Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#14401 Old 29th Mar 2024 at 10:00 AM
A colouring by number book for adults that increases creativity...

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Follow me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#14402 Old 29th Mar 2024 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis

You could try MogHughson's write novel notebook, and pretend they are colouring?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Top Secret Researcher
#14403 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 6:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
You could try MogHughson's write novel notebook, and pretend they are colouring?

A newvmod based on that notebook indeed could do the trick. The mod itself is not really suitable as in the end the sim has written a book.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Top Secret Researcher
#14404 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 7:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lena88
For those who hate/avoid fixing things...what you think about a mid that allowes sims with 5 and higher mechanic skill to LEVEL UP their furniture/items = make it less frequently to be broken (fridge, tv, robots,...)? Similar to 3 system.

This is an ideavI really like, but I don't know if it's possible to do.

Forum Resident
#14405 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis

Coloring by numbers, to increase creativity? So a book that already creates the picture you're going to make, and then directs you exactly what colors you're to use is going to increase your creativity? It's probably the most restrictive, least creative way to 'create' anything. You have no creative choices in the whole process! You're basically the little paint can tool in photoshop. Fill all. I don't see anything creative about color-by-numbers. It takes all the creativity out of the process... A sketchpad, and you've got me sold! ...but color-by-numbers? I think i'd pass on that one.

-gE
>=)

Sims2 Shenanigans Workshop Discord! Learn to mod!!
Join our Discord and participate LIVE! Interact with instructors and creators!
Next Workshop Sat. April 20. SimPE for Beginners part 2!!
This Workshop is part 2 on the Ins & Outs of SimPE! Join us and start creating!
Mad Poster
#14406 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 6:03 PM
I am not sold on the color-by-numbers either. I think a coloring book for kids would be nice, though.

(I absolutely hate coloring books for adults in RL, so we will stick to the easel in my hood).
Mad Poster
#14407 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
Coloring by numbers, to increase creativity? So a book that already creates the picture you're going to make, and then directs you exactly what colors you're to use is going to increase your creativity? It's probably the most restrictive, least creative way to 'create' anything. You have no creative choices in the whole process! You're basically the little paint can tool in photoshop. Fill all. I don't see anything creative about color-by-numbers. It takes all the creativity out of the process... A sketchpad, and you've got me sold! ...but color-by-numbers? I think i'd pass on that one.

-gE
>=)

If you made more than one recolour then you could have both. I find colouring by numbers fun, even if it doesn't increase my creativity. XD
Forum Resident
#14408 Old 30th Mar 2024 at 6:24 PM
Quote:
Does it [the bar] work properly on community lot businesses?

I've found it to be wonky at best. It seems that when a sim customer buys a drink the business gains multiples of the §16... If the bartender is an employee, when they get paid it seems to add to the business's revenue, as well. I don't know exactly what's going on, so I pretend that perhaps they're TIPS... gratuity of sorts. But it seems unreasonable for the business to take the employee's tips. So I don't know what's going on.

That's the long answer.

The short answer is: no
haha

-gE
>=)

Alchemist
#14409 Old 1st Apr 2024 at 1:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ruusupapu
It would be useful if throwing parties would be like in TS3. If bride is inviting people to her wedding grooms friends that are not friend with her would also come. Children should come with their parents even if they do not like the host. Parties are also too small especially what comes to wedding parties.

I have always call multiple times and invite families, only one sims friends etc. over as extra and that is complicated and takes time.

This is waaaay late, but I did have this exact problem and it's why I now use two mods:
Simwardrobe - Throw Massive Parties Pets-Seasons: "This fix will increase the number of people that you can invite to parties. Up to 255 sims can be invited to a party, regardless of your system specs." Available here thanks to Bulbizarre. I use it with all EPs and it works okay.
Next, there's Squinge's Always Accept Party Invitations, which does what the name says, makes everyone accept the invitation.

