Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 10:35 AM
Default Black screen in windowed mode
When I put any game in windowed mode it shows black screen, but the music goes on. I can close it only with task manager. If I go to nvidia settings, I switch the sims to internal card, then the game resets its' graphic settings to default so I can leave it as full screen. Then I can switch back to non-internal graphic card. I switch between cards, because it resets to the default graphic settings of the game. No matter if I switch it from internal to nvidia or the other way around. It was a help, when it stuck in black sreen. but a bit annoying that I can't listen to youtube while playing. Or is it possible to put custom music to cas and buy mode? And if I make a screenshot it is darker,because of the fullscreen.

I have Windows 10,that might be a problem. I still had win10 back then and this problem didn't occur. Maybe it is due to windows 10's so many updates, so with an update the windowed mode got glitchy.. I remember I could run sims 3 in July in windowed mode, now I can only in fullscreen. But how can I fix the game?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 12:26 PM Last edited by PapaEmy : 18th Dec 2017 at 1:08 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LiliLiliLili
When I put any game in windowed mode it shows black screen, but the music goes on. I can close it only with task manager. If I go to nvidia settings, I switch the sims to internal card, then the game resets its' graphic settings to default so I can leave it as full screen. Then I can switch back to non-internal graphic card. I switch between cards, because it resets to the default graphic settings of the game. No matter if I switch it from internal to nvidia or the other way around.

If your computer is a laptop with dual switchable graphics, although you can switch them manually via Nvidia settings, TS3 might not recognized it because its followed what was registered in Windows Registry, to make sure the dual switchable feature works for TS3, make sure both gpus are recognized in your Device Manager, if you have this correctly, by default even if you haven't edit the GraphicCards.sgr file and TS3 doesn't recognized the secondary gpu, by default TS3 already run it, this can be check in your DeviceConfig that it is your secondary gpu's device ID that's being reported at the last time TS3 being run. Which means the switchable feature is already working in the background, Nvidia Control Panel has already switched them from the primary to secondary when TS3 was started. But if your Win 10 doesn't recognized the primary gpu in Device Manager and using its standard graphic drivers, then the switchable feature may not work even if you switch them manually via Nvidia Setttings or Control Panel. Go here if you need step by step tutorial.

Edit: in TS3, whenever you want to check which gpu that actually being run by TS3 is by checking your DeviceConfig.log located in your TS3 Docs folder, check the (4 digits) device ID number reported in DeviceConfig and match it to the one in your Device Manager, this will tell you which one that was used by TS3, if it matched your secondary device ID, it means it switched automatically regardless of what you see when checking them on your Nvidia Control Panel, every thing related to TS3 is reported in your DeviceConfig, don't be confused on what you see in Nvidia Control Panel like when you're checking for other games other than TS3.

Quote: Originally posted by LiliLiliLili
It was a help, when it stuck in black sreen. but a bit annoying that I can't listen to youtube while playing. Or is it possible to put custom music to cas and buy mode? And if I make a screenshot it is darker,because of the fullscreen.

I have Windows 10,that might be a problem. I still had win10 back then and this problem didn't occur. Maybe it is due to windows 10's so many updates, so with an update the windowed mode got glitchy.. I remember I could run sims 3 in July in windowed mode, now I can only in fullscreen. But how can I fix the game?

As for this, I think this may caused by Win 10 Creator Update (built 16299) and the Game Mode is enabled, try disabling this feature if you have updated your Win10 to Creator update, to check your Win10 version just type dxdiag in your Cortana box, I personally prefer to stay on the 14393 version, because this one is retail version, the newer ones are still in beta phase if understand it correctly.