Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#51 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lalena2248
Great entries everyone! Looks like this contest, since it's supposed to end on Nov. 13th will only be 3 rounds. I'll post Round 3 tomorrow. We'll add up all the scores at the end. I will post round 1 results tomorrow. Round 2 will be due by Friday Morning, 9am.

I was just checking in to see about scores and am glad to hear Round 1 will finally be posted. Lalaena, instead of extending rounds longer and longer, could you post the next one so we (that are getting things done on time) can get to work on it. Maybe we could get all four rounds done if you just posted them and left it up to us to meet the deadlines. I'm just sad for you to see your contest floundering. You've given us ample time for each round and I'm one of the slowest persons on the planet and I'm getting done on time so I was hoping for a way for us to do all four rounds. I have no idea who will be leading in the scores, but if that person has never won a contest before, 4 rounds will get her/him that coveted "star" showing her/his great accomplishment.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 2:26 PM
I agree with Deatherella. It isn't fair to the other contestants who actually want to do the contest. You've already stated that scores are based on a point system so if contestants aren't submitting their entries in time then that should count them as a 0.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#53 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SolidGoldFunk84
I agree with Deatherella. It isn't fair to the other contestants who actually want to do the contest. You've already stated that scores are based on a point system so if contestants aren't submitting their entries in time then that should count them as a 0.

Ok. I'll post round 3 and 4 tonight and the due date will be November 12th for both rounds.

And yes, I was already going to give zeros for points for rounds that were not finished.

Look for the remaining rounds later tonight!

I'm also sad that this contest isn't as popular. I have ran 2-3 successful contests in the past. It seems that there is more of a lack of interest in these kind of contests. I used to have to wait weeks to get a contest up and running. Now it was pretty quick. Even if this one doesn't do well, I have other ones to try later on. So, don't worry, I'll be around!

Points for round 1 will also be revealed tonight

Please come and sign up for the Spooky Hollows House Design Contest, a Sims 3 Haunted House Competition! Sign up over at StageSelect The information to enter is featured on the homepage!
Scholar
#54 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 10:43 PM
I'll have my picture for the mirror image round asap. I finally started a new job two days ago, and the time alteration is taking some getting used to!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#55 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 1:04 AM Last edited by lalena2248 : 5th Nov 2009 at 3:05 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by TRIriana
I'll have my picture for the mirror image round asap. I finally started a new job two days ago, and the time alteration is taking some getting used to!

Congrats on the job and I look forward to seeing your entry!

POINTS AND NEXT ROUNDS WILL BE POSTED TOMORROW MORNING!! I had a computer glitch and will not be able to do these until tomorrow morning. It will def be up by noon CST!!

Please come and sign up for the Spooky Hollows House Design Contest, a Sims 3 Haunted House Competition! Sign up over at StageSelect The information to enter is featured on the homepage!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#56 Old 5th Nov 2009 at 6:19 PM
Round 3 and Round 4!!
Round 3: Color My World

Lyra: "Through the years, my love of playing with color, especially with my hair, has been affected by my moods. This was most apparent in high school! I have had EVERY hair color in the book."

Linore (laughing): "I think green was the worst. It looked liked someone blew their nose on your head!"

Lyra: "Thanks, kid. Anyway, as you probably have figured out, color can illustrate or influence a mood. When you are in high school, and most especially with what you are going through right now, you may find yourself being drawn to certain ones. Color can explain a lot about you right now. This will also explain our next photoshoot!"

You will each be assigned a color to express. Everything in the photo: makeup, hair, jewelry, clothes, scene NEEDS to be in that color.

Kari: You will be Yellow.
Jenny: You will be Orange.
Zara: You will be Purple.
Camaro: You will be Red.
Clara: You will be Blue.

You can use this site for examples of what these colors mean: http://www.color-wheel-pro.com/color-meaning.html

Remember to still keep this modelesque but illustrate the feel of each color. This is a full body shot.

Round 4: Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder

Lyra: "The most important lesson I have learned growing up is that before people can see you as beautiful, you have to see yourself as beautiful. For this photoshoot, I want you to do 2 beauty shots (from the shoulders up). One with no makeup and your hair how it is when you wake up in the morning. Then, one beauty shot with yourself done up to feel the most confident."

You have creative license for this shoot besides the fact that it is to be from the shoulders on up. Bare shoulders, no jewelry.

