohooing, it just won't fulfill how I want to play... ANy advice on getting the deathray to consistently show up regardless of who the sim is?
@Wizaerd Origin has updated their app so much. So I doubt that mod will work.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DGV441982
well the damn thing worked for me. I have the one since before the november update and I tried it and it worked. I just wish I hadn't tested it on a sim I actually wanted to keep (GENIUS)

Actually, Origin has done numerous UPDATES on their apps and Sims 4. So you might wanna update the mod again.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 8:08 AM Last edited by DGV441982 : 9th Oct 2018 at 10:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalKitty38
Actually, Origin has done numerous UPDATES on their apps and Sims 4. So you might wanna update the mod again.

If you would have read the date of that post before you posted a reply you would have known that it was talking about the patch update from that time period.. at that time it was still working. This mod is as of today September 29th 2018 still technically functioning. my game is completely up to date (1.46.18) It does not work out in the world. if you use it sims will get the glowing aspect as if they were shot with the Ray gun but will not die. If you use it on a residential lot the sim you fired on will get electrocuted and die.

EDIT: With the coming November update I am 100% that this mod will no longer function at all unless this creator some how comes back and fixes it since all script files will be broken.
Test Subject
#39 Old 28th Jul 2019 at 12:38 PM
This mod no longer works.
Test Subject
#40 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nukael
I've been unable to get it to work with the newest patches.

Use Scumbumbo's XML Injector. I've tested the mod with it - the "simray" pie menu icon does not show but the interaction works fine when you inject it via the snippet tuning resource.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<I c="XmlInjector" i="snippet" m="xml_injector.snippet" n="SimRay_DeathRay_Injector" s="11126363992538326766">
	<L n="add_interactions_to_sims">
		<T>17443600936054614322</T>
	</L>
</I>
Page 2 of 2