Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#16726 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 12:39 AM
Question: There's a glitch involving custom CAS screens and Seasons that results in the CAS sims getting frozen and falling over. (The solution is to make it in an AGS without Seasons.) Does anyone have a screenshot of this?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Scholar
#16727 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
I see it reasonably often for child sims and use it as an indicator that Family may be a good primary/secondary aspiration for them when they become teens. I choose their aspirations based on wants/fears/autonomous actions when they're toddlers/children - and a bit of story telling on my part! Pretty much every child who has this want ends up with Family as their primary or secondary aspiration as it isn't a super-common want (in my game, at least) so I regard it as a significant one.

Thanks for the reply(s). :D

Her Zodiac Sign and my game rules (thanks to Pleasant Sims for the idea!) point her to be a Knowledge or Family sim when she's older so I might give her both (one as a secondary).

Glad to know it's normal - I want to see it more often!! This is the first time I have EVER seen this Want in my game.
Forum Resident
#16728 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 5:01 PM
Can sims roll a want to drop out of college? I have some sims who are less than concerned about their education and I was pretty tempted to have them drop out even earlier, but thought I should wait for the want. But now I'm having doubts about a want for it even existing, so does anyone know if there is a "drop out" want and if there is how to trigger it?
Scholar
#16729 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
is there any out-of-game way to find out a character's NID?
I recall some hack/hacks and/or the testingcheatsenabled cheat being able to tell in-game.

The Neighbour ID is always the same as the instance value of their Sim Description (SDSC) in the neighbourhood file. It is actually held elsewhere (at bytes 0x01da, 0x01db) in the Sim Description but SimPe's extended browser always shows a value of 0 so it's not right, the only way to confirm/change it is with a hex editor.
Alchemist
#16730 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 7:50 PM
So Lilith just came home from work with groceries and restocked the fridge--it was about 140/200 and she filled it. Now, I checked my download folder four times and I'm quite positive that I don't have dizzy's work-delivery mod installed. I took it out months ago because I found that sims often picked up groceries when they didn't really need to/need money for something else, etc. So I'd really like to quell this behavior.

Is there any other mod that does this? (She was on an apartment lot, if that matters. I even checked the packaged lot file I have saved of the apartment, to check if the mod is attached to the lot somehow, and it's not listed in there. I'm a bit lost on how to proceed. )

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#16731 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 8:19 PM
Did she have groceries in her inventory already, perhaps from playing an owned grocery lot? I've noticed Sims will try to put them away whenever they get out of a car.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#16732 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 8:54 PM
I don't think so; she definitely didn't go to an owned grocery lot and I don't recall her picking up groceries when she went downtown either. Although I suppose it's possible she did and I just forgot--it would've been a while ago though because she had just moved into the apartment a few days ago and I had to have her order groceries over the phone for the new place.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Mad Poster
#16733 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Have you run Hood Checker?
Have you run a copy of this family with no mods or CC?

-----
..run Hood Checker; yes.
..run a copy: no

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#16734 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
I had that happen once, months ago. Irrc it was in one of the houses that came with the IKEA stuffpack, it had the cheapest large IKEA table and a dishwasher. And once I replaced those two it worked again.

=
I've had similar problems:
one Sim can't clean up dishes, but others CAN, or
homework, when moved onto a desk (Maxis & CC) can't be clicked on.
???

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#16735 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 10:52 PM
I'm trying really hard to stop autonomous romance, I even have Squinge's "noautonomousromancecollection" but it's missing a few romance interactions like Kiss Hand, Suck Face etc. I don't know how to stop them myself. So, I'm wondering, does ACR stop MAXIS autonomous romance interactions or does it still allow them? If I set the autonomy OFF and set it static for everyone in the hood, will there be no autonomous romance behavior or am I completely wrong?

I know ACR is AUTONOMOUS CASUAL ROMANCE but will the settings (if set up correctly) stop the MAXIS romance interactions?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16736 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 11:02 PM
The can't clean up dishes is a well-known bug, I get it from time to time, normally just one sim on the lot gets it.
The homework issue sounds like something else.

Fyren5 I don't use ACR but I believe you can friend zone everybody.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#16737 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 11:06 PM
That would take me forever, I have over 50 (maybe more, maybe less) families in my Uberhood.. LOL. :P
Worth a shot though!!
Mad Poster
#16738 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 11:08 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Squinge has something for that. (Though I also wouldn't be surprised if there's mod conflicts, either.)

