Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 7:04 PM
Default Time Doesn't Progress, Retail vs Wholesale, Have Manager but Can't Check In
I forgot a couple of questions.....
  1. When my sims goes to the pets store (leaving the family at home), then returns home at the end of the day, no time has passed!!! I mean, he spent all day at the the store, so shouldn't it also be evening on the home lot??
  2. When you first select items to sell in the store, are you supposed to use the retail tool or wholesale tool??? It doesn't seem like I'm making a lot of money, but my store is always busy!! When is each appropriate?
  3. Also, I appointed a manager, and told him to 'Mind the Store,' the store is never open, unless my sim is there!!! If I call to check in with the business from home, I get a message saying that my business does not have a manager, and asking who am I trying to call again!! HELP!!!
Thanks Very Much!!!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 31st Mar 2007 at 7:58 PM
When my sims goes to the pets store (leaving the family at home), then returns home at the end of the day, no time has passed!!! I mean, he spent all day at the the store, so shouldn't it also be evening on the home lot??
It's always that way when you go to a community lot: time hasn't passed on your home lot. Think about it that way: if Mrs Doe goes to a community lot to meet a friend and comes back in the evening... what will the members of her family have done in the meantime?

When you first select items to sell in the store, are you supposed to use the retail tool or wholesale tool??? It doesn't seem like I'm making a lot of money, but my store is always busy!! When is each appropriate?
Retail: Click on your objects for sale with that tool, they'll become yellow in buy mode and your customers will try to buy them.
Wholesale: Choose this mode to buy objects at a cheaper price, they'll also automatically be marked as "for sale".

Also, I appointed a manager, and told him to 'Mind the Store,' the store is never open, unless my sim is there!!! If I call to check in with the business from home, I get a message saying that my business does not have a manager, and asking who am I trying to call again!! HELP!!!
Get this fix:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...gmanagerfix.zip

Manual:
Quote:
Missing Manager Fix "Dude! Where's My Manager?" for TS2OFB
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado & Doctor Boris)

Special Thanks To:
Hobbsee the Scrawny Pencil Neck
Fat, Hairy-Bellied Ness
BlueSoup, Fat Head

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1

FEATURES:
Adds extra code designed to locate your missing manager should the default
routines, for some reason, fail to find the manager you know exists, preventing
the "who are you trying to call" message when you do, in fact, have one.

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS hacks. Tested for TS2OFBp2.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.