Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2018 at 8:27 PM
Default How would you improve the Supernatural lifestates?
I think Maxis gave them a good foundation, but it's too bad they didn't go deeper and make them even more unusual than standard Sims. So, back to the question in the title - what would you do to change them?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th May 2018 at 8:34 PM
First thing I can think of is to fix the full-face makeup chemistry bug.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#3 Old 16th May 2018 at 8:40 PM
In general I'd like a proper Magic Hood like it was in Sims 1: I think MM was the best EP in terms of concept (cristals, spells, reagents, magic challenges, superpowers) and playability. I loved the dull appearance of Magic Town! Also, the default lots... all ofthem well realized and so well characterised.
Well, first of all I would have given some peculiar skills to the aliens, maybe something similar to TS4, in which they can change their appearance, or the ability of create exclusive items and use futuristic items...
Same with the vampires, although I'd be ok even with just some extra superpowers (including mind control); I like the concept of the plasma juyce as well.
Witches are quite boring, so the alchemy skill and the option of creating potions/craftables using everyday objects would be great.
Maybe ghosts could be a proper life stage, with the ability of haunting a place or scary/possess other sims!

I know that most of my ideas came from the following games but although I haven't played Supernatural a lot and TS4 in general I love the supernatural stages. I think the only bad note of TS2 is the supernatural part, tbh.
Alchemist
#4 Old 16th May 2018 at 8:50 PM
I have made a few creature related mods for my game.
-earlier chance for becoming plantsim from spraying.
-no failure for any witch spell; also spells not requiring reagents.

also made genetic versions of the zombie and plantsim skins.
Alchemist
#5 Old 16th May 2018 at 9:42 PM
I tweaked zombie personalities to make them grouchier and completely illogical and also made them cold so, maybe, they'll get sick easier (give the locals a chance). I don't like seeing zombies suddenly acting cheerful, telling dirty jokes and playing kickybag in the middle of my apocalypse. I would also like them to keep their faces.

I want my witches to be more like normal people and less like cartoons, no hats, and I want the option of having them walk to lot, not fly on a silly broom, if they are supposed to be realistic as they are in my hood. Also, despite the fact that the names and descriptions of spells are adorable, there are too many and they are too confusing for that, imo, so I'd rather have it clearer what they are.
Scholar
#6 Old 16th May 2018 at 10:19 PM
Zombies should not be able to manage stairs. It looks so ridiculous when they lurch awkwardly along, then run lightly down the stairs before resuming their lurch.

Vampires, on the other hand, should be able to fly downstairs, or fly from outside to an upstairs balcony. What's the point of being able to fly, after all, if you can only do it on one level?

Ghosts should be able to distinguish between family members and strangers, and not scare their own children or grandchildren to death (unless they were on bad terms when they died, obviously). Perhaps they could protect their own family by scaring off burglars, and a Family aspiration ghost might even be kind to toddlers and children who are not related. And if a ghost who was super-neat in life could do the housework while the family sleeps... (Anybody remember the sitcom So Haunt Me?)

Grand Witches should affect motives when they arrive on a lot and cast spells. All that light from a Good Witch should at the very least raise Sim energy, and the Evil Witch's storms should lower something - bladder, maybe? The temporary Environment effect of roaches doesn't really count, because it doesn't last when they get home.

Not really a special ability or disability, but I do think Plantsims should not roll endless wants for things like bathrooms, kitchens and cribs. Since they don't need these things, it should be possible to have them on a lot which is all garden and orchard, growing food for the community, or a lot with plenty of flowers and regular trees where they can effectively be "wild". Most of their wants should be for gardening and yard work, or raising their Plantbabies. I think there is some way to manage this through the Batbox, but it would be nice if they had been designed as more than unsleeping green Sims with funny headwear.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 16th May 2018 at 10:34 PM
Werewolf personality shift should not be so extreme. I think Cyjon has a mod that changes this, I need to remember to install it one of these days.

