Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 4:09 AM
Default Mods Wont Show Up In Game
so ive read a few posts about how to fix the issue of mods not showing up in the game and tbh, it makes no sense to me. i have script mods allowed, i even deleted everything in my mods folder thinking that was the problem but it hasnt helped, if someone could help me fix this i would really appreciate it...i love using cc and not being able to get cc makes the game so boring for me.....plz help!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 4:25 AM
Make sure you have a resource.cfg file placed in your Mods folder.
If you created subfolders you will need an updated Resource.cfg File that includes subfolder support.

Make sure the files you downloaded are meant for TS4, since some sites tend to blend the two together.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 4:32 AM
i didnt create a subfolder, idk what that is o.o and i do have a resource.cfg thing in my mods folder. i just dont know what to do..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 4:33 AM
also, TSR and MTS are the only sites i use for cc, i only download clothes, hair, makeup, shoes, create a sim stuff.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by river.rose
i didnt create a subfolder, idk what that is o.o and i do have a resource.cfg thing in my mods folder. i just dont know what to do..

A subfolder is a folder within a folder (you can create loads of subfolders and have subfolders within the subfolder). You possibly have seen them elsewhere but not everyone pokes about in their folders so maybe you haven't?

For example in your mod folder you might create another folder for say, 'Female Clothes' and another for 'Male Clothes'. Those are the subfolders. Within those you may create yet more folders for say, 'Tops', 'Bottoms', 'Shoes', etc. You can only have so many subfolders within subfolders - that may be the reason for the question?

-- The Roc
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 10:28 AM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 22nd Oct 2015 at 10:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by river.rose
...i even deleted everything in my mods folder thinking that was the problem but it hasnt helped...
So, as others pointed out, you'll need a resource.cfg file in the mods folder for downloads to show. Since you deleted everything, you probably deleted it, but don't worry, there's an easy way to get it back.

Remove the Mods Folder and run the game. It will automatically create another Mods folder with a resource.cfg file in it. Then add your mods back into the folder and they should show up in the game, although I'm not sure why your mods weren't showing up in the first place.
Smeg Head
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AncientRome
Make sure you have a resource.cfg file placed in your Mods folder.
If you created subfolders you will need an updated Resource.cfg File that includes subfolder support.

Make sure the files you downloaded are meant for TS4, since some sites tend to blend the two together.

Just wanted to confirm, wasn't it mentioned in the last Maxis patch notes that they have adjusted the resource.cfg to actually now accept subfolders. It even mention how many embedded levels you can go to, five I think, but that amount would need verifying. But Maxis did change it themselves, so it would be best to confirm that before advising others to do something that doesn't now need doing.

Unless, of course, they want to go twenty embedded levels deep or something. Jeez, who's got that many mods?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 2:29 PM
so....what am i supposed to do to fix this issue.....
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 2:30 PM
i have a resource file in my mods folder
Smeg Head
#10 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 2:51 PM
So, you have a Mods folder? In that Mods folder, you have a resource.cfg file? Then just place all CC package files into Mods folder and they should be available in game. (If you are absolutely certain they are TS4 CC and not TS3 CC. We've all made that mistake from time to time.) When in game, there is a Script Mods activation in Options, a box that has to be ticked to allow Script Mods. I know you are saying you only have package files, but I don't think it would hurt any to activate the Script Mods check box just to see if it helps.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2015 at 3:49 PM
im not sure what i did but so far they seem to be showing up in my game, thanks everyone!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Just wanted to confirm, wasn't it mentioned in the last Maxis patch notes that they have adjusted the resource.cfg to actually now accept subfolders. It even mention how many embedded levels you can go to, five I think, but that amount would need verifying. But Maxis did change it themselves, so it would be best to confirm that before advising others to do something that doesn't now need doing.

Unless, of course, they want to go twenty embedded levels deep or something. Jeez, who's got that many mods?

It's possibly outdated, but a couple weeks ago a bunch of mods weren't showing up in game and I had to get the resource file from the link I posted before.