Have fun and I look forward to seeing the shoots. Scores from Round 1 posted by 3pm CST!! I lost my own results and had to start judging over. Sorry!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#57 Old 7th Nov 2009 at 12:57 AM Last edited by lalena2248 : 7th Nov 2009 at 3:15 AM.
Round 1 Results
Judging Criteria:
Point system (1 - 5):
1. How well did they portray their assigned idol?
2. Does the outfit/pose fit in with their assigned idol?
3. Overall composition (layout) of the piece. Is it pleasing to the eye? Are their things it lacks? Take these things into consideration.
4. Use of effects, ie: lighting, props, etc. to illustrate theme.
5. How would you rate it as a photograph? Are they still modeling as they portray the idol?

Kari:
1) The Portrayal: 9/15
"I think that the portrayal as an overall feel but it seems…lacking? Mae was sexy, yes; sassy, most definitely…but she had to keep some sort of decorum. Her sexuality was seemingly well-placed throughout yet hidden from direct view. And, although she was definitely around during prohibition, it was something that stars tried to keep hidden, as to not be raided."

"Your portrayal of Mae West doesn't seem well thought out. From what I've learned in this short period about her, she was sexy, elegant and classy. It seems that you may have gotten the wrong impression of her."

"Kari is a beautiful model yet seems bored and confused in her pose. There is one other complaint, Why is she wearing a lolita style outfift? This doesn't really fit the time period. The set, however, does show her risque style. Also, where did the pose come from?"

2)Outfit/Pose: 8/15
"Although I find the pose from the waist up fine, I have issue with the waist down. Getting on top of the bar is fine, but that is not a pose that Mae would have done during her time. The outfit does not fit what was worn during her time period or her movies necessarily. I think a b/w shot and maybe a prop, like a hat or boa, could have shot this photo up a notch."

"This goes back to the first part. I think a cross legged pose and a more glamorous outfit would have done wonders. I also think to give it that classic touch, you should have converted the image to Black & White. Your Kari is really pretty and I think she could have done a great job with this idol. "

3) The Theme: 10/15
"You have a theme going here, but I find it more old west than speakeasy or club of the 1920s/30s, although that may be because you based it off of some of her films."

" I see that you have a theme going but I'm not sure that it's relevant to Mae West. Maybe more of a club setting would have done the trick."

4) The Effects: 7/15
"I think the addition of some more lighting could have done wonders to this piece."

"I don't see any effects in this picture. I think a soft light would have worked well for the era and idol you were portraying."

5) Overall: 9/15
"I can see you had a plan on what you tried to portray for the idol. In terms of some of her films, it’s relevant, but overall for portraying Mae herself, it’s lacking some classy pizzazz. A little bit more the refinement mixed with her already sassy pose would have done wonders."

"Overall, I think your photograph showed that you didn't think much of her but you had a job to do and I don't think that you accomplished it. Maybe next time, you can google some images to get a better idea of how your image should look. HERE is a link to Mae West Photos so that you can see why I judged the way I did."

Hisayo:
1) The Portrayal: 15/15
"This was gorgeous. So glamorous, so elegant…sigh. Great job! "

"Your portrayal of Dorothy Dandridge was soo soft and beautiful! I think you captured her very well, especially being a teenager. Great job!"

"I can not find anything I don't like about this picture.The layout, pose, and outfit all look beautiful!"

2)Outfit/Pose: 15/15
"You posed head to toe, young lady. The dress and angle from which the photo was taken was very well thought out."

"I love that you put her in a red dress! As a teen it's hard to portray the sex appeal that exudes from an adult and I think you've quietly captured that with the dress, and the pose without showing too much. Very beautiful entry."

3) The Theme: 14/15
"The dress, accessories, heck even the furniture fit into her time period. I can’t think of anything else you could have done to illustrate her time period."

"There aren't many props in the scene but that seems just perfect to me."

4) The Effects: 14/15
"So soft! It represents not only Dorothy, but the way most portraits were taken back then; hazy and dreamlike."

"The effects are perfect! I love how you softened the photo to give it a more glamorous effect."

5) Overall: 14.5/15
"Overall, this is one great photo! Excellent work!"

"Overall, I think you did a beautiful job portraying her. The only thing I could really say is to play around with props a bit more. "

Clara:
1) The Portrayal: 15/15
"You ARE Clara Bow! Excellent job! For a minute, I did a double take!"

"You are dead on point! You have captured her to the T! Beautiful job!"

"I have a few questions. How are you floating? I would take it you moved but there's one problem. How did you get that pose? No posers are allowed and I can't come up where this pose is used anywhere naturaly in the game. The picture would be beautifull if it wasn't for the lack of posers and if the floating was explained."

