Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 12:36 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sim menue item
Had a teen walk to community lot, then when clicked on her saw this option:
"assign to car ownable-invisible- walking lot teen walked transition"
WHAT!!???
Hours before I took her there, she started "jumping" if I even moved the cursor across her, but I COULD still direct her to do things. But some interactions with visitors was missing. So I suspect she may (somehow) be glitched. But that "action option"... I was afraid to click on it to see what it would do.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 4:40 AM
According to one of Chris Hatch's readme files, the invisible car is how sims can walk to other lots. You shouldn't be seeing that menu option though. It sounds like some mod may be messing up some of your menus. That seems to be what usually causes sims to "jump" when moused over. Have any other sims been jumping when you mouse over them? Have you added any mods recently? Try doing the 50/50 thing on your Downloads folder to see if you can narrow down the problem.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 4:06 PM
it's just her. No new mods, but I need to look at her, and household. 50/50 NNN00000000000000000000

Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 8:27 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 19th Dec 2017 at 9:26 AM.
If that sim is the only one doing it, it may just be a problem with her or her lot. The simplest thing to try would be to evict her from that house and move her to a new one. If that doesn't fix the problem, you may still have to do the 50/50.

Damn I wish my brain worked faster. Do you by any chance have either Squinge's lecture mod or one of Monique's computers in your game? Both of these have been known to cause weird errors and jumps when mousing over a sim.

Squinge's mod is fine unless you have Insiminator or Inteenimator (I forget which - maybe both?). I've never had either of those, but I do have the menu problem with it. It may be conflicting with the Manipulator which is similar to Insiminator.

If you have one of Monique's computers, you need to remove a buggy file from it (MQ_Computer_Global_Sims_Controller.package). This file adds options to the self-click menus on your sims. It's buggy and will sometimes cause jumps and errors when a sim is moused over. This bug is VERY intermittent and random. In my Riverblossom Hills, Rose Greenman jumped every time the mouse even came near her. No other family members were affected and I don't think any of the neighbors were either. Removing the buggy file will not break the computers - it will just remove the options from the self-click menus and you'll have to click on the computer itself to use it.

If anybody's interested, BoilingOil explains more here in post # 20 (about halfway down the page).
http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=7880.0
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 11:25 PM
I don't have the lecture mod, or Insim for that matter. I DO have Monique's computer - sounds like it doesn't matter if SHE used it, or if it's even in her house. Hope you link shows me how to "remove the buggy file" - thanks for info.
Link is a long thread, does not (TO ME!) explain how to remove the offending part of the computer. But worse, sounds like that might NOT be the problem, or will cause even MORE problems. So I can live with this glitch.

Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 11:50 AM
All you need to do is remove all files with that name from your Downloads folder. The post I linked to was for anyone interested in an explanation of what causes the bug.

Removing the file will NOT cause more problems. It will only prevent you using the computer by self-clicking on the sim. With that file removed, you can only use Monique's computers by clicking on the computers themselves. (I use all computers this way anyway, so it's not a big deal for me).

Quote: Originally posted by BoilingOil
An easy way to solve your problem, is to simply delete all copies of this "MQ_Computer_Global_Sims_Controller.package" from your system. The computers will still work. Only the additions to the Sim's pie menu will no longer be created.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 3:15 PM
[QUOTE=RoxEllen1965][s]
If you have one of Monique's computers, you need to remove a buggy file from it (MQ_Computer_Global_Sims_Controller.package). This file adds options to the self-click menus on your sims... {QUOTE]
I did find one of these, and removed it.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 7:49 PM
How is your teen? Is she functioning normally now?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 9:04 PM
Won't be able to play till tomorrow...of to dr appt.