Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 9:46 AM
having trouble installing mods that have scripting. cant tell if its scripted til its opened. so im afraid of putting anything unknown into the game.
also not sure which versions to download. really new to the modding thing. have outfits making my sims invisible as well. if someone could help me id really appreciate it. have a whole list of things ive downloaded but have spent over an hour driving myself nuts not putting them in the game.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 9:48 AM
and i even just came across a mod that said to unzip and most say not to.....and others dont tell me anything....grrrrrrr
Stupid people are stupid
#3 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 12:12 PM
Have you read through this and this? It will tell you exactly what to do.

As for the invisible sims, this will work. It seems like a lot of work, but it really isn't.
Scholar
#4 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 12:29 PM
I presume you obviously got several ts4script files there too, personality its better to find the sources where you got them from, and make sure they are designed for your patch level before adding them in your game, if you can't then get rid of them, You won't miss them if you don't know what they are, putting unknowns in your game is asking for trouble.

As for packages, which you obviously got most of, view each one in S4Studio and identify them before adding them in your game.
Stupid people are stupid
#5 Old 1st Jan 2018 at 1:02 PM
On which version to download, in your EA folder ( PC/Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 ) is a gameversion.txt. This will show which version of the game you have. Download only mods that are compatible with that game version.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 9:39 AM
thank you guys so much, i think im finally getting the hang of it. i think this one is my favorite. the mods make it so much more fun. thanks so much for taking the time to reply to me.