Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
Can somebody say to Grant we don't care about the question, but what the answer is? They're just tip-toeing around this whole issue. Maybe is just No later.

That is what I posted earlier. He just will not say no. My guess is it will never happen. I may be wrong, but that is my bet.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
That is what I posted earlier. He just will not say no. My guess is it will never happen. I may be wrong, but that is my bet.
Agreed. He loves saying "Nothing is out of the question" and "We haven't found the right pack to include it" and "We've been discussing this and have to consider how to implement it properly"
I understand that many things are open (like themes of future packs), but it just ends up being frustrating to never hear a proper no. Best example - "Will there be deep snow"
dodgy builder
#53 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 8:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by drake_mccarty
From my understanding the worlds are not maps like Sims 3, they are mesh based objects created in 3D modeling software. Each world is created from scratch, meaning they don’t share the same base map.

Not saying they couldn’t update their tech to be more in line with CAW, but I don’t think that is how they’ve said worlds are created for this game.

Yes, the way worlds was made in ts3 was quite special I think. What I saw in the video was separate objects, and moving above and below them. Painting areas with brushes wouldn't be that special. Textures can be made in Substance Painter as well. It's not the same, but they could be painted on the ground mesh by hand.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Agreed. He loves saying "Nothing is out of the question" and "We haven't found the right pack to include it" and "We've been discussing this and have to consider how to implement it properly"
I understand that many things are open (like themes of future packs), but it just ends up being frustrating to never hear a proper no. Best example - "Will there be deep snow"

People do not like to hear no and want to keep their hopes us. Many of us hope/want to win the lottery someday, or whatever. Have that sports car, that house, or who knows what? 99.99999999999999% of us will never make a fortune with a lottery ticket, but we buy as there is no definite no that we will never win big.

There are players I am sure who are sticking with 4 hoping for a world maker. If he says there will never be one, they just lose customers, and will not do that.
Forum Resident
#56 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 8:42 PM
Thepancake1 is actually working on a "very basic Create-A-World-ish tool for editing existing worlds in The Sims 4".
https://www.reddit.com/r/thesims/co...n_a_very_basic/
I thought this would be the best thread to share it. I'm really blown away by this. Obviously it's still really basic, but I'm so speechless what modders are working on. I'm really, really curious where this will go :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#57 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 9:16 PM
Wow. Modders sure can pull anything out of their assess. Impressed as always by their inventions.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#58 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 9:22 PM
Hey! That's me!

I was inspired to start the project because of the fan-made concept that was posted a while back. Plus, SimGuruGrant's tip-toeing around the issue convinced me that they're not going to add it any time soon.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 9:25 PM
Good luck with the project. You got my support!

Mad Poster
#60 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 12:05 AM
Hey! That's me!

I was inspired to start the project because of the fan-made concept that was posted a while back. Plus, SimGuruGrant's tip-toeing around the issue convinced me that they're not going to add it any time soon.

I swear. You modders really are the unsung heroes this time around.
If it weren't for mods and Custom content, I'd still only be playing TS3 exclusively.

Not that that's totally a bad thing. I love TS3 to death. But sometimes I dont feel like waiting 20+ minutes for my game to load.

The Receptacle still lives!
Top Secret Researcher
#61 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 10:09 AM Last edited by mixa97sr : 19th Jun 2018 at 10:27 AM.
This puts EA to shame. But it also sells their game. They just have more incentive now to not do anything at all. I guess that's what gaming has become? Just mods, nothing on devs part? Sad, really.

EDIT:

I read that thing: "Don't put EA to shame, modders are more free to do whatever they want than EA is", and I kinda call bullshit. It's true, modders have free time on their hands and can just do things on a whim. With Sims 4 devs, EA is the one that decides what gets done. But during TS2 days, there is one Q&A about Seasons EP, and there, devs talk about features THEY wanted to add to the game, and had to overwork themselves just because they were passionate about adding it in.

I just think these devs are like, oh, I've got a task to do, program this kind of system for that amount of time, or design that kind of system in that amount of time, or make objects that fit this description in that amount of time, and they just see it as a job that has to be done. I don't see any collaboration or any progressive mutual effort. I've never seen or heard what part of the game what dev did, we don't hear that, ever. We just get the features served by Gurus, but we don't see the people behind them.

Likewise, with this concept, devs should already know how their worlds work, how their engine works, and if one person (who is 16 years old) is able to put together a semi-working features for CAW in a DAY (still not near user-frendly enough) then they should be able to do it under at most 6 months of additional work!!! Then what are we even talking about? Why are people defending EA and it's bullshit. God I'm fed up.

Vent over... I guess.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#62 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 2:52 PM
Hey! That's me!