Wants to turn other people into werewolves, and wants and fears of hearing particular werewolves howl, need to be seriously toned down. Sims roll wants and fears to hear werewolves who are not even on the lot howl! It fills up everyone's want panel, especially my knowledge sims. The ones who aren't werewolves just want to become werewolves constantly, but I'm tired of sloppy/outgoing/active/playful/mean freaks of nature, so nope, no more werewolves, sorry guys. It's bad enough that I turned a bunch of college dormies into werewolves a couple generations ago.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#8 Old 16th May 2018 at 10:53 PM
I want to expand on aliens. Right now, they are just odd looking sims that abduct people. I want to make their influence bar forever full, so they can influence people, and make them learn super fast. Perhaps some other things?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 16th May 2018 at 10:56 PM
I would have limited zombies to two motives: Social (fulfilled via communication with zombies/undead/vampires/ghost) and Hunger (I would call it Brain If it weren't for the emphasize: fulfilled by eating sim flesh). They should have always stunk, because their flesh is rotent and I don't think showers should help them get rid of the stench. Should have made them more hostile towards mortal sims and turn them into their kind (towny and playable) autonomous behavior. Of course It will depend whetever the mortal sim will manage to win the fight in the dust cloud. Zombie infestation should have been more dynamic: the disease would not only spread by zombies bites, but from a failed experiment with biotech (medicine) station, spreaded via in water, food and/or air. Of course the apocalypse wouldn't be fun and stop there (forgot to mention that a mob of zombies should invade sims, but only If one playable zombie sim is presented in the town to spread the infection, kinda like how the grand vampire biting chain gets triggered) without weapons for sims to fend off. Again, since the nature of the game's rating is geared towards PG/13-year-olds and based on the reason why direct simcide is yet implemented, there should be been weapons like tranquilizers that put zombies to slumber for 12 hours. Maybe that hidden weapon skill could have been tied how accurately the sim would be able to land a hit with chances, with risks getting lower of running out of ammo too soon.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 16th May 2018 at 10:56 PM
Yeah, I think the zombies and werewolves are the most boring.
What bugs me is that supernaturals act like any other normal Sim and just look and move differently. I think aliens should learn a lot faster. For witches - making potions is tedious so a faster simplified alchemy would be better. Vampires are also pretty boring but I don't want vampires constantly rolling wants for vampricillin. The same for plant sims rolling wants for stuff they don't need. Perhaps zombies could be slower at learning.
Maybe some fear shown towards some of the supernaturals by normal Sims, at least towards evil witches. Curiosity towards other supernaturals eg wanting some knowledge from aliens.
I don't have many supernaturals in my game. Too much effort for Sims to become one for little gain.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 16th May 2018 at 11:03 PM
Will say it again, some witch spells shouldn't require tedious grind for reagents. Aqua Deletus is very weak one that would benefit with just building in a magic bar system (If they ever thought of one before TS3 and Supernatural), while the god holly Tempus Interruptions would be fair for an op spells to require the grind.

Werewolves could have been like a burglar of some sorts that breaks through doors and jumps onto balconies to savage sims or better yet: somehow harm them (let it be a deadly illness, drop of mood, startle or anything fittingly that provides a random penalty to the sim that encounters such beast).

Plantsims lack of abilities that are related to their embodiment. Plant manipulation, remote weed trimming, growing apple trees out of the earth for no cost? Talking to plants doesn't count, as every sim can get that ability by mastering Garden talent, which Plantsims automatically get it upon their transformation.

Mad Poster
#12 Old 16th May 2018 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I would have limited zombies to two motives: Social (fulfilled via communication with zombies/undead/vampires/ghost) and Hunger (I would call it Brain If it weren't for the emphasize: fulfilled by eating sim flesh). They should have always stunk, because their flesh is rotent and I don't think showers should help them get rid of the stench. Should have made them more hostile towards mortal sims and turn them into their kind (towny and playable) autonomous behavior. Of course It will depend whetever the mortal sim will manage to win the fight in the dust cloud. Zombie infestation should have been more dynamic: the disease would not only spread by zombies bites, but from a failed experiment with biotech (medicine) station, spreaded via in water, food and/or air. Of course the apocalypse wouldn't be fun and stop there (forgot to mention that a mob of zombies should invade sims, but only If one playable zombie sim is presented in the town to spread the infection, kinda like how the grand vampire biting chain gets triggered) without weapons for sims to fend off. Again, since the nature of the game's rating is geared towards PG/13-year-olds and based on the reason why direct simcide is yet implemented, there should be been weapons like tranquilizers that put zombies to slumber for 12 hours. Maybe that hidden weapon skill could have been tied how accurately the sim would be able to land a hit with chances, with risks getting lower of running out of ammo too soon.

