Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 4:46 PM Last edited by lilyjosephine : 20th Dec 2017 at 8:34 AM.
Default Functional Bridges?
I'm currently working on a roadless island world with a small bridge connecting two halves of the island, but from what I observed, not all of the bridges that are available in CAW seem to be functional as true bridges. For reference, I tried the plank bridge and it doesn't seem as though my sims can cross it by foot; rather, they choose to take a freakin' boat from one half of the island to the other!

Are there certain bridges in CAW that are functional and some that are just deco, or did I just place the bridge wrong? Help would be greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 5:59 PM
The boat thing is a bug or EA will probably say it's intentional, and you can probably mod your way out of it. I think the bridges in caw requires a road to be connected. I made a roadless world and I just made a lot and built the bridge. They will probably still only use it once in a blue moon though.

I was also quite generous with the unroutable paint.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
The boat thing is a bug or EA will probably say it's intentional, and you can probably mod your way out of it. I think the bridges in caw requires a road to be connected. I made a roadless world and I just made a lot and built the bridge. They will probably still only use it once in a blue moon though.

I was also quite generous with the unroutable paint.

Well that's rather annoying! I really wanted this world to be foot-traffic only, but I guess that can be fixed with Nraas mods to turn off vehicles. It's a shame though that anyone else who plays this world will have to download mods if they want their Sims to use the bridge instead of boats.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 12:23 AM Last edited by daisylee : 19th Dec 2017 at 12:35 AM.
There used to be a pedestrian bridge at Custom Sims but it was pretty short. I did a very narrow path between a mainland area and an island in one of my worlds with a sidewalk path down the middle. Maybe do a very slim connector? Or a serious of small islands with just enough of a connection to get from one to the next? I have done that also. It works especially well in tropical worlds with sand.

This is what I did in my Spider Islands world.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
There used to be a pedestrian bridge at Custom Sims but it was pretty short. I did a very narrow path between a mainland area and an island in one of my worlds with a sidewalk path down the middle. Maybe do a very slim connector? Or a serious of small islands with just enough of a connection to get from one to the next? I have done that also. It works especially well in tropical worlds with sand.

This is what I did in my Spider Islands world.

Thanks for that tip! I'll definitely try that, because turning off vehicles doesn't seem to work. This is very frustrating...
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 7:23 PM
Play with it a bit. I hope you find something that works. Maybe do a series of tiny islands and this if a longer span is needed? I have done islands and bridges lined up for large spans.