Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#2876 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 9:27 PM
You guys are still active. :O I still have my last attempt from all those months ago, but got stumped on the moving on to the second phase.

Check out my ToT neighborhood Hoohoo. Last updated: February 2, 2020
Family Trees
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2877 Old 14th Oct 2016 at 11:17 PM
Welcome back, Lisrouge. I was actually visiting your blog the other day and realized that your last post is from January. Time's going by sooo fast. :O And yes, we are still active here. Most of the time at least. =P

I had that problem as well with my first attempt. It took me months before everything was ready for the roman era and I could start playing again. But I also started with a fresh hood and had to move all my sims over. XD I'm really glad that I'm having more fluent transitions this time round. ^^"

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Lab Assistant
#2878 Old 15th Oct 2016 at 2:51 PM Last edited by Lisrouge : 16th Oct 2016 at 10:15 PM.
Jejeje. Yes, time did fly by. I'm trying to "get to know" my sims again because I really liked this last crop even if almost everyone ended up cheating... XD

I'm glad you have managed to gave better transitions this time around. I think I might just end up doing one civilization to make things easier on me, but I still want the two... XD

Edit: I need to reread all entries of my challenge because there are weird things happening...lol

Family Trees
Field Researcher
#2879 Old 28th Oct 2016 at 11:57 PM
@Lisrouge Can't it be that you like them (at least partly) because most of them ended up cheating? =P

At the beginning of semester break I'm always 'Yes! More time to play my ToT hood!'. This time around, I did even play a little and finished round 8. But then I ended up visiting my family, going on holiday and playing everything but the sims. XD Which means that now that university started again last week, I finally got to start round 9. And it feels really good to be playing again after more than two months. :D

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Field Researcher
#2880 Old 29th Oct 2016 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheFlyingRaccoon
@Lisrouge Can't it be that you like them (at least partly) because most of them ended up cheating? =P

At the beginning of semester break I'm always 'Yes! More time to play my ToT hood!'. This time around, I did even play a little and finished round 8. But then I ended up visiting my family, going on holiday and playing everything but the sims. XD Which means that now that university started again last week, I finally got to start round 9. And it feels really good to be playing again after more than two months. :D

Flying Raccoon:
I think many of us jump in and out of our games in the fall as the new school year begins and then real life happens and we take a break. That is why I love keeping a website or blog with highlights from each family. I can quickly read through my notes to remind myself of that lot's story so that what my Sims start doing autonomously makes sense to me. I try not to tell them what to do, but create stories to explain their wild and crazy behaviors. I love my Sims :lovestruc

I couldn't stay away from my Sims, they help my creative side come out! Taking a break from my RV life to take care of family issues, so Sims helps me to unwind. Let me know what you are up to with your Sims so I can check it out!
Lab Assistant
#2881 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheFlyingRaccoon

Jejeje, could be. It certainly made it interesting... I have to say though I am glad I kept two sides during the neanderthal age because only all families from each side are all related... I cannot find anyone who's not related to anyone else in each side so now I can mess up and mix all families...Jajaja I had to add a few "captured slaves" on one side... considering doing it on the other side but that one is bigenough already

And yes, keeping a blog and notes (as bad as they became towards the end of the first stage) certainly help.

Family Trees
Test Subject
#2882 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 11:56 PM
Hey all, just popping back in to see how everyone's coming along with their challenges. I took what was supposed to be a two week break but turned into a 2 MONTH break instead lol. I got sucked into the Sims 3 and Sims 4 for a little while but I started to miss my Test of Time sims so here I am! I'm still in the Neanderthal era but things are picking up with the influx of new teenagers so that should make for some interesting gameplay.

I'm currently torn between doing arranged marriages or allowing the teenagers to make their own decisions for love. I have a little time before pairing up happens so I don't have to make a decision now fortunately. Updates on my blog are slowly being added so feel free to check it out
Inventor
#2883 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 6:45 AM
Oh glob I haven't played my ToT in forever! I blame my sister and our friend. They roped me into being an admin on several of the roleplay boards they/we run. And since I'm the one with coding knowledge, guess who has been using her computer time to make things pretty? I kinda miss my sims though. Maybe I'll ignore my admin duties tomorrow and play with some pixel-people. ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Lab Assistant
#2884 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 12:07 AM
This changes everything! Due to some new stuff at the Plumb Bob Keep you can now grow trees, harvest the wood, and then use that wood to make campfires and fires in the fireplace.
I have updated my general rules (#18) to reflect this. Actually I've updated my rules after play testing.
For those of you who don't know I am rewriting this challenge to include more eras, while also shortening eras to make the challenge finishable. I've added stuff here and there that I thought would be more fun. The original challenge is still the framework. While I consider my rewrite to be different enough to be considered separate, I absolutely give credit to the original.
I also have amazing where can I find pages for each era.
sims2testoftime.weebly.com/