Well, Pescado did make a Zombie Apocalypse mod that makes zombies autonomously eat sims' brains.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 16th May 2018 at 11:50 PM
Vampires. Those beings are so "Hollywoodized' that it's literally painful to play them.Without mods, they slink around like Bela Lugosi (who, btw, hated that movie to his dying day-he was a better actor than that!) and say 'bleh' without stop. All the myths come to pixelation. Ridiculous.
Just like the werewolves and the witches.
Someone at Maxis took all of the bad creature movies and condensed them into these caricatures.
That's why I don't play them, and probably a few others feel the same way.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Alchemist
#14 Old 16th May 2018 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Well, Pescado did make a Zombie Apocalypse mod that makes zombies autonomously eat sims' brains.

I use this but I modified it just for my own use not to have such long fights and I don't use it with fight club. With it, they can turn a town pretty quick. I also added in some changes to the zombie personality that kick in when they are turned (I didn't think of stink - that's good - I'll add that). It was exciting for a while. With added Real Sickness, the kids at least had a chance of surviving the hoards and the trick became to save one adult to take care of a kid in a household, but, invariably a passerby zombie would come.... The only silly thing is once everyone is a zombie, the attacking ends, and the zombies all sit around playing red hands or doing the dishes and since they can't attack kids, they are just as good at parenting as they ever were.

Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Not really a special ability or disability, but I do think Plantsims should not roll endless wants for things like bathrooms, kitchens and cribs.

The various wantfulfilling paintings are awesome for this.
Scholar
#15 Old 17th May 2018 at 7:06 AM
Maxis had werewolf teeth implemented but they are hidden in the game files what kind of wolfman has normal human teeth? This irks me the most at the moment. interconnected and unique interactions with animals and in the day would've been cool.

Plantsims could've had various colours in my opinion.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 17th May 2018 at 7:34 AM Last edited by gazania : 17th May 2018 at 5:11 PM.
I don't play any supernaturals other than an occasional alien or witch. I played vampires years ago, but no longer play Downtowns.

I agree with Sunrader on the witches ... away with the green skin and sparkles without using a mod (and yes, I'm currently using mods to get rid of them). A Grand Warlock or two might be interesting. Also, I wouldn't mind actually seeing neutral witches. I know the game has them ... kind of. Lastly, I would like to know what I've asked about in the past, and those posting to my thread surprisingly never tried ... does using the Tabula Rasa spell mess with memories in the hood and cause problems other than those affecting the Sim? I know Maxis lets you do it, but Maxis lets us do other things that wound up cooking our hoods.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 17th May 2018 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Vampires. Those beings are so "Hollywoodized' that it's literally painful to play them.Without mods, they slink around like Bela Lugosi (who, btw, hated that movie to his dying day-he was a better actor than that!) and say 'bleh' without stop. All the myths come to pixelation. Ridiculous.
Just like the werewolves and the witches.
Someone at Maxis took all of the bad creature movies and condensed them into these caricatures.
That's why I don't play them, and probably a few others feel the same way.

So, what would have done to change them If you had the power?

Mad Poster
#18 Old 17th May 2018 at 1:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sims2Christain
Maxis had werewolf teeth implemented but they are hidden in the game files what kind of wolfman has normal human teeth? This irks me the most at the moment. interconnected and unique interactions with animals and in the day would've been cool.

Plantsims could've had various colours in my opinion.

Agreed. I always wanted Plantsims to change with the seasons. Green skin and hair for spring/summer, fall colours in autumn and pale or bald in winter.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 17th May 2018 at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
First thing I can think of is to fix the full-face makeup chemistry bug.

Full-face makeup chemistry bug? How do you mean?
Scholar
#20 Old 17th May 2018 at 5:04 PM
The overlay on a supernatural sim’s face counts as full-face makeup for chemistry.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#21 Old 17th May 2018 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader

I want my witches to be more like normal people and less like cartoons, no hats, and I want the option of having them walk to lot, not fly on a silly broom, if they are supposed to be realistic as they are in my hood. Also, despite the fact that the names and descriptions of spells are adorable, there are too many and they are too confusing for that, imo, so I'd rather have it clearer what they are.

These are two things that bug me too. In my hood, witches are supposed to fly under the radar, no pun intended, never using powers in public and only flying at night so they won't be seen. It ruins the believability when they hop on a broom in the middle of the day.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 18th May 2018 at 4:47 AM
I like the existing setup, where Vampires are just unaging, but it'd also be kinda cool to see Vampires with a Bram-Stoker-esque Dracula aging system, where they'd age normally (or maybe at half-speed), and then age DOWN a day each time they bit a Sim... kinda like a combination of a Sim and a Cowplant.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Scholar
#23 Old 18th May 2018 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader

The various wantfulfilling paintings are awesome for this.

