Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 4:17 AM
Accidentally deleted the baby (taken by child services)
So my sims' newborn baby was crying because of a dirty diaper while my sim was in the shower. Since my game's a bit laggy it's best to let the sims complete their actions rather than cancelling because if I cancel what they're currently doing they finish it anyways.

Anywho, I thought I would shift+click on the baby and make him happy. That option wasn't there, but I accidentally clicked on a blank option (it was just an empty bubble) and suddenly he was gone with a notice that Child Services took him due to neglect. I guess that option dropped his needs severely because there was another notification that he was very hungry, as well, but he had just been fed.

Is there any way to get him back? I would load up a new save, but uh... since Sims 4 never crashes I hardly ever save throughout game play, so I'll lose about 6+ hours of progress in this save if I go back to an older one.
He's still in the family tree, and a few days or overdue to age up into a toddler. Will he be adopted by another family in the world? If that's the case, I'll just transfer him back to the household.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 9:06 AM
If you got MCCC and set to adopt neglected baby then it will be adopted by another household.

Without MCCC it's usually an instant deletion, but as you say he still shows up in family tree, then he around somewhere, how to get him back as a baby? who knows, because babies and actually objects, you won't be able to transfer him over until he is at least a toddler.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 5:57 PM
I do not have MCCC but I will look into it. I should have it since I've always used and loved MC for Sims 3.

But yes, he's still showing up in the family tree, and I've even done a save as and exited the game. I'll head over and start picking through the mods I'd like to have. Hopefully it'll work out since he doesn't seem to be completely gone yet.

I do wonder, though, what that unnamed option was. It must have been something to deplete his needs and/or tell the game to delete him, sort of like a force kill option?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 10:56 PM
Is it possible that once the child is taken and deleted that the baby stays within the family tree? I've installed MCCC and set up the option to have neglected babies be adopted, but it's been a few days in-game and the baby hasn't aged into a toddler yet. He probably should have by now because I got a notification that it was almost his birthday a sim-day or two before I accidentally deleted him.
Test Subject
#5 Old 6th Jan 2018 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kayleena
Is it possible that once the child is taken and deleted that the baby stays within the family tree? I've installed MCCC and set up the option to have neglected babies be adopted, but it's been a few days in-game and the baby hasn't aged into a toddler yet. He probably should have by now because I got a notification that it was almost his birthday a sim-day or two before I accidentally deleted him.

Any news on this? Did it age up? I have a similar problem, the baby is in the family tree but it has been taken away by the social services. I tried using MCCC to summon it through mailbox and it always says the baby would be there right away, but it never appears.