Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 5:09 PM
Default Importing Created Sims in Game
I used a program called Sims Creator to upload faces on my sims and paint over their clothes and hair, so I can feel like I have more variety than the templates offered.

http://i39.tinypic.com/ve2kyb.jpg

This is a picture of the program I am using.

I make the sim I like and load up the game to play, only to find my new heads and bodies I made were not added. So I am guessing they do no show up automatically or I must have done something wrong. Help please.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 8:42 PM
Yep, that program is an official tool. The sims should be imported to your game automatically, as I have donde the same as you and have made it work. How did you get that program? My only guess is that, if you downloaded it, it may not be compatible with your game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 7:45 PM
I found a link to it on YouTube. I am not sure why it would be incompatible. I am using the full collection.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 12:30 AM
As far as I know, The Sim Creator came with the Deluxe compilation, so I'm assuming you should have it to make it work as intended. However, there surely should be a way to use the program with your version of the game, as I can use it with all expansions. But I don't know a word of programming, so maybe another user can help you.

If you aren't able to use it, as the skins are merely bitmaps, you could make a copy of the head archives from the game (or wathever you want to edit), and make your changes with a photographic editor, like Paint. That methode is never-failing!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 12:43 PM
There are two versions I think. One came with the complete collection and other one with double deluxe. I think that you actually already have the program if you have the complete collection, but you just could not find it. The one you downloaded probably is incompatible since it's probably double deluxe version, or it somehow did not get connected to the original game's path where it should save the bodies and faces.

You should check for where you installed it first, then see if it's the right version, and finally search for it in your complete collection location.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 4:47 PM
For some reason, they just weren't saving to the skins folder. So I found the files myself and copied and pasted them there. Now it is working.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 6:42 PM
Great! Nice to see it working!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 10:07 PM
Thank you both for answering my question.