Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#151 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 4:26 AM
I just need everyone's input on this , do you think its a fair result?
Advertisement
Scholar
#152 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 5:32 AM
The grand prize winner's entry was so cute but kind of inferior. I liked some of the Honorable Mention and Winner entries but the Grand Prize left me blinking like this >
Field Researcher
#153 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nixie

Yes.

Opinions vary from person to person. That you have a different opinion than the judges does not mean they aren't being fair. Nor does it mean you aren't being fair with your choice. Post which you think should have won and others will disagree with you as well. That is how opinions work.
#154 Old 16th Nov 2007 at 5:55 AM
Thank you both for answering,

was having some debate with other people over those entries and am beginning to think my judgemnet was flawed, just needed a confirmation.
Inventor
#155 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nixie

It's hard to say. Each person is going to have their opinion and i can respect that, but I did think that some of the honorable mentions were better then some of the winners and deserved more credit. Some of the halloween drawings in honorable metions looked like they took alot more time and effort then some of the costumes that won. :shrug:
Forum Resident
#156 Old 18th Nov 2007 at 1:53 AM
Whenever I judge I admit I see a name of a certain member with a good past record of good enteries and expect to see good work from them and expect to give them high scores, but thats as far as it goes. I can only judge someone on the work Im judging and if they do a cr*p peice unlike there usually great work I still have to give them points for their cr*p present work and not their previous things. I also in some contests I have judged have given great scores to someone in one round but later in that contest been completely let down and given them lower scores. So no Im not bias as to the person or the persons previous work that I am judging on.
Lab Assistant
#157 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 4:01 AM
The very first house building contest I entered in shortly after I joined, I won and placed 1st in each round and NO ONE knew me at all. While I do see it in ALOT of beauty contests, Its not as prevalent in housing contests which is why I limit myself to those types where following directions and personal creativity is more apparent & appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 7:21 AM
It may just be favoritism, or it may not be, it's the way people interperet it.

I have create a contest that has gone through 4 cycles. 2 of which i hosted, and 2 which I stood by. For the first three cycles, I remember recieving persistant complaints about favoritism from the same people. I wondered, if they think so, why did they not report it and continue participating?
And from my point of view, I thought some were just sore losers(I would put it nicer if i could). They were new, and I keep repeating, 'If this is one of your first contests, please read the judges' critique's carefully for future reference. Contests for new users may be hard at first, but it's a learning experience.'(summed up)
The only chance I will commit favoritism(without intention, of course), is if you've given me a VERY bad impression without reason.
I think, If i were to ask any user as to whom should win, the answer should be obvious.

I have been a host AND a contestant, from my experience, sometimes it's just not fair to the hosts and judges being accused of commiting favoritism.

(fiestyredhead- btw, i LOVE your avatar LMAO XD)

I love sims!
Join the never-ending love!

Page 7 of 7