Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 3:39 AM
Default Outdated CC?
I was wondering if we're aware of any items that are out of date since any recent updates. Not mods, mind you, just decor, skins, eyes, hair, clothing etc that might be causing conflict with my game. I've been experiencing issues since the update just before Parenthood came out and I removed all of my mods, leaving only my CC but am still experiencing issues. Sims needing to be reset every few game minutes, not completing tasks, the game freezing when clicking on gallery items, etc. Any idea what could be causing this outside of known mod issues? Also, separate issue I've been having for quite some time, but would love input on- when I download something from the gallery, then go to view it after downloading it, only one of say five pictures is visible. The rest are blank. For instance, if it's a lot I downloaded with five preview pictures, I can only view two of them after downloading and the rest are blank. If I click on one of the blank pictures it gives me an error message about something something not able to be found and closes the window to the main gallery page. It's very frustrating when trying to decide what lot to place because I often forget what the interior looks like and can't see it anymore after downloading.
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 8:58 AM
You can answer that easily by removing all the CC temporarily and trying it out. But first save your existing game to a savefile named Test. Only open that game while you have your CC removed, otherwise all the houses and sims in your proper game will set back to having default EA stuff and you will have tons of work to do when you put it back.

The reason I say to do it on a copy of your game rather than simply starting a new one to test with is too much might be different with a new game so it won't be a fair comparison.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#3 Old 6th Jun 2017 at 7:39 PM
What you really need is sims4 studio. Even if you are not a creator (like me), you can do batch fixes on cc, cull content, change prices, remove swatches.... This will update gender flags, counters, toddler stuff, etc.

You have to join to download, but the program really is a lifesaver. It isn't a perfect fix, but it will save a lot of time.

Peacemaker is realllllllly good about updating his CC. I honestly don't know of many who are as diligent as he is, but maybe S4Studio will help.
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 4:39 AM
My mods made my game crash and whenever i click on a house and press 'play' it will bring me back to the map. What i did was to install 'The Sims 4 Tray importer' and it helped me find conflicts and i managed to delete them