Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 10:18 AM Last edited by justJones : 10th May 2018 at 10:09 PM.
Default Tutorial: "Split Level" (sunken rooms on foundation level)
So there is a split level tutorial out by the Sim Supply:

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 6:08 PM
That's neat! :D
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 8:32 PM
It is, but I think the area created cant have any furniture?

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 8:49 PM
You mean the sunken area? For all I know, it can (this is not the first video showing off "sunken" rooms (but it is the first tutorial)). Seems to work exactly the same as in previous games, plus perhaps consistent lighting (which I won't believe until I've seen it in game). Also in that video up there, there's furniture on both levels?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 8:52 PM
Oh cool. I must admit I got a bit bored of James video style and gave up watching

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 8:53 PM
Is only semi-useful though, cause without cfe you won't be able to have doors in the sunken part.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 10:19 PM
And it's only on the ground. To me it feels more like a living area inside the foundation rather than a true split level.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 10:23 PM
Yeah, IDK -- should we change the title perhaps? Not sure how the term "split level" vs "sunken room" is being used nowadays, as I haven't been around for a while .. but I almost dropped my coffee when I saw the words "split level" in the TS4 area o.O thinking it was about that thing with cfe and slopes and so on.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 10:46 PM
I was very surprised and happy to see your name pop up. Does this mean we are going to see new plasticbox houses again?

I would call that a sunken room.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#10 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 11:01 PM
I'm definitely interested in TS4 (which is the main reason I came back from inactivity), yes. No cfe is certainly a bummer, but on the other hand, Maxis are actively supporting modders now which to my knowledge they've never done before .. if they continue doing that, that would weigh up for a lot of drawbacks.

(OT: I'm also about to upload a bunch of TS3 lots before I uninstall that. Some are online already. In case you're still playing TS3.)

Inventor
#11 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 5:30 AM
Yeah, it gave me a headache to hear that there won't be no cfe (and no terrain tools ... boohoo!) in TS4. We'll see what we'll be able to create with the given tools and I'm relieved about the fact that so many talented people are already working on cc and tools for TS4. Now that I learned that (sort of) split level is possible I think a little more positive about the TS4 build mode. Can't wait to build my first house(es).

... AND it's awesome to see you back as an active creator, plasticbox. I've loved your TS2 houses and your TS3 lots are adorable. (sorry if this sounds a bit fan-girlish).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 6:04 AM
I don't play TS3 very much, I'm a Sims 2 lady; but I will go and check out your newest TS3 houses. I have quite a few of your TS2 houses.

*fan girls mob around plasticbox*

~Call me Jo~
*not to be found on sims4forum*
retired moderator
#13 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 7:26 AM
This could be interesting to play with. Hopefully there will end up being a way to get trickier with the abilities in the game. I love building so I'm pretty curious about how I'll do with it. Thanks for posting this video.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 1:50 PM
Played with it in my game. It is really neat, and surprisingly enough is one of the few things in the Sims 4 that actually seems to work like a charm! It does only work on the ground floor, and the lights from a second floor won't carry down, though if you leave the roof section off even with a second floor above you will get sunlight down to the ground with appropriate shadows. So you can do an interior courtyard add all the gardening fun stuffs to it and your outdoor sims treat it as outside. You can still decorate and use it inside or out as a regular room, other than you can't have doors directly into the room you need at least one floor space and a step.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]There are those that do, those that teach and those that merely dream.[/COLOR]
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 11:55 PM
I played around with this a bit ago and I never did get around to finishing it.
Screenshots