Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2023 at 2:30 AM
Default Stuttering/weird low FPS at random times
A very annoying bug that I have encountered since Sims 4 was released more or less...

At total random times, no matter what game speed or what the game is doing, it can sometimes drop down to like 25FPS and be verry jaggy and feel like 20Hz monitor, and if I press ESC in and out, it most often gets rid of the problem. But not every time.

I seriously dont get what is causing this, my PC spec is WAY beyond rec specs. And I have tried without custom content, no difference.

What causes this?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 30th Dec 2023 at 9:39 PM
The Sims 4 is still using old engine, so it could barely be hanging by a thread with all the packs installed. Other than that, does the game recognize your graphics card?

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Dec 2023 at 2:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
The Sims 4 is still using old engine, so it could barely be hanging by a thread with all the packs installed. Other than that, does the game recognize your graphics card?

I am not sure really, where can I find out that best way?

I do have a 2080 Super
Forum Resident
#4 Old 1st Jan 2024 at 8:06 PM
In your C:\Users\(your username)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder there should be file called "Config"
Open it up in notepad and find the spot where it says: === Graphics device info ===
Bit under it it should say:
Name (driver): (your graphics card name should be here)
Name (database): (your graphics card name should be here) [Found: 1, Supported: 1]

If it recognizes it.