2)Outfit/Pose: 12/15
"Everything fits here. The outfit and accessories says flapper, the hair says It Girl, the pose says sass. Love it!"

"So perfect!"

3) The Theme: 14/15
"This screams the roaring 20s! Great use of visuals for the theme."

" I see the classic element in your background. Beautiful and well thought out."

4) The Effects: 15/15
"I’m SO glad you made this black and white! That little change made this photo!"

"I love the softness and the black and white effect. I think those small details made your photograph as perfect as it is."

5) Overall: 15/15
"This photo Charleston’s into my heart!"

"Beautiful entry and you've done a beautiful job of capturing her even though you(Clara) have nothing in common with her. That is truly a talent to have.
"I appreciate the soft elegance you put into your look of Natalie. However, I wonder if Miss Woods would have worn a dress that short. Somehow, though, it works in a more older, sassy way. Maybe post Gypsy? However, I think her face is so pretty that you could have done a better job at the portrayal by coming closer to the camera."

"Natalie Woods had a really beautiful face and most photographs that I've found of her are head shots. I think you should have done a head shot to better portray her."

"Everything was creme tone in that picture except for the chair which was bright red and I doubt Natalie Wood would let herself be lost in a picture of herself. Though, it was smart to place a strong light above you the get attention to you face.zooming in a bit and a different chair or outfit color would have greatly improved this picture."

2)Outfit/Pose: 9/15
"Outfit is a little short for me, but I like the color. The pose is very cute."

"I think the pose is ok but the outfit and hair look too modern."

3) The Theme: 8/15
"I see a general 1960s-esque theme going on here. It’s good. However, I think the color scheme somehow engulfs you. You need to stand out, not the chair."

" There isn't a particular theme in this photo. I think this would have been ok had more thought gone into the hair and pose."

4) The Effects: 11/15
"I adore the lighting effect. I just which it was more of a closeup with that same effect."

"I must say that I love the lighting effect in this photograph. I love that she's the focus so naturally your eyes are drawn to her. Great job on this aspect."

5) Overall: 10/15
"Overall, I think you did a decent job of portraying Natalie. Personally, I think it would have been better close up, with maybe your hair pulled back. You and Natalie both have such pretty faces, it would be a shame not to showcase them even more!"

"I think you did a really good job and it's obvious you tried to capture her."

Final Score Count for Round 1:
Kari: 43/75
Hisayo: 72.5/75
Camaro: 46.5/75
Clara: 71/75

Scholar
#58 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 12:19 AM
Quote:
"I have a few questions. How are you floating? I would take it you moved but there's one problem. How did you get that pose? No posers are allowed and I can't come up where this pose is used anywhere naturaly in the game. The picture would be beautifull if it wasn't for the lack of posers and if the floating was explained."

In case I lost points for the apparent use of Poser (which in the rules states is a disqualifiable offence), I'd like to point out that I did not use this program. I used Decorgal's Posing Box (downloadable from this site) and a download on MtS that allows the placement of Sims and objects at any angle or height. She also was not floating. She is lying on top of a piano - which is where the second download came in.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#59 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TRIriana
In case I lost points for the apparent use of Poser (which in the rules states is a disqualifiable offence), I'd like to point out that I did not use this program. I used Decorgal's Posing Box (downloadable from this site) and a download on MtS that allows the placement of Sims and objects at any angle or height. She also was not floating. She is lying on top of a piano - which is where the second download came in.

I know. This was a statement from another judge. If I thought you used Poser, I would have questioned it. As an avid contest, I could see what you used. I can assure you, you didn't lose any points from my calculations. However, I will ask the judge if they would have submitted differently they were a hundred percent sure about poser. Thank you for taking the time to confirm!

Scholar
#60 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 3:15 PM Last edited by Deatherella : 10th Nov 2009 at 10:55 AM.
Default Kari Trunks - Round 3
Let the Sun Shine In

So bright, so cheery, I just want to clap with joy.

I think yellow is a color that just perks a person right up. Yellow makes you feel all sunny and bright and cheerful. I had fun with this shoot portraying yellow -- and, nope, it was not hard to show the meaning of this color. With all the bright yellow flowers, a beautiful yellow satin gown and a few other things, I think my shoot just glows with sunshine showing how much yellow just makes you all feel so happy inside and out.
Green is my favorite color. I go outside and all that green is so wonderful as it shows off the world in all its living and growing splendor around me. And, when you bring it inside, it's like bringing the beauty of the earth inside with you.