Scholar
#16739 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 11:12 PM
They have the "No Autonomous Romance Collection" but they are missing these interactions "Kiss Hand, Suck Face, Dance Kiss" & "Slow Dance" - I'm worried if my uncontrollable Sims randomly kiss peoples hands and fall in love willy-nilly whilst my controllable Sim is on a Community lot or throwing a party, LOL.
Mad Poster
#16740 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 11:14 PM
Another alternative is to look into simler90's Romantic Standards to see if it does what you want. Admittedly, I had a hell of a time trying to understand the description.

Scholar
#16741 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 11:26 PM
Oh my, I don't think I have enough brain cells to even read any of it let alone understand it!! LOL.

I'll fiddle with ACR and see what I can do with that, might have to do what joandsarah said and friend zone everyone. :P
Lab Assistant
#16742 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
They have the "No Autonomous Romance Collection" but they are missing these interactions "Kiss Hand, Suck Face, Dance Kiss" & "Slow Dance" - I'm worried if my uncontrollable Sims randomly kiss peoples hands and fall in love willy-nilly whilst my controllable Sim is on a Community lot or throwing a party, LOL.

Dance kiss & suck face have been done. For those wanting to make more, all it takes is adding a node at the beginning of the social's guardian BHAV checking if param 0 == 1: if false, continue through the rest of the BHAV, if true, return false. I believe that's what Squinge did for his mod, you can open up one of his "no autonomous" packages to double check/see an example of what I mean.

EDIT: Actually, I think Squinge checked if param 0 == 0 and had the true target as the next node in the BHAV, the false target as "return false". Functionally, this should be the same as what I said, since param 0 should be either 0 (user-directed) or 1 (autonomous).

(I did get sent this as a request so I'll do it myself once I've finished up other requests if no one else has gotten to it by then, but since I'm trying to stick with my policy of finishing up old requests from before the holiday before I start new ones it might be a while.)

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Scholar
#16743 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Radium
Dance kiss & suck face have been done. For those wanting to make more, all it takes is adding a node at the beginning of the social's guardian BHAV checking if param 0 == 1: if false, continue through the rest of the BHAV, if true, return false. I believe that's what Squinge did for his mod, you can open up one of his "no autonomous" packages to double check/see an example of what I mean.

EDIT: Actually, I think Squinge checked if param 0 == 0 and had the true target as the next node in the BHAV, the false target as "return false". Functionally, this should be the same as what I said, since param 0 should be either 0 (user-directed) or 1 (autonomous).

I would do it myself but I don't know what any of that means.... I can only use SimPE to change my household names and that's it...
I'll grab the other two, so that leaves Slow Dance & Kiss Hand that I need to get rid of! Yay.

Thanks!! I couldn't find those ones before.
Alchemist
#16744 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 12:44 AM
@Fyren5, no, ACR will control only ACR interactions, under "causal." Sims can still, and do, perform Maxis romance interactions. If there is no mod that does what you want, the only way to completely prevent that is to turn free will off.

I would look into adding the missing interactions in Squinge's mod.

Scholar
#16745 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 12:51 AM
If I turn free will off, I'm fairly certain my Sims would die. :P

I don't know how to use SimPE for anything else other than changing household names, sooo I'm completely confused on everything.

I opened Squinge's No Autonomous Romance Collection mod, it looks like this:

Missing the Dance Kiss, Suck Kiss which I just downloaded thanks to Radium. It's just missing the Kiss Hand, Classic Dance & Slow Dance interactions.. How do I add those to the Mod? What exactly do I have to do???
Lab Assistant
#16746 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 1:58 AM
I tried to explain in a way that'd be easy to follow (since you said you're inexperienced) but also be informative so it got a little wordy, but hopefully it'll make enough sense.

If you get stuck feel free to ask me for help.

AKA Midge the Tree
Scholar
#16747 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 2:15 AM
Okay so I've created a new package with the 3 interactions I'm going to make non-autonomous.. I hope that's right? Anyway, how does this part look? Did I do it right?

Lab Assistant
#16748 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 2:24 AM
Yep, that looks right to me! A little weird that SimPE isn't recognizing global 0x0440 but that seems like a SimPE issue, the game should still be able to run the BHAV just fine.

AKA Midge the Tree
Scholar
#16749 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 2:27 AM
I will run my game and play as normal and see if anyone does any autonomous romance stuff to confirm if it works. Thank you so much for the help and being patient with me, and also for being very clear in instructions! :D
Lab Assistant
#16750 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 2:34 AM
No problem! I'm glad you found my instructions clear. Happy simming!

AKA Midge the Tree
Page 670 of 1339