Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 2:48 AM
Default WCIF Retail-Specific Clothes Mod?
Okay, so you know how with restaurants, you can select what food you have on the menu? I want to have a bridal shop in my town, but I feel it wouldn't feel "authentic" if it sold every type of clothing, instead of just formal wear. Is there a mod that allows you to do this?

"'Why is Shinji blushing over everything Kaworu does,' you ask? He's gay..... gay gay gay gay gay" -Actual Kaworu
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 4:52 PM
Not that I know - but you could choose formal only when shopping.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Not that I know - but you could choose formal only when shopping.

Thanks, but that still is a lot of irrelevant CC to sort through.

"'Why is Shinji blushing over everything Kaworu does,' you ask? He's gay..... gay gay gay gay gay" -Actual Kaworu
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 6:15 AM
This'd be a lot of work, but have you tried a shop that sells only clothes made with the sewing machine? You should be able to limit the selection that way, by having shelves of clothing piles instead of clothes racks.

I've never tried to sell homemade clothing so I could be completely off the mark here.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 8:01 AM
The one problem with the sewing machine thing is that the clothes bundles are near-impossible to tell what they are. Unless there's a 'try on' option I've never seen.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 2:30 PM
You name the piles, right? If these can be read while shopping, that might help. It does sound kind of cumbersome, though.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 4:06 PM
Just throwing out some ideas, but you could possibly use the costume trunk from here: https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=490219 or a similar mod, but you'd have to do a lot of editing. It's probably possible to add a "wedding" category to it, but I assume you'd have to add all the outfits to it yourself. Maybe ask Phae/Echo if they could add a wedding category? Alternatively making a clone for weddings only, with a different mesh such as a mirror or a wedding clothing hanger of some sort? Or just a recolor of the original chest.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 7:19 PM
Thank you all for the help! I'm going to try these ideas, and see if can make the costume trunk work