Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Nov 2023 at 10:59 PM
Default IP port question, sure the answer is out there somewhere
ok, theres tons of tutorials out there for making a port, community lot, drop down marking port, etc...

but....

those instructions do not, that i could see anyways, specify if you can do more then 1 "access" to create a sort of marina type look, multiple houseboats all moored on 1 lot, so before i go decorating a 64x64 lot thinking im gonna have a mini marina, i was wondering if that would work?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Nov 2023 at 12:34 AM Last edited by daisylee : 5th Nov 2023 at 12:52 AM.
I did a fake Marina in a world I am working on just for the look of it. I coded as a residence so could place boats that overwatch would not wipe. I pretend a manager lives on the premises. Let me see if can find a photo?

I found an earlier photo when was building it.

I think for a look of houseboats you would build as they are done in Oasis? Or it could be done on a lot like this, again faked for the look of it. Maybe even put some 64x64 lots side by side? This world has many houseboats in it but each has own lot. I do not know about putting more than one on a large lot? I do not think we can do but someone else can advise regarding that. I think I tried and when could not do went with this. I think I tried in another world I am working on before working on this world.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Nov 2023 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I did a fake Marina in a world I am working on just for the look of it. I coded as a residence so could place boats that overwatch would not wipe. I pretend a manager lives on the premises. Let me see if can find a photo?

I found an earlier photo when was building it.

I think for a look of houseboats you would build as they are done in Oasis? Or it could be done on a lot like this, again faked for the look of it. Maybe even put some 64x64 lots side by side? This world has many houseboats in it but each has own lot. I do not know about putting more than one on a large lot? I do not think we can do but someone else can advise regarding that. I think I tried and when could not do went with this. I think I tried in another world I am working on before working on this world.

that looks very nice, even still being worked on, but yeah, multiple houseboats on a lot was what i was after, but your pic gives me some ideas for added flavor lots, thank you for sharing that
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 5th Nov 2023 at 3:54 PM
No, you can't have multiple houseboats on one port lot. The only way is to use the useable boats like Daisylee and/or build fixed structures that look like a houesboat on the port lot. Just make sure there is enough room for the one houseboat lot.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Dec 2023 at 1:08 AM
If TS3 allowed to build on the edge of last remaining title sides of the lot, it could be kinda look cool to build a thibg that spans adjastent lots.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 30th Dec 2023 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
If TS3 allowed to build on the edge of last remaining title sides of the lot, it could be kinda look cool to build a thibg that spans adjastent lots.

In game, testing cheats, move objects allows this, as long as some part of the object footprint remains in the lot, but I do not do CAW, so do not know if that has a similar function?

Shiny, happy people make me puke!