Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#101 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 8:21 AM
Wasn't round two meant to finish a couple of days ago?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#102 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 11:26 PM
Yes...
In the middle of all the other unexpected expenses (like "All neurologists are neurosurgeons, so don't worry about the fact that we have no neurosurgeons in network.") we didn't have enough money to pay the internet bill. Again. We are facing shut-off sometime after next Tuesday. We don't get paid until that Friday, and that paycheck is being eaten by rent. So, while this is -not- a good time to be out of contact with everybody, it's going to happen. But I'm going to be here as long as I can.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#103 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 3:34 AM
I seriously thought I posted the message about the closing of round 2 o_O

Round two is closed. I am sending messages to judges right now.

Sorry guys, bed bugs problem is really getting ot me. We had the exterminators come today, I was out all day( not allowed back in the house because of the fumes, and I just got home. Sorry guys. I am terribly sorry for being bad host.

I shall post round 3 shortly. If you still want to join, you have the judging duration to PM me.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#104 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 4:56 PM
While I am waiting for the scores, I am gonna post round III so you can people have something to work on :D
Round 3 - Making Friends

It has been few days since you met up with your friend and had girl/guy night out. You figure that you will probably be stuck as a man/woman for a while or maybe even forever, why not start from scratch? You get dressed and go out to the world. You aren't just going out, you are going on the hunt for potential boyfriend/girlfriend! Yes it is very weird to be looking for a guy/girl, since you once were a guy/girl. But first you decide to see your current boyfriend/girlfriend, and maybe recap on things. Sadly they don't swing that way. Disappointed you go out to look for an opposite gender friend.

I am looking for 4 pictures. You sim walking around and thinking, then getting dressed then meeting up with their ex. Last one should be of them meeting their new date. Any other feel free to be creative, but sticking to story line.

New Boyfriend/girlfriend can be whatever appearance you want Same applies to exes.

Round III ends Monday 20th
Test Subject
#105 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 7:26 PM
in case you need any more ej's i'll be one since it's too late to enter lol...

when choosing between two evils, i always like to pick the one i've never tried before.
never apologize, never explain.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#106 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 7:47 PM
Lab Assistant
#107 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 8:16 PM
Hey, this sounds like fun!!!

I will try my best to get this done by the 20th!! *crossing fingers*

I do not have SimPe...went to download it and it didn't look like the 'right place'...It was from MTS2 as well. (?)

Any suggestions would be great! (for a good SimPE download site that is).

Thanks so much!!

MissMichelle
Field Researcher
#108 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 8:59 PM
Shouldn't this whole contest finished on the 8th of July?

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#109 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 9:36 PM
I had some problems that kept me from coming here all the time IRL.

Plus it is very hard to keep the contest going since ts3 came out.

MissMichelle: You are a bit late. It is round III now and you need to have application, round I and II to participate. I am sorry.
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 11:53 PM
Oh, alrighty Kyle. Thanks anyway--I had no idea one needed to apply for it...Maybe next time
Site Helper
#111 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 12:39 PM
A very dear friend paid the internet bill for us.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Scholar
#112 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 9:28 PM
I'm just finishing packing to take off for RockFest, won't be back til Monday so I"m not going to be able to get anything done in here so I guess I'm now officiaLLY a no show.
But Korn, here I come . . .

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#113 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 1:43 AM
Just remindidng that there is only one Day left to turn your submissions in.

If you need any extensions, PM me or post them here
Site Helper
#114 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 1:56 AM
I had one more picture to set up when my son turned my computer off. I think I may be able to salvage something from the backup pictures I took with the in-game camera, though. Fortunately one of the sims I created for the fun of it has 3 lightning bolts with my female Goopy, so a new boyfriend was real easy to come up with!

I should be able to have an entry in tomorrow, but I really didn't want to be first again.

Scholar
#115 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 7:09 AM Last edited by DollyRot : 20th Jul 2009 at 3:56 PM.
I will post my round later tonight I hope!

EDIT
I have taken all my pictures, but its 11 pm here and I'm off to bed, So i'll post my round tomorrow. Sorry.
Site Helper
#116 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 9:31 PM Last edited by Ghost sdoj : 21st Jul 2009 at 9:38 PM.
If I don't post now, I may not have the chance. So I guess I'm first again.

Ghost sdoj Round 3
-----------------------

Well, it looks as though I'm going to be a woman for a while. I've finally stopped accidentally heading for the men's restroom, and I've even found out what a tampon is for. So now what?

I suppose I should see if I can make the best of the situation. I've gotten myself a female wardrobe now, so I guess it's time to make use of it.

I tried to meet up with the one woman who never actually told me to get lost. We had a very nice conversation until I casually asked if there was any possibility of there being something more between us. She was horrified. "I have no idea what gave you the idea that I swing that way, but I most definitely do NOT!" Then she discovered she was late for an urgent appointment and had to run. I know that excuse; I've heard it enough times before. Usually just before they never speak to me again.

That left me with some thinking to do. My body was telling me that I am very much a female, so being attracted to women makes me gay. I'm not interested in being gay, any more than Jan was. I suppose I'm probably the world's first gay homophobe. So I suppose I should probably start looking at other guys. And while I'm at it, I should stop thinking of them as "other" guys. I'm female, so they are just "guys". Or maybe just give up completely? Yeah, right. I don't have what it takes to stop looking.

That night I went back to the Kiss of Darkness to look around. As I was sitting at the bar a man approached and asked if he could buy me a drink. He was obviously not entirely human, and I found myself oddly attracted to him. I had the presence of mind to pull out the garlic I had been given earlier, but he laughed. "I don't blame you for being wary around here, but I'm no vampire. Call me Caerdyn."

We spent quite a lot of time together, and he finally asked me if I wanted to dance with him. Of course the dj took that moment to switch to a slow song, so we ended up slow dancing together and ignoring everything in the room around us. We were still together when the club closed, so we spent some more time sitting on the lawn outside the club watching the sun rise. Neither of us wanted to discuss our background, but we agreed that we seem to belong together.

(By the way, I know Caerdyn Silvanus looks a lot as though I made an elven version of Delphy, but I didn't look at the picture of Delphy in the wiki until after I made the sim. Which has me wondering how I saw him in a dream.)

I really, really, really hope I'm not the only one posting an entry here. Please tell me we have some people asking for extensions?

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#117 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 8:51 PM
We will wait for DollyRot's round 3 and I will sadly have to close the contest. I still did not get results from judges for round 2 and this contest seems like it lost the interest.
Scholar
#118 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 2:48 PM
I was halfway through posting my round and my computer blue screened. Seeing as this is ending anyway, I don't see much point submitting it. I had a lot of fun with this contest, and it's a real shame that it has to close. I'll be sure to compete in the second cyle
Site Helper
#119 Old 23rd Jul 2009 at 5:47 PM
I was having a lot of fun with this as well. At least the next time she rolls a want to marry Caerdyn, she can.

(If she does; I haven't seen Romance sims rolling that as a want very often, especially when the other sim is a pleasure sim, not a romance sim. So I was quite surprised when she rolled it the first time.)

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#120 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 5:24 PM
DollyRot: It'd be fun to see :D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#121 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 5:25 AM
Sadly, I have to close this. It sucks it didn't progress any further and It is sad because it is my 1st contest.

I don't know if I will make any in future. Seeing how this one downfel, I don't want to see any other down fall, plus I have no more original idea.

I wish you luck in any other contests and it was fun seein' you participate :D
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 5:18 AM
Sorry everyone i didn't give scores fast enough...my computer would crash every time i went into messages...again sorry.

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane. - Anymonuse

Page 5 of 5