4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Scholar
#61 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 3:40 PM Last edited by Deatherella : 11th Nov 2009 at 5:08 AM.
Default Kari Trunks - Round 4
Good Morning!

After a couple hours of fake yawning to look like I just woke up, the photographer decided it would be a better idea to just catch me "waking up" in my own bed. So off we went to my home where I laid down and then "woke up". That was ever so much more comfortable and real feeling. It wasn't hard to go without makeup since I usually just dab on some lip gloss for everyday -- but oh! that hair!

Poised Self-Possession

It's hard to say what look I'm most comfortable in. I like to look and dress my best for any given occasion. I do like trendy clothing, though. Most often, you'll find me wearing a dress since I am girly enough to want to feel feminine. In this final shoot, I looked in the mirror at myself and I just couldn't believe how beautiful I looked. It made me feel like I was about to cross over the threshhold into womanhood and become the person I want to be.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#62 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 11:00 PM
Round 3 And Round 4 Questions
Quote: Originally posted by Deatherella
Lalena, are we supposed to write anything for our rounds 3 and 4? I have my pics pretty much ready to upload and am wondering if you just needed the photos or the photos with writing.

Sorry about that! Yes two brief things.

For Round 3:

1. What did you think about the color you were assigned? Did you find it easy for you to illustrate it's meaning?

2. What's your favorite color and why?

For Round 4:
1. How do you feel about revealing yourself to the world free of makeup?
2. How would describe the look you feel most comforable in?

Field Researcher
#63 Old 10th Nov 2009 at 2:52 AM
Wow Deatharella! you really stepped it up this round! Beautiful job and I'm really happy for your improvement. I can't wait to read your text.
Scholar
#64 Old 11th Nov 2009 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SolidGoldFunk84
Wow Deatharella! you really stepped it up this round! Beautiful job and I'm really happy for your improvement. I can't wait to read your text.

Thank you, very much.

My text is done and now, I guess, it's time to wait and see . . .

Field Researcher
#65 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 3:32 PM
Is this contest over with lalena?
Scholar
#66 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 5:33 PM
Today is the last day, but I don't know her timezone offhand to know what hour she's calling it done.

Scholar
#67 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 11:15 PM
Default Round Two: TRIriana: Clara Bell
Reflections of Me

My "dream" probably seems more than a little confusing, right? A couple of years ago I thought that I knew it ALL. I know I must have driven my dad up the wall and back down again. But, at some point in my earlier teen years I thought that my aspiring dream was to be a "tough punk kid". Lame and stupid, huh? I thought that if I could rough it and act tough, then I'd be considered "all that"... whatever that actually means.

I'm so glad my life didn't turn out THAT way! For one thing, I don't think purple is really my colour.
Scholar
#68 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 11:16 PM Last edited by TRIriana : 12th Nov 2009 at 11:26 PM.
Default Round Three: TRIriana: Clara Bell
Color Me!

This photo shoot was a BLAST! Personally, to me, blue is the colour of cool - and I don't just mean temperature-wise. Blue is a fun colour to me, wild and different. Plus, I got to dye my hair blue. How COOL is that?!
Scholar
#69 Old 12th Nov 2009 at 11:18 PM Last edited by TRIriana : 12th Nov 2009 at 11:29 PM.
Default Round Four: TRIriana: Clara Bell
The Bedroom Look

Lookin' Chic

In the morning my hair, at least to me, always looks so damn fluffy! Still, I think I sport the fresh-faced look pretty well, don'cha think? I feel the most comfortable when I'm in my bedroom, just mucking around doing fun stuff in my pajamas. It makes me feel like a little kid again!

On the flip side, I also love being able to "beauty" myself up. I prefer the "less is more" aspect of make-up - I never really liked the "panda eyes" look all that much. Personally, I think this looks much classier.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#70 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 2:30 AM
Sorry guys! I was at work late today!

I will allow till Midnight for entries. 12am CST!!!

Judges, I will send you judging criteria tomorrow morning!

Scholar
#71 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 3:58 PM
Good luck, TRIriana! Looks like it's just me and you.

Scholar
#72 Old 13th Nov 2009 at 7:13 PM
LoL, yes! .
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#73 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 2:02 AM
Thank you all for participating! The judges now have their scorecards. We should know the results tomorrow!! :-)

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#74 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 4:30 AM
Judges will get in their results ASAP! Keep an eye out for the results soon!

Scholar
#75 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 7:28 PM
Got my fingers crossed, hoping for a tie with TRIriana.

Page 3 of 4