Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12651 Old 7th Mar 2024 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
What if the axe should come loose and fall?

Death by axe- hidden death type in Sims 2!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#12652 Old 7th Mar 2024 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
What if the axe should come loose and fall?

This is a girl. They should show the Mars and Venus symbols on the portrait like with pets.

For toddlers, girls smile in their portraits, boys have a neutral face, I've noticed
Mad Poster
#12653 Old 8th Mar 2024 at 3:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Cute butch toddler you have there.

Of all the entities whose gender is irrelevant, surely toddlers top the list.

Why would you not know what gender your toddler is anyway?
Mad Poster
#12654 Old 8th Mar 2024 at 4:37 AM
Because they can't express themselves on the topic yet? Let the toddler wear what the toddler wants to wear! There are so many more important things to worry about.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Top Secret Researcher
#12655 Old 8th Mar 2024 at 12:29 PM
I think what Charity means is, since the toddler was born to your sims, you would have named them from the "Baby Girl/Baby Boy" dialog box, but there's also adoption where that doesn't come in and their name might not give it away.
Regardless, as the one who made the "all toddler clothes for all genders" mod, I have to agree with Peni. Although I do admit that a tuxedo is not a good everyday outfit for any toddler, because have you ever MET a toddler?

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Top Secret Researcher
#12656 Old 8th Mar 2024 at 2:09 PM
I have a habit of pressing something so that the "baby girl/boy" deletes and sometimes I like to think I remember which symbol is which .....well anyway I have a family with a boy named Ashley and his sister named Kyle. (Thank god I chose names that could go with either sex ha!) So it happens!

I got curious to see if my old account still existed on here. I thought I was done with the sims at one point in my life lol. I've been on here since '09 baby! That's crazy
Mad Poster
#12657 Old 8th Mar 2024 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
I think what Charity means is, since the toddler was born to your sims, you would have named them from the "Baby Girl/Baby Boy" dialog box, but there's also adoption where that doesn't come in and their name might not give it away.
Regardless, as the one who made the "all toddler clothes for all genders" mod, I have to agree with Peni. Although I do admit that a tuxedo is not a good everyday outfit for any toddler, because have you ever MET a toddler?

Don't you get to choose the gender for adoption?
Alchemist
#12658 Old 8th Mar 2024 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Don't you get to choose the gender for adoption?

Only the age.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12659 Old 9th Mar 2024 at 12:19 AM
I have a mod by Squinge, that lets me choose the sex as well as the age when adopting. It's the same mod that lets my Sims adopt teens. (I also have a Squinge mod that allows teens to adopt, but I draw the line at teens adopting other teens!)

You may have noticed me missing from the community recently. The reason is that, nearly a fortnight ago I fell down a short a short flight of steps coming out of a local supermarket, and broke a vertebra at the bottom of my spine. I was in hospital for a few days at the start of this week, and am still in quite a lot of intermittent pain. Since coming out of hospital I've only managed to spend a few Sim minutes with my friends in Veronaville. I want to be with them, but my concentration is lacking. I don't think I can give them the attention that they deserve!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#12660 Old 9th Mar 2024 at 4:12 AM
Since I almost always have the game entirely muted (because I'll be watching YouTube or streaming something while working on a project), I tend to forget about the community lot speakers, even in cases where they'd really be appropriate... in fact I can only remember off-hand three lots where I've used them at all. I'm kind of curious though, do people like having background music playing in Live mode to match whatever a creator things is the right vibe for a particular lot?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#12661 Old 9th Mar 2024 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
You may have noticed me missing from the community recently. The reason is that, nearly a fortnight ago I fell down a short a short flight of steps coming out of a local supermarket, and broke a vertebra at the bottom of my spine. I was in hospital for a few days at the start of this week, and am still in quite a lot of intermittent pain. Since coming out of hospital I've only managed to spend a few Sim minutes with my friends in Veronaville. I want to be with them, but my concentration is lacking. I don't think I can give them the attention that they deserve!

Ouch. I know how much falling down steps sucks. Hope you feel better soon! And I believe that I know exactly what Andrew would say regarding you not being able to give him attention while you're sick. He would tell you that you look after your sims if they're sick, so let them return the favour and just spend time with them and don't worry about it!

Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Since I almost always have the game entirely muted (because I'll be watching YouTube or streaming something while working on a project), I tend to forget about the community lot speakers, even in cases where they'd really be appropriate... in fact I can only remember off-hand three lots where I've used them at all. I'm kind of curious though, do people like having background music playing in Live mode to match whatever a creator things is the right vibe for a particular lot?

It would be a cool thing to add, IMO. And anyone who doesn't like it can just delete the speaker.
Mad Poster
#12662 Old 9th Mar 2024 at 8:31 AM
@AndrewGloria

Get well soon - it sounds like a very painful thing.

@Zarathustra

Sims can dance when there are wall speakers. It is especially handy when on a date
Mad Poster
#12663 Old 9th Mar 2024 at 9:33 AM
I use the community lot speakers. I do normally have the game music muted, because I find it too annoying that music starts and stops for loading screens etc, but when I am bothered to put the sims' music on, I do enjoy the effect of having music appropriate to the setting, or the sim's preference.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#12664 Old 9th Mar 2024 at 9:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
I wonder if anybody's made custom video games for TS2. I've wished Maxis had put Mass Effect in there, although that was late in TS2's lifespan.

Yep.

https://archive.org/details/TS2customvideogamesmod

https://modthesims.info/d/48365/tes...ted-3mar05.html

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12665 Old 9th Mar 2024 at 11:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
You may have noticed me missing from the community recently.

