Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 2:41 PM
Default WCIF EA mesh and asset data?
Okay so I'm 100% new to modding TS2, I just opened SimPE for the very first time and it already looks way too fancy to me. I need to export an object from the base game for conversion to TS3, but I don't know what to look for. What package holds the base game objects and what format are my assets going to be in?

Thanks

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 3:06 PM
Much of the content you want is here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\Sims3D
Or here if no origin: C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Sims3D

What files are in what objects.package, find that info here: https://hugelunatic.com/?p=779

The mesh is in the GMDC, you can export it in multiple file types. The images you want are in the LIFO. Each game has three different ones, and they are split alphabetically. Example: a-f are in one package 1, g-s are in two, and t-z are in three. Roughly.

The easiest way to gather all resources is to clone using object workshop, and untick all the little boxes.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 6:08 PM
Damn, that's messy. Is the Object Workshop supposed to be an all-black screen with no discernible text?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 10:28 PM
Umm no...What version of SimPE do you have? You could try resetting the layout, I think under tools.
Screenshots

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 1:25 AM
I have the same version you do. I'm not surprised that it's messing up, by the way, because it wouldn't be a Sims modding tool if my PC didn't find a way to break it.
Screenshots

insert signature here
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 9:25 AM
How do I go from here?

insert signature here
Instructor
#7 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
How do I go from here?

You're not really missing much in that black space except for the description Maxis wrote for the object. The Object Workshop can look a little awkward depending on how you have SimPE configured. If you go to the far right of your screen you will see two scroll bars. Scroll up in the outermost one, and you should see the actual Object Workshop options appear just above where your pic shows "TV and Computer". Choose "NEXT" from those options (after highlighting the object you want to clone, of course) and you will be taken to the next screen and see the options that HugeLunatic mentioned above that you can untick. Then click the Finish button and sit patiently for a minute or so while Object Workshop gathers all the resources into a single package. It will eventually give you a message that your object has been loaded and you'll see a bunch of stuff appear on the top half of your screen. Clicking on any of it will be confusing, though, because your bottom half of SimPE is still in Object Workshop. Go to the very bottom of the SimPE screen and click the "Plugin View" tab. Now you're in business, and can comfortably follow any of the fine tutorials or instructions here to extract the resources you want.

We have been stuck too long with "New Mesh" as the apex of creation.
_ WesHowe
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 12:28 AM Last edited by maxon : 27th Jul 2018 at 2:11 PM.
You can change the design of the layout in Preferences. I have to have one of the others and not the default because it goes all black on me too. I've forgotten which one I use and I can't tell you because I'm currently on the wrong side of the computer. If I boot up Win7 tomorrow, I'll check and tell you.

Edit: apparently I use Theme Glossy.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 3:34 PM
Okay so I've tried to export the GMDC and the LIFO files but they're in 5gd and 6li file formats, respectively. How the hell do I turn them into normal files like GEOMs, OBJs or DDSes?

insert signature here