Visit my Test of Time Challenge site: sims2testoftime.weebly.com.
Lab Assistant
#2885 Old 11th Nov 2016 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chicklet
This changes everything! Due to some new stuff at the Plumb Bob Keep you can now grow trees, harvest the wood, and then use that wood to make campfires and fires in the fireplace.
I have updated my general rules (#18) to reflect this. Actually I've updated my rules after play testing.
For those of you who don't know I am rewriting this challenge to include more eras, while also shortening eras to make the challenge finishable. I've added stuff here and there that I thought would be more fun. The original challenge is still the framework. While I consider my rewrite to be different enough to be considered separate, I absolutely give credit to the original.
I also have amazing where can I find pages for each era.
sims2testoftime.weebly.com/

Way to go! I love the idea of multiple civilizations. Not taking this on wholesale but definitely pilfering ideas, and I can't wait to see what else you come up with. I was planning to have a diaspora in my ice age to create a small, separate population to re-encounter during exploration and colonization, I think I'll use it to do some more local divisions as well (different tribes/civilizations). Not sure how I'll implement it yet, but thanks for getting me thinking!
Lab Assistant
#2886 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 8:02 AM
Thank you!
. To make it manageable, I threw out the rules about moving people out. That way there are fewer households. Shorter eras help with that too.

Field Researcher
#2887 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 1:11 AM
:lovestruc
Prince Magnus is the first of the generation at the end of my medieval age to get married and is waiting to begin his new life in the Test of Time's Renaissance Age as king. Love is in the air as many of his classmates from Oxford are graduating and getting ready for their own weddings. It has been almost two years since I started this generation of Sims and I can honestly say I am ready to start the next age. I created some elves and a New Elves Challenge to add some interest to this age with elves causing mischief to those they meet.

I couldn't stay away from my Sims, they help my creative side come out! Taking a break from my RV life to take care of family issues, so Sims helps me to unwind. Let me know what you are up to with your Sims so I can check it out!
Field Researcher
#2888 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 2:11 AM
Alright I'm back (didn't really go anywhere I just had a crazy summer haha).

How are you all doing? Any recent tragedies or comedies happening in your games? I've got an emperor kid who keeps getting his slave girlfriend pregnant so his dad shipped him off to military school and then as if by some bizarre twist of fate the dad got kidnapped by an alien lol

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Field Researcher
#2889 Old 19th Nov 2016 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Frogsnack
Alright I'm back (didn't really go anywhere I just had a crazy summer haha).

How are you all doing? Any recent tragedies or comedies happening in your games? I've got an emperor kid who keeps getting his slave girlfriend pregnant so his dad shipped him off to military school and then as if by some bizarre twist of fate the dad got kidnapped by an alien lol

I jumped over to watch your video. It's interesting to see how it looks when you play in Sims 3. :lovestruc

Field Researcher
#2890 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by oboesapien
Way to go! I love the idea of multiple civilizations. Not taking this on wholesale but definitely pilfering ideas, and I can't wait to see what else you come up with. I was planning to have a diaspora in my ice age to create a small, separate population to re-encounter during exploration and colonization, I think I'll use it to do some more local divisions as well (different tribes/civilizations). Not sure how I'll implement it yet, but thanks for getting me thinking!

You could always build that population off of people that are sent away instead of imprisoned- you could call it Australia lol

@Czpencer7- thank you for the kind note about the LP- the game is all kinds of crazy and I have mad respect for your blogging too- I get annoyed if I have to take pictures of all my sims let alone talk about them. Your families are so detailed and fun (love the names you chose for medieval)

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Field Researcher
#2891 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Frogsnack
You could always build that population off of people that are sent away instead of imprisoned- you could call it Australia lol

@Czpencer7- thank you for the kind note about the LP- the game is all kinds of crazy and I have mad respect for your blogging too- I get annoyed if I have to take pictures of all my sims let alone talk about them. Your families are so detailed and fun (love the names you chose for medieval)

Frogsnack: Thanks. I used a baby names website that had national names. Since I divided up my Sims into countries, I wanted to use ethnic names.