Ahh, sending you hugs my dear friend, sorry to hear you are not having a good time! I hope you heal very soon and can get back to Veronaville.
Forum Resident
#12666 Old 9th Mar 2024 at 5:51 PM

I also play with the game muted, but I tend to include speakers on lots where it would be normal, like a club, coffee shop, or clothing store. But I have a habit from my pre-muted days where I use them very selectively, because if there's multiple style speakers on the same lot, it can be a bit of a cacophony.
Top Secret Researcher
#12667 Old 9th Mar 2024 at 11:30 PM Last edited by Gcgb53191 : 10th Mar 2024 at 12:18 AM.
You guys will be the only ones to get how silly I feel right now. I woke up pretty early and since I couldn't fall back asleep I turned on my game. I had a group picture to take so I did the teleporting, the posing, etc. for almost 30 sims! Only to realize at the very end after I quit, that I took an in game picture of everyone instead of using my FRAPS Also I never use the in game camera so wth was I thinking ?! My coffee clearly hadn't reached my brain cells yet.
Screenshots
Instructor
#12668 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
Only to realize at the very end after I quit, that I took an in game picture of everyone instead of using my FRAPS Also I never use the in game camera so wth was I thinking ?! My coffee clearly hadn't reached my brain cells yet.

Oh no! I do that all the time too...
I quit the game and realize "Where is the screenshot I took??" Then I decide to go back ingame and the blurriest, most pixellated 2005 resolution of the photo I took is there. The pain of getting everyone back in pose for twenty minutes.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Top Secret Researcher
#12669 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 3:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
Oh no! I do that all the time too...
I quit the game and realize "Where is the screenshot I took??" Then I decide to go back ingame and the blurriest, most pixellated 2005 resolution of the photo I took is there. The pain of getting everyone back in pose for twenty minutes.

That's exactly what happened! And then it hit me. Unfortunately, I don't think I have it in me to do it all over again
Instructor
#12670 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gcgb53191
That's exactly what happened! And then it hit me. Unfortunately, I don't think I have it in me to do it all over again

Posing can be so frustrating actually, especially when having over 30 Sims to pose!
Sometimes I forget free will and pose my Sims. After I pose them and stop the pose, I find them on the other side of the world because they wandered off as the posemwas an overlay.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Instructor
#12671 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 8:14 PM
(now in the correct thread) As good as CC can be, sharing lots with CC is a pain! Having to go through each piece of CC and carefully selecting only the recolours you actually used, then noticing some stuff didn't package with the lot, other stuff is slaved to something you didn't use, then some of the sites no longer work. Oof, it takes hours! And then you remember you missed something in your lot and you have to open the game, package the lot and go through Clean Installer again (but I'm glad it's needed, unmoderated CC in lots is a recipe for disaster)

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#12672 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 9:35 PM
Freezer clock is your friend for posing, which I learned recently from watching @Charmful, the master poser. She's got a workshop on it you can watch on the sims 2 shenanigans discord youtube channel. No more Sims wandering off or changing face after you set them and moved on to the next Sim. Forever frozen in place til you release them.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#12673 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Freezer clock is your friend for posing, which I learned recently from watching @Charmful, the master poser. She's got a workshop on it you can watch on the sims 2 shenanigans discord youtube channel. No more Sims wandering off or changing face after you set them and moved on to the next Sim. Forever frozen in place til you release them.

The Freezer clock combined with regular poses and face poses (if necessary) or other face animations, combined with the "Look at me" hack (4th wall), combined with angling the camera in the direction you want the sim to look while using the TAB camera (and then frezing that sim before you start posing the next sim) = chef's kiss

Also make sure to turn off free will, because sims will get lost in a ball game or some other activity if it's left on. It gets annoying after just 5 minutes...

Babies and toddlers can be frozen too (by editing the freezer clock), but to make them look in other directions you either have to pose them or use another sim or a cat/dog to make them turn their head, which tends to work with a bit of trial and failure. I have tried to poke at the "Look at" hack, but it didn't seem to work for them.
Mad Poster
#12674 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 11:39 PM
I'm trying to think of ways I can combine the typical requirements of a Far East vacation destination with a more urban aesthetic. (even if I may not actually PLAY it, I'm having fun trying to put lots of my more modern uploads together into a cohesive world) I'm satisfied enough with the general "plan" in my head for my main city of Cascadia, my fancy Ivy League university (which I SWEAR I'm still working on), and my mountain vacation destination based on the fake National Park I invented for Karen's vacation contest years ago, and then I have a vague notion of a more Caribbean/Spanish flavored tropical destination, and then an island Far East destination using my Mt. Hyaltitoud terrain and kind of flavored by my SimCity city I based it on, that could combine Far East with the more Pacific/Polynesian aspects of the tropical vacation destination, and also have another excuse for me to make modern skyscrapers (so long as I can figure out more than just hotels to stick in all of them!)

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Link Ninja
#12675 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 1:58 AM
I'm trying to think of ways I can combine the typical requirements of a Far East vacation destination with a more urban aesthetic. (even if I may not actually PLAY it, I'm having fun trying to put lots of my more modern uploads together into a cohesive world) I'm satisfied enough with the general "plan" in my head for my main city of Cascadia, my fancy Ivy League university (which I SWEAR I'm still working on), and my mountain vacation destination based on the fake National Park I invented for Karen's vacation contest years ago, and then I have a vague notion of a more Caribbean/Spanish flavored tropical destination, and then an island Far East destination using my Mt. Hyaltitoud terrain and kind of flavored by my SimCity city I based it on, that could combine Far East with the more Pacific/Polynesian aspects of the tropical vacation destination, and also have another excuse for me to make modern skyscrapers (so long as I can figure out more than just hotels to stick in all of them!)

Try looking at images of Seoul and Tokyo for inspo! Use neons with the Far East objects perhaps?

Sounds like you have a full docket of projects (and I'm excited to see each one!)

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Page 507 of 520