Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 2:51 PM Last edited by Orilon : 17th Aug 2017 at 8:34 PM. Reason: Solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Ultimate Collection crashing if try to increase resolution above 800x600
I accidentally deleted my old graphicrules.sgr and videocard.sgr last night.

I tried using the graphicrulesmaker to get the game to recognize my Radeon HD 6670 graphics card, and also get a resolution above 800x600. If I use the graphicrulesmaker the only resolution option is 800x600. If I try to edit the graphic rules.sgr myself to increase the resolution, the game crashes at start up. It will not load at all and I immediately get a message that the game crashed. If I repair Ultimate Collection through Origin, it loads, but only has the 800x600 resolution.

How do I get the increased resolution (1280x1024) without it crashing?
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 3:43 PM
When I did mine, I just used one of the ready made files from Leefish. Maybe have a look over there?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 7:59 PM
Have you tried this?
http://www.forestbalrog.com/game-stuck-in-800x600.html

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 8:33 PM
Thank you. Adding the info from Rosebine's link to one of the the graphicrules.sgr from Leefish finally worked, and the game will now run on the 1280x1024 resolution without crashing on startup.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Aug 2017 at 9:29 PM
Oh boy, am I glad. (the UI takes all the space in 800x600)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)