Instructor
#2892 Old 4th Dec 2016 at 9:09 PM
Hi people! Soon I will get a new laptop with a better video card, so I can continue playing with Sims 2! If you don't remember me, I am at the second generation, they are adults and teens. I wonder if their kids can marry the others like this without cheats. Sorry for the lame presentation
Inventor
#2893 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 2:22 AM
I know that the marriages of your gen 2 are possible, I've done enough of them myself. However, their kids (the orange dots) wouldn't be able to marry without hacks since they'd be first cousins, and i know that's not allowed in a vanilla game, so I don't think the baby in question (the blue dot) is possible. I'm not even sure if romantic interactions would show up between the sims represented as orange dots. ~VP

Scholar
#2894 Old 5th Dec 2016 at 3:52 AM
Hi everyone! I just got my founders established yesterday, but I'm playing two other neighbourhoods, including the Build a City Challenge, so progress will be slow. I'm ignoring Skins and money completely, especially in the early stages, and basing status on other things: in the Neanderthal era, it will be food. I've opted for a normal season rotation, so at the beginning of each Fall I'll be counting up everyone's food and whoever has the most will be promoted to "Big Man" status and move to the next lot size up. Status can also be gained by giving food to a starving family or by entering the Paranormal career track -- I'm eliminating the Teen stage but using university as a "coming of age camp": they'll go to class ("listen to the Elders") and maybe do assignments ("quests"), and fish a lot, but only those chosen to become "shaman" will actually study and stay longer than one semester.
Instructor
#2895 Old 24th Dec 2016 at 3:56 PM
Now this new laptop has a much much better video card.

But I can only play the game in 800x600 resolution. I tried to edit the graphics rules.sgr, but still no change. It's not a tragedy, but it would be better to play in a bigger resolution.
Lab Assistant
#2896 Old 26th Dec 2016 at 5:54 PM
You can use inge's marriage arch to marry first cousins....or whoever you want. I like to use it for arranged marriages, of complete strangers.

I have posted my rules for an oriental kingdom. From Roman stage on if a woman marries a man from the far east (vacation native) than it's time to make the orient. It begins with 5 households and rules inspired by history. To be played as a subhood during test of time challenge.
http://sims2testoftime.weebly.com/o...-roman-era.html

Inventor
#2897 Old 26th Dec 2016 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LiliLiliLili
Now this new laptop has a much much better video card.

But I can only play the game in 800x600 resolution. I tried to edit the graphics rules.sgr, but still no change. It's not a tragedy, but it would be better to play in a bigger resolution.
Lili. do you play with Chris Hatch's Unofficial EP's? If so you need to put the altered graphics rules in *those* folders, not the eaxis ones. I found that out the hard way. If you don't play with those, double check that the altered rules are in the folder for your latest EP (or M&G (SP9) if you have that). If you're using the Ultimate Collection, its in the Fun With Pets directory.

Lab Assistant
#2898 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 6:07 AM
Anyone know of a neighborhood map that would make a good America for the pioneer era?

Lab Assistant
#2899 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 6:33 AM Last edited by Chicklet : 31st Jan 2017 at 8:11 AM. Reason: Update
Has anyone tried the Felicity Island neighborhood map here at mod the Sims for this challenge? It's a remake of the castaway stories map for Sims 2 complete with residential and community lots from the castaway stories game. I'm wondering if there is room for things like garden plots. Mostly I'm wondering if I'm going to feel compelled to start the challenge over again. It's really amazing looking. I'm trying to convince myself the vacation version is good enough but it's not working.
. I'm also wondering how it would work if I begin that tropical island with an ice age.
Edit: Decided to use it as vacation hood and not start over. Ice age in tropics seemed weird. And moving them to the island after melt down doesn't show climate change. I like some to move, some to stay. And it's an island, which would make migration more difficult and not a great place for Africa, which is what my founding Neanderthals' home becomes.
I wish it was available as subhood, but not enough to struggle through instructions to do that myself.
I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on that island and this challenge. Especially if anyone plays it.

Test Subject
#2900 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 9:11 AM
hi everyone

i just started this challenge. i've made some attempts before but this time i'm really happy with it!

i made one male and four females (for genetic variation) into one household and turned jealousy off. they are one big happy family living on a beach lot now!

for every round, they progress with a new invention - second round, they discovered fishing, third round, pottery (which allows for drinking water and washing themselves - finally!), and now in the fourth, where i am now, they will discover farming!

i have taken pictures but i'm not sure whether or not to blog yet. are others still active with this challenge?
Page 116 of 128