Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Stair wall fix

by JRW Posted 4th Jun 2010 at 12:13 AM - Updated 4th Jun 2010 at 6:56 AM by JRW

128 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 80 Feedback Posts, 47 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Field Researcher
#26 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 4:11 PM
This is just incredibly awesome! Thank you oh so very much.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 6:15 PM
This is awesome! Thank you so much for your work 8D I had to log in just to thank you for this.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 6:58 PM
There is another set like this out there that are, as you put it, 'single tile objects'. This is great because I don't have to place. Every. Single. One. Thank you for making this! It's awesome. =D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jade1_nl
Nice job!!!I loove the house.. Is it available for download?

LOL no, it's just a test room.
But thanks for the compliment!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 7:21 PM
awesome job! I hope that room is a part of an actual house..it looks quite nice.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 7:41 PM
Brilliant! Thanks so much for this, very much needed.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 8:22 PM
And just when it seemed there was nothing else out there to do :-) Terrific! Yup, it bugged me but I just dealt with it. Now I don't have to :-D
Field Researcher
#33 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 8:35 PM
I never use CC except walls, floors and terrains, but I just have to have this. Thank you so much!

My simblr
Field Researcher
#34 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 8:55 PM
This is AMAZING!!! Thank you so much!!!!!
A question for you tho: will these "reflect" the wall color underneath, or are there just certain colors that these recognize? In other words, will the custom wall colors work with these or only maxis colors? (Does that make sense?)
Anyway, thanks again!!!!

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jbeach34
This is AMAZING!!! Thank you so much!!!!!
A question for you tho: will these "reflect" the wall color underneath, or are there just certain colors that these recognize? In other words, will the custom wall colors work with these or only maxis colors? (Does that make sense?)
Anyway, thanks again!!!!

These are windows, so yeah, any wall cover will work.
Have fun
Test Subject
#36 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 10:00 PM
oh my god THANK YOU FOR THIS! the stair wall thing would always bug me soooo much!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 10:17 PM
Thank you so much for this fix! The stair/wall issue has annoyed me ever since I bought TS2.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 11:10 PM
Is this compatible with simlogical's stair walls?

~DidaDragonfly~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 4th Jun 2010 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didadragonfly
Is this compatible with simlogical's stair walls?

Umm... what?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#40 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 12:42 AM
didadragonfly this is a totally separate object than Inge's. They do not rely on them nor do they conflict with them.

JRW - I noticed that you don't have just the angled pieces in all sizes, I think it was the 2 tile missing. I'm not overly fond of the ones with the uprite portion to cover the wall edges, so I'm only interested in the angled ones. Do you think you'd consider adding that one?
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 1:05 AM
Default TOU/TOS Policy
Thank you, JRW!

Question: What is your TOU/TOS Policy?

I would like to use this in some the lots I am planning to upload.

Thanks again, Nonni
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
JRW - I noticed that you don't have just the angled pieces in all sizes, I think it was the 2 tile missing. I'm not overly fond of the ones with the uprite portion to cover the wall edges, so I'm only interested in the angled ones. Do you think you'd consider adding that one?

Actually I did try to make these without the frame, but a basic frame IS required, otherwise the wall tops look weird.
I had a hard time making that basic frame (like the default top of the walls) fit excatly to the width of the walls so I turned to these.
I guess I could try again, but don't you think this version is better (and more realistic too)?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nonni
Thank you, JRW!

Question: What is your TOU/TOS Policy?

I would like to use this in some the lots I am planning to upload.

Thanks again, Nonni

Arrg... I wrote a policy ages ago but it doesn't show up in my profile.
Use it freely any way you want, just allocate me a modest gratitude at the bottom of the page
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 1:42 AM
Does this work differently than Inge Jones stairwall 'window' openings that she created at my request a couple of years ago? I use them in nearly every house, but if this is different I'd like to try it out.
http://drealm.info/simlogical/sl/Si..._Stairwalls.htm

oops sorry, asked and answered.
Test Subject
#45 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 2:28 AM
This is awesome. I've never noticed it until now.
Test Subject
#46 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 3:09 AM
Great. Thanks.
Test Subject
#47 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 8:10 AM
OMG, these are fab.
Instructor
#48 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 8:19 AM
You're a genious!... You know that, right?... K, just checking. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 8:19 AM
This is absolutely brilliant! Can't wait to try it out!
Scholar
#50 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 1:38 PM
This is brilliant and one of those things I didn't know I needed until I saw it. However it's causing some problems for me when I install it. When I go in game I'm missing some lots from the bin and no sound comes from stereo's or TV. I don't have any custom electronics just Maxis.

If I take out this file and go back in all lots are there and the sound files all play as normal. I don't have a clue what it could be conflicting with to cause this. I didn't see any special instructions so I'm assuming this just goes in the DL folder.
Page 2 of 6