Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 5:05 PM Last edited by ashzone : 18th Jun 2018 at 6:01 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Body Shop Crashing - Help!
Okay, so I'm not quite sure why body shop is all of a sudden crashing for me. I've removed all of my CC and it still crashes after browsing through a few pages of sims. I think it may have something to do with memory but I'm not sure. Here is a copy of part of the error log:

Exception time: 06/18/2018, at 10:51:29.
Exception code: 0xC0000005 (-1073741819) ACCESS_VIOLATION.
Current thread ID: 22148 (0x00005684).
Version information:
Application/module path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\CSBin\TS2BodyShop.exe
Application/module version name: The Sims 2 Body Shop
Application/module version: 1.17.0.66
System version: Windows NT 6.2
System memory: 2048 Megabytes total, 2048 Megabytes free.
Application/module configuration: ReleaseSRT

I did recently change the graphics rules for body shop due to my projects showing up blurry. My game is also crashing when I'm in CAS and browsing through my sims. I also have quite a bit of audio error logs. I'm so confused, it was working just fine a couple of days ago.

Update: Did a fresh reinstall, body shop seems to work fine without any cc, but with cc and saved sims, I'm unable to browse through all of the EA sims before bodyshop simply closes without warning. No error message, it just crashes.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 10:39 PM
have you definitely deleted your cache files?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 10:51 PM
Only reinstall for corrupted install files (hard to do) or a new computer, not for all other issues. You are wasting your time plus reinstalling can leave behind registry keys which then require cleaning.

The most common cause of crashing is CC. Always make a back up first, pull your CC and check if it works. Reading above that is your issue. You have a bad piece of cc. Try removing any CAS CC you recently added. If that doesn't solve it you will need to do a 50/50 search of your cc.
Before loading BodyShop delete the cache files.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 4:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by onlyfrillsandhorses
have You definitely deleted your cache files?

Yes I have