I guess in practice, I'd probably like something that just made sims accept wedding invitations, but eh. It's useful for throwing family reunions and then you don't need to make multiple phone calls to invite other sim's friends over, like when parents throw their kid a birthday party, etc.

As for the bartender discussion, I wouldn't be surprised if Simler90 fixed that in their huge Business Mods bundle. I don't see anything on the page that talks about bars on home businesses specifically, but maybe try it out? Seems to fix purchasing from bars on community lots at least.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#14410 Old 1st Apr 2024 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
I guess in practice, I'd probably like something that just made sims accept wedding invitations, but eh.
As I recall, even in a vanilla game, Sims always do accept invitations to wedding parties. It's how weddings differ from other parties, isn't it?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Alchemist
#14411 Old 1st Apr 2024 at 4:38 PM
If they do, definitely some mod or EP I have broke that feature. My game is more like Ruusupapu described--sims, especially sim kids, sometimes don't show up, even if they are available. I definitely have memories of trying to host weddings--probably for the Capps in Veronaville, now that I think about it, -- and having trouble getting all the guests to arrive and on time to start the party. And when you spend ages going though all the Capp cousins setting everyone's formal hair and outfit, making sure no one still has their own wedding dress on, or that they don't have the same dress as someone else, well, you'd best believe I'm making them show up for the ceremony, .

Nowadays I don't have as big weddings anymore, but the mods are still handy for making sure cousins (kids and teens), as well as childhood friends, come to a birthday party, and that family members that the party hoster isn't close to still come to the reunion/family gathering. And then there's scheduling! While it's realistic that some sims won't show because they're working or whatever, I don't think it's as fair if I missed them before they went off to work just because I couldn't include them in the first round of party invites or they didn't have a great relationship with the party hoster/thrower. Parties can be fun, but lots of times they can be a chore for me, so if I'm taking the time to do them, then my sims need to show up. They can choose to spend the whole time studying or leave early because there aren't enough free bathrooms or whatever, but they at least need to make an appearance, imo.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#14412 Old 1st Apr 2024 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
This is waaaay late, but I did have this exact problem and it's why I now use two mods:
Simwardrobe - Throw Massive Parties Pets-Seasons: "This fix will increase the number of people that you can invite to parties. Up to 255 sims can be invited to a party, regardless of your system specs..."

This kinda makes me nostalgic for the TS1 parties... as a party got better, MORE people would show up. If it stuck at a snoozefest, the mime would show up. But a stellar party would attract a celebrity, one Mr. Drew Carey!! ...now, I don't necessarily need a celebrity. But a rockin' party should enable more partygoers. And TS1 had the two best partygoers, Pete & Paulina Dropinski! They might come and swipe a few things from your home, but they only showed up if your party kicked some ass! (On a side note, if you had a censor blur remover and an outgoing sim already naked in the hot tub, when Paulina stripped down to join in, she had a tattoo around her belly button! I don't know if Pete had any body art... he never got naked in my game! hahaha!!)

I think it would be cool... especially on college campuses. Probably not for weddings, but birthdays and sports parties and college parties, it should totally be a thing. one feature i might include is having pleasure sims being most likely to arrive, or sims that are on the partier career path. Now that's a hack or CC that I'd like to see!

-gE
>=)

Inventor
#14413 Old 1st Apr 2024 at 9:51 PM
You need a computer from NASA to play with 255 guests. How is a sports party different from a regular party? For me they seem to progress the same way of recharging relationships with everyone without any sports.
Forum Resident
#14414 Old 1st Apr 2024 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
You need a computer from NASA to play with 255 guests. How is a sports party different from a regular party? For me they seem to progress the same way of recharging relationships with everyone without any sports.

If I remember correctly, you had to watch the sports channel with the guests for a while so that the party score increased. xD I liked it, I used to make them with the dirtiest and sportiest sims, and I would leave the floor full of smelly snacks haha
Forum Resident
#14415 Old 2nd Apr 2024 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn

They should've been more different. But they're pretty much exactly the same as any other party. It's like they had a good idea and then said, forget it. They don't have to watch the sports channel or do anything sporty at all, whatsoever. Kinda mundane and indifferent. Not exactly sure what they could've done, but i'm sure if we sat down and brainstormed about it, we could think of a few hundred things to make sports parties have something (anything) to do with sports... oh well...

