Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
2 people viewing

altanna, FranH

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

New Creator Theme: Elders! - posted on 1st Sep 2018 at 12:43 PM
Replies: 15558 (Who?), Viewed: 354964 times.
Page 623 of 623
Instructor
#15551 Old Yesterday at 4:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
This is a mix of what I discovered and a question. Last night I discovered that I can use sims manipulator to move strays in as pets. Yay! As an animal person, I was always upset by the little pixels wandering around.

Anyway, once I get the critters moved in, I don't know how to tell which sex they are. Is there somewhere to find this info?


Did you check in the Relationship panel @smorbie1? The little icon should be there on their portrait

what_makes_you_haha.mp3

Theorist
#15552 Old Yesterday at 8:03 PM
about enthusiasm gain; looking at the programing of objects that build it might be a help.
Undead Molten Llama
#15553 Old Yesterday at 9:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauratje86
How difficult is it to add skill and enthusiasm gain to a custom object? Are there tutorials around for this sort of thing?

I would love to add Creativity skill and Film & Literature enthusiasm gain to Limonaire's TS4 Buildems Blocks but I have no idea how to go about it or if it's something that I wouldn't stand a chance of being able to do.....


Crisps & Kerosene posted a hobby enthusiasm tute here: http://crispsandkerosene.tumblr.com...bbys-enthusiasm. As for its difficulty....It's BHAV editing, so how hard it is will likely depend on your level of familiarity with that and/or whether or not you're willing to become familiar with it. My own level of BHAV-editing familiarity is currently zilch, but I have the tute bookmarked for some day when I finally get off my butt (or get ON my butt, as the case may be ) and sit down with Echo's tutorials...

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Test Subject
#15554 Old Today at 10:01 AM
I made topic of this some months back, but i had it happen again, so i figured out i'll write it here because tbh, i'm interested.

For some reason, my sims' gravestones keep duplicating. I have this system in my neighborhood where i put all the gravestones into the inventory of the owner of the town graveyard (summoning him to a lot, making him selectable, putting the gravestones into his inventory and then making him unselectable and poofing him out with Sim blender) so he could place them into the graveyard when he visits it. Everything to this point happens normally. But when i arrive into the graveyard, there are some duplicated gravestones next to the community phone. I have absolutely no idea what causes this. I hope it doesn't cause any corruption (I haven't played the community lot much so i haven't seen the ghosts yet). The duplicates are exactly the same as the original stones so it's not just blank stones. I wonder if the Hood checker causes this, as it sometimes asks what is the graveyard in the hood. I just think it's little annoying since my graveyard keeps filling up with these unnecessary duplicates i'm scared to delete even when i have the fixes that could allow me to do it w/o corruption.
Test Subject
#15555 Old Today at 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Where can I find a love letter fix?

Here is an alternative alfixes which allows love letters :
https://slig.dreamwidth.org/33808.html
Alchemist
#15556 Old Today at 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepowo
Here is an alternative alfixes which allows love letters :
https://slig.dreamwidth.org/33808.html

Thank you

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
The Great AntiJen
staff: moderator
#15557 Old Today at 12:36 PM Last edited by maxon : Today at 4:15 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewrittenletter
For some reason, my sims' gravestones keep duplicating. I have this system in my neighborhood where i put all the gravestones into the inventory of the owner of the town graveyard (summoning him to a lot, making him selectable, putting the gravestones into his inventory and then making him unselectable and poofing him out with Sim blender) so he could place them into the graveyard when he visits it. Everything to this point happens normally. But when i arrive into the graveyard, there are some duplicated gravestones next to the community phone. I have absolutely no idea what causes this. I hope it doesn't cause any corruption (I haven't played the community lot much so i haven't seen the ghosts yet). The duplicates are exactly the same as the original stones so it's not just blank stones. I wonder if the Hood checker causes this, as it sometimes asks what is the graveyard in the hood. I just think it's little annoying since my graveyard keeps filling up with these unnecessary duplicates i'm scared to delete even when i have the fixes that could allow me to do it w/o corruption.

I would guess that's it - when you run the Hoodchecker and it asks that question, it sounds like it might run the code for graves that are 'in transit' and making sure they are getting deposited at the right lot. If you want to avoid this issue, I would visit your cemetery keeper before you intend to run the HDCU and make sure there are no graves in his inventory because it seems the Hood Checker is reading those as 'in transit' ('in transit' occurs when you click on a grave on the home lot and send it via the game system to your cemetery lot - doing this is known to have the occasional issue of losing the grave in the ether and I can see why that functionality might have been included in the Hood Checker). Two graves of the same sim are not a problem, as a gravestone is just a static sim really - just like two instances of the same sim on a lot are not usually a problem, just a glitch on the part of the game. What is a problem (though not always) is the absence of the gravestone - if you're missing one, that's when you should get worried.

tflc is my tumblr with uploads not uploaded here: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/tflc

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Test Subject
#15558 Old Today at 2:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxon
I would guess that's it - when you run the Hoodchecker and it asks that questions, it sounds like it might run the code for graves that are 'in transit' and making sure they are getting deposited at the right lot. If you want to avoid this issue, I would visit your cemetery keeper before you intend to run the HDCU and make sure there are no graves in his inventory because it seems the Hood Checker is reading those as 'in transit' ('in transit' occurs when you click on a grave on the home lot and send it via the game system to your cemetery lot - doing this is known to have the occasional issue of losing the grave in the ether and I can see why that functionality might have been included in the Hood Checker). Two graves of the same sim are not a problem, as a gravestone is just a static sim really - just like two instances of the same sim on a lot are not usually a problem, just a glitch on the part of the game. What is a problem (though not always) is the absence of the gravestone - if you're missing one, that's when you should get worried.


Thank you! I will do that from now on ;v;
Mad Poster
#15559 Old Today at 3:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primavera
Did you check in the Relationship panel @smorbie1? The little icon should be there on their portrait


Thank you! I would never have thought of doing that.

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Page 623 of 623
Back to top