Found 'em! Thank you! Those will solve the problem for my Sims living in military barracks and cheap hostels, too.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 18th May 2018 at 10:12 AM
I've had the vampire aging hack (although according to vampire myth they do not age), they look normal in game-thanks to another hack, and they don't go around saying 'bleh' all the time with another. Give other pixels the power to kill them at will (besides sunlight). Like fire, or a stake & a cross.
"Witches" do exist in real life, and they don't all wear pointy hats and glow with sparkles radiating from them. Remove the excess silliness.
Werewolves don't exist except in the game-and in movies, of course.

It's the exaggeration of effects that rile me the most. Remove those and make them more normal looking in appearance during their 'normal states'-evil doesn't have to be obvious to exist. It's the underlying aura of evil that makes these creatures so appealing.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#25 Old 18th May 2018 at 3:18 PM
Yeah Supernaturals are one of the less well done aspects of Sims 2.

The first I would say, and this might be an unpopular opinion that instead of either Freetime or Apartment Life we should have gotten a proper Making Magic/Supernatural style expansion that would have overhauled the existing supernatural life stages and introduced new ones.
It would have also included a supernatural subhood like Magic Town. It would have been awesome to see this place in Sims 2 ^_^

Now for the individual ones:

1.Aliens: Give them a custom hair colour to go along with the custom skin and eyes. Maybe pink, dark green or purple. Give them a natural affinity for some skills (maybe logic and mechanical) and more difficulty with others (maybe creativity and body) Maybe they could even have different voices.
2.Zombies: Don't make them immortal, an animated corpse would eventually rot. Have them die at the end of their current age. Zombies shouldn't have the Hygiene or Environment Needs and they should be permanently smelly. If their hunger goes completely red they should attack other Sims and turning them into more zombies. They should also be able to cook special foods such as "Mystery Meat" and "Cooked Cauliflower"(because it looks like brains). Zombie shsould be able to scare burglars away.
3.Vampires: First of all, make them able to (non-fatal) drink form other Sims to quench their hunger or drink plasma from the fridge. Vampires should not be able to eat any normal food and get sick form it if they try. Make them able to enter upper floors through windows when in bat mode. I'm also a fan of that idea in Sims 4 that they can have a "Vampire Form" that has different facial features and clothing. Don't make them blue, instead make them pale. Their needs should still deplete during the night, especially the social one which should decay faster than with normal sims. Vampires should be able to scare burglars away. Good at gaining charisma and logic skill, bad at gaining body skill.
4.Plantsims: Does it even need to be said? Give them a complete life cycle Baby-Elder. I like the idea that their hair and maybe also their leaf clothing should change with the seasons. I also think they should get more plant sim hairstyles and clothing to choose from.
5.Werewolves: Should get more unique animations, maybe even preferring to crouch on the floor, eat with their hands and faces and so forth. Should only eat meat and have some special cooking options "Roasted Roadkill". Should have some different mane and clothing options when in werewolf form. Maybe their fur and mane colour could depend on their natural hair colour. Should be able to scare burglars away. Environmental need is only fulfilled by plants and trees. Special social interaction between werewolves and between werewolves and pets. Good at gaining body skill, bad at gaining logic.
6.Bigfoot: Make it "a bigfoot/sasquatch" rather than "the Bigfoot/Sasquatch", so a whole society of male and female bigfoots that you can meet in the mountains and have join the family. They should age and reproduce like normal Sims and the baby of a bigfoot/sim couple should have a 50/50 chance of either being a bigfoot or a regular sim. A few more hair, beard and clothing options.
7.Servos: Make them more customizable. Not really sure what else to do here. I'd say they should be mortal in some way. Maybe they could be slowly upgraded into androids or something.
8.Genies: Multiple Genies, and you should be able to free them with the third wish in which case they become normal Sims with maybe some lingering magical effects.
7.Witches need to be completely redone, more "witchy" outfits to choose from, spell auras rather than those goofy skill overlays, more and more powerful spells (I still want that turning pets into Sims spell!) and beign able to have magical duels like in Making Magic. I also like the idea of an alchemy skill especially for them.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Page 1 of 2