Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Feb 2024 at 3:45 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Pets, Seasons
Default sims 3 and CAW can't find the cc objects DDS texture maps
Hello! i am having trouble with sims 3 and CAW not finding my objects DDS texture because i am trying to do a bush and i normally know already how to make foliage but this i can't figure out... and some texture works perfectly fine and others don't work at all even though all of them are DDS files and have the same save settings. How do i fix this?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2024 at 2:03 AM
Does the object work ingame?
I can't see from the example why it would be related to CAW unless you haven't tested the CC ingame.

I would suggest making a post about the object itself in the Create forum, with the package attached or a link to the contents of the project

Scribe of tutorials. Oracle of questions at NRaas. Blog staller at thecardinalsims. Feel free to @ me for input on any TS3/TS4 modding questions.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2024 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lulu123
Hello! i am having trouble with sims 3 and CAW not finding my objects DDS texture because i am trying to do a bush and i normally know already how to make foliage but this i can't figure out... and some texture works perfectly fine and others don't work at all even though all of them are DDS files and have the same save settings. How do i fix this?

What size are the textures? A long time ago, I somehow saved a texture as an odd size (perhaps 1023 x 1025), and everything went sideways.

Another thing is adding textures in s3pe, and not adding them to the CASP, or in this case, OBJK TGIBlock.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Mar 2024 at 3:27 PM
hello! i fixed the problem! it was because i didn't have 1024x512 as texture size