-gE
>=)

Instructor
#14416 Old 2nd Apr 2024 at 3:26 AM
I wish sims could sit on modular stairs. It's such a normal thing to do, who hasn't sat with their high school sweetheart on a rarely used staircase to make out? In my most recent build I have a whole lowered patio with steps around it that would be perfect for sims to sit, but alas, it cannot be done*.

*I will test the bed/sofa pillows, that has some potential even if the animations will probably get wonky.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Top Secret Researcher
#14417 Old 2nd Apr 2024 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
I wish sims could sit on modular stairs. It's such a normal thing to do, who hasn't sat with their high school sweetheart on a rarely used staircase to make out? In my most recent build I have a whole lowered patio with steps around it that would be perfect for sims to sit, but alas, it cannot be done*.

*I will test the bed/sofa pillows, that has some potential even if the animations will probably get wonky.

The thing that came to my mind right away is OMSP. Maybe that can also help.

Mad Poster
#14418 Old 2nd Apr 2024 at 5:29 AM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 2nd Apr 2024 at 11:06 AM.
An option on the pool for 7+ outgoing Sims to skinny-dip. Perhaps only available at night?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#14419 Old 2nd Apr 2024 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grinevilly
I think it would be cool... especially on college campuses. Probably not for weddings, but birthdays and sports parties and college parties, it should totally be a thing. one feature i might include is having pleasure sims being most likely to arrive, or sims that are on the partier career path. Now that's a hack or CC that I'd like to see!

Don't forget the cake dancer!

Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001

I know a hack that allows you to have sex on the stairs, but that probably isn't what you're after. XD

Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
An option on the pool for 7+ outgoing Sims to skinny-dip. Perhaps only available at night?

Pescado's poolhack will let you swim naked. http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....php?topic=58.0
Instructor
#14420 Old 2nd Apr 2024 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I know a hack that allows you to have sex on the stairs, but that probably isn't what you're after. XD

I'm intrigued, if scared the animations will be way more NSFW than I was expecting lol

Theorist
#14421 Old 2nd Apr 2024 at 1:45 PM
Do install the mod and tell, @Yvelltic2001 – you know... for SCIENCE

Instructor
#14422 Old 2nd Apr 2024 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by topp
Do install the mod and tell, @Yvelltic2001 – you know... for SCIENCE

Well I would, I just don't know which mod it is. I googled it but couldn't find anything regarding stair woohoo...

Mad Poster
#14423 Old 2nd Apr 2024 at 5:10 PM
It was on Back Alley Sims, which is now closed. If you really want it then I can upload it, but it is definitely NSFW, even with the censor blur. XD
Forum Resident
#14424 Old 2nd Apr 2024 at 7:34 PM
*cough* https://sims2packrat.tumblr.com/pos...alleysims-files *cough* don't ask me what file it was or who made it I don't remember, but if the download link still worked at that point it should be in the archive. Might have been part of the Jokerswild Animations maybe? Warning: the link itself isn't NSFW but the files are.
Instructor
#14425 Old 2nd Apr 2024 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
It was on Back Alley Sims, which is now closed. If you really want it then I can upload it, but it is definitely NSFW, even with the censor blur. XD

I am now way too intrigued to not download it lol. Curiosity killed the cat, let's see if I'll live another day. Though, before I download anything, is it safe to remove it whenever I please if I don't like it or should I test it separately?

As for the Back Alley Sims stuff, is there a readme somewhere? Some of those filenames sound... questionable. And please tell me the CP doesn't stand for what I think it stands...

EDIT: Downloaded "Invisible Counter for xxxsims Interactions" and the previews are VERY NSFW lol

Page 577 of 583