Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 12:45 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Help - Families have vanished completely from neighbourhood.
Hi,

I appear to have lost a couple of families - as in, the game appears to have deleted them. I had the Burb and Larson families in an apartment (Dynamite Duplex, I believe it's called) and decided to move the apartment lot to the opposite side of the road. I picked it up, and when I placed it down again, the families had gone.

The sims are still showing up in SimPE - though they seem to be missing relationship data. Is there a way to get them back? Am I better just going back to a painfully old back-up and rebuilding what I've lost.

(I've not actually played any families in this uberhood yet, I'm just rebuilding Pleasantview at the moment, so I'll have lost some things if I go back to the back up. I'd rather not do this if it can be avoided, but if it can't, it'll teach me to remember to back up more frequently.)

Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 1:10 PM
Disappearing sims is a symptom of hood corruption. Moving a lot from one spot to another should do nothing to the sims.
Have you run Hood Checker?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 1:50 PM
That's what I'm concerned about.

All Hood checker is showing is six 'invalid relationships with self' issues, and the warnings for no character files that correspond to the multi-PT mods.
Scholar
#4 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 3:36 PM
How many PTs do you have? Count them, and if there’s more than the 4 or whatever you have, there’s an issue.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 4:04 PM
Nope, there's the right number there.

I think I'm going to go back to my back up to be on the safe side. Oh well.
Scholar
#6 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 4:14 PM
Run Hoodchecker on the backup before you start using it to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 5:35 PM
If SimPE is still showing them then go to another lot an use a teleporter and bring them there, move them in then move them out to the bin.

Being that this is a apartment lot it may be tied to the spot where the apartment was for the hidden apartments rather than the lot itself. (Just a guess on my part.)

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 3:51 PM
@marka93 - That worked! :D

When I think about it, that sounds like it could be right? When I looked at them on SimPE, the id of the lot the were on didn't match the lot id of the apartment - but it looks like they're back now.