Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 2:34 PM
Default What book are you reading right now?
Currently, I am reading Looking for Alaska, by John Green.

I borrowed it from my sister after finishing another book by John Green, An Abundance of Katherines.

I usually read it before I sleep, and when I'm waiting for TS2 to load up. I haven't gotten into a book in a while before An Abundance of Katherines, it's nice to be reading a book again.

What are you reading? :D

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 3:40 PM
Currently I'm reading The Secret Life Of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd. I heard about it some while ago and always wanted to read it. Now, that it comes to the movies, I thought better read it before you see it on screen.
Don't you love it too, when you read a book and create everything in your mind and then you see it as a movie and it's totally different as you imagined?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 3:41 PM
That was my experience with Harry Potter when I was 10 or so. :D

28/11/07
Inventor
#4 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 3:57 PM
I'm currently reading Broken Skin by Stuart MacBride. Only read a couple of chapters so far, but I've read another of his (Flesh House) and really enjoyed it - they are crime mystery set in Aberdeen and, in my opinion, very well written. I have a huge stack of books waiting to be read at the moment, but they're waiting 'til next week when I have to go back into hospital for a bit. All the same genre though.

Onah - I really struggle watching a film or television series based on books I've read. The discrepancies and inaccuracies drive me insane, and I in turn drive everyone around me insane by pointing them out

Please call me Laura
"The gene pool needs more chlorine."
My Site
Instructor
#5 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 4:08 PM
I'm reading Da Vinci's Code and a few more books I haven't finished reading during summer...
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 7:56 PM
I'm reading I, Lucifer, by Glen Duncan. It's a hilarious book about the devil being offered one month of a virtuous life in a human body in order to get back into heaven. I've been reading it for a long time now- unfortunately, with the amount of coursework I have, I don't have nearly as much time to read as I would like.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
#7 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 7:58 PM
I'm reading The Catcher and the Rye.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 8:05 PM
I'm reading Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell. And I've also got a few Harry Potter books on the go (for about the millionth time :P).

Call me Kay please :)
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#9 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 8:07 PM
Zak - Hated that one. *s* Though I think I might have been too old when reading it.

Personally, I'm reading 'Dangerous Liaisons' by Choderlos de Laclos. Always loved the movie, and so figured it was time to read the book.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 8:33 PM
I just finished "Girls of Riyadh" last weekend, now I'm finishing up "Saddam: The Secret Life" - after this I'm moving to read a Patterson book.
#11 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 9:50 PM
Right now I'm reading The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.. After that, I will probably read The Grass is Singing by Doris Lessing
Mad Poster
#12 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by longears15
I really struggle watching a film or television series based on books I've read. The discrepancies and inaccuracies drive me insane, and I in turn drive everyone around me insane by pointing them out

Argh I do that too! I try to love the films but often the book is so much better that I want the film to be just like the book. Devil Wears Prada, PS I Love You, Harry Potter, all prime examples where the film did the book no justice whatsoever.

Currently reading HP Half Blood Prince, not that I haven't read it many times before, but wanted to refresh my memory before the film comes out which isn't until next summer now (boo).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 8:10 AM
Aaagh!

Looking for Alaska gets really sad about halfway through. I read that part around 1am last night, and kept reading until nearly 2 because I needed to know what happened. I was in tears when I put it down. It's an amazing book, but it's so saaaaad.

28/11/07
#14 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 8:38 AM
Strangers In Death by JD Robb

I've been reading a lot about Looking For Alaska, I'll have to check that one out next.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 8:45 AM
Educational physcology for uni urggghhhhhhhhhhh.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 9:31 AM
I just finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and I'm on The Vampire Armand by Ann Rice.
Next maybe some Douglass Addams...

**No Requests**
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 5:51 PM
Finished Looking for Alaska tonight. Now I'm not reading anything. :P

28/11/07
Scholar
#18 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 5:58 PM
I just finished reading "In Search of Fatima" and I'm a few pages in "Palestine, A Personal History"
Theorist
#19 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 8:26 PM
I'm currently re-reading David Copperfield by Charles Dickens. Yeah, I'm a nerd.
#20 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 8:32 PM
I'm trying to find the discworld series, but my library is useless.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 9:32 PM
The Da Vinci Code. Again.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 12:31 AM
Im reading something borrowed, by Emily Griffin.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 12:34 AM
I just finished I Rode a Horse of Milk White Jade and started one called The Silver Donkey
#24 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 1:17 AM
I just finished The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan, the fourth book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. Now, I'm readin' The Thief Lord by.. Cornelia Funke? I'm not sure.
#25 Old 14th Sep 2008 at 1:20 AM
I'm reading When Nietzsche Wept by Irvin D. Yalom. Great book, by the way.
Page 1 of 41