Funny you say that when Grant replied to the post

I don't quite get his intention. Is he watching to see if you can "crack the code"? lol.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Forum Resident
#63 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ive
Funny you say that when Grant replied to the post

I don't quite get his intention. Is he watching to see if you can "crack the code"? lol.
I honestly had the same thought that the Gurus might watch the modders and look how they do it, and was giggling a bit about it. But then I saw that Grant actually replied with "Looking forward to reading about your progress."
Mad Poster
#64 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
This puts EA to shame. But it also sells their game. They just have more incentive now to not do anything at all. I guess that's what gaming has become? Just mods, nothing on devs part? Sad, really.

Interesting, I was watching this yesterday that discusses the ultra-monetization of EA's games and the transformation of the TS4 into a "live service":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRgBpWZf06I
Field Researcher
#65 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr

EDIT:

I read that thing: "Don't put EA to shame, modders are more free to do whatever they want than EA is", and I kinda call bullshit. It's true, modders have free time on their hands and can just do things on a whim. With Sims 4 devs, EA is the one that decides what gets done. But during TS2 days, there is one Q&A about Seasons EP, and there, devs talk about features THEY wanted to add to the game, and had to overwork themselves just because they were passionate about adding it in.

I just think these devs are like, oh, I've got a task to do, program this kind of system for that amount of time, or design that kind of system in that amount of time, or make objects that fit this description in that amount of time, and they just see it as a job that has to be done. I don't see any collaboration or any progressive mutual effort. I've never seen or heard what part of the game what dev did, we don't hear that, ever. We just get the features served by Gurus, but we don't see the people behind them.

Likewise, with this concept, devs should already know how their worlds work, how their engine works, and if one person (who is 16 years old) is able to put together a semi-working features for CAW in a DAY (still not near user-frendly enough) then they should be able to do it under at most 6 months of additional work!!! Then what are we even talking about? Why are people defending EA and it's bullshit. God I'm fed up.

Vent over... I guess.

Great words, Mixa. The difference between the developers of Sims 2 and 4 in enthusiasm. Sims 4 developers are trying to optimize their work to avoid overwork. Sims 2 developers created what they wanted to see in their game. The game is saturated with the feeling that developers love it, despite the glitches that are game have too.

I wonder about Sims 4: How much people working on the game? I on a stream on seasons saw simsguru, and I had a feeling that only they are working on the game.
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Interesting, I was watching this yesterday that discusses the ultra-monetization of EA's games and the transformation of the TS4 into a "live service":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRgBpWZf06I

They already have a live service for some of their games that get sequels per year. But yes, I've heard that now they plan on putting whole bunch of their current and future published games under 'live service' business model. They can keep spewing out bullshit how this is great for their customers, since obvioiusly they don't see us as players, but NOBODY is crazy to pay monthly or yearly for a singleplayer experience. I wouldn't even pay for a multiplayer experience, but it's more viable there. Singleplayer... nope!

Oh gosh you gotta love the way EA insinuates things
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#67 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 12:50 PM
Why would it being a subscription service enable me to spend longer and go deeper? I can't see a connection - other than I might get LESS involved in the game, thinking I might have to lose it when I run out of money to subscribe.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#68 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 12:57 PM
I do not quite understand: what is a "live service" game? Its like online game? But Sims 4 is singleplayer game.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#69 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 1:39 PM
I think it means that your game can change even while you're in it playing it. Like if Jasmine Holliday even started, she could suddenly be added even if you were 2 hours into a 4 hour play session.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Top Secret Researcher
#70 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 1:55 PM
If it were a 2 year subscription deal where I get to pay 15$ a month, decide if I want to leave the deal (ofc with first month paid), and if I pay off the subscription deal in 2 years I get the game completely... I see how that could work and benefit players. But it's EA, they probably want indefinite subscription model, with some kind of shady practices where player probably canot get out of the deal untill they pay off whole first year.

Also, brings them in even more money bc it's getting rid of retailer side of the business.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#71 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 2:30 PM
Maybe they are thinking about a PS+ type subscription. Where you sub then get "free" games, but then when you are not subbed you don't have access to them.... I would never pay for that.

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Mad Poster
#72 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 3:53 PM
@simmythesim also, by any chance you can have a modded cast that could also be applied to clothing, furniture and sim hair than just pet fur? Of course this would and must require C&D expansion pack, because EA can and will shut the hack down since it would vialiting their laws.

Forum Resident
#73 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
@simmythesim also, by any chance you can have a modded cast that could also be applied to clothing, furniture and sim hair than just pet fur? Of course this would and must require C&D expansion pack, because EA can and will shut the hack down since it would vialiting their laws.

Unfortunately, we only have so much freedom in modifying the game. Modders can't touch anything that's never seen by the simulation. Any new tech for graphics can only be added by EA.
Top Secret Researcher
#74 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 5:40 PM
I think C&D color wheel, fur paint tool is actually exclusive to pet mesh. I don't think such kind of thing could be implemented (yet) for clothing and hair. Furniture is out of the question.
Mad Poster
#75 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 1:32 AM
They really wanna sell texture/mashes that are recycled, don't they? That's what I can tell from the implementation.

Page 3 of 3