Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 20th May 2020 at 5:49 AM
Wow most are much shorter than what my settings are except Deshong, yours are longer, I have mine set at about 1/3 of Deshongs. 30 days per season so a 120 day year, and I just set each age span from that, for a 80 year life span so 9,600 days.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 27th Oct 2020 at 7:23 AM
I set diffrent lifespans for diffrent games I play depending on how I feel about each one. Also I can't stand the proportion of the toddler and child stages to the others so I have a mod that changes the default lifespans so that the child stage is the same length as teen and toddler is about 1/3 the lengh of that.
So my default normal lifespan is...
Infant 3 days
Toddler 4 days
Child and teen both 14 days
YA and adult both 28 days to compensate for more time in the child stage.
This is the lifespan I I typically use with games that I play as sort of secondary to what ever game I am focusing on. For my "main" game(s) I use a custom set lifespan of 165 days
4 days for infant
7 for toddler
21 for child and teen
42 for YA and Adult.
28 min for elder
I find that this pace works just right for me. Enough time for each sim to get the most out of their lifestage with out being so long that there are long stretches of time without any changes and i start to get bored.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 27th Oct 2020 at 12:59 PM
I play with the default one. It is fine by me.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 27th Oct 2020 at 2:22 PM
I'm back to my 85 day lifespan. I can't do long ones, I get too bored.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 27th Oct 2020 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
I play the game so that 1 year equals i sim day.
0-1 - baby (1 day)
1-5 - toddler (4 days)
5-12 - child (7 days)
12-19 - teen (7 days)
19-33 - young adult (14 days)
33-65 - adult (32 days)
65-80 (or more) - elder (15 or more days)
Whenever I enter MasterController and have a list of sims I can see the number of days they have, which equals the real age. For example:

I do that too! Although my age cutoffs are different
Forum Resident
#32 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
It's the most convenient span for me but there's one thing bothering me. Young adults turn into adults at the age of 33 in my game and IRL I'm getting closer to 33 more than ever before. It means I'll no longer be a young adult. It's really disturbing...

Lol, I am 33 so that is weird for me too! FWIW I base mine off of developmental psych so it's 40.
Test Subject
#33 Old 9th Feb 2021 at 9:16 AM
I use long lifespan, tweaked to match my year cycle, because I want the sims to always celebrate their birthdays on the same day, of the year. It makes no sense to me if someone born in summer transitions to their next life stage in winter.

So, each season lasts 7 days, which makes a sim year 28 days long.

Life stages:
Baby: 14 days (because I don't care about baby-to-toddler birthday accuracy, and 28-day long baby stage is too much)
Toddler: 42 days (so, they grow up to a Child exactly 2 sim years after being born)
Child: 56 days
Teen: 56 days
YA: 84 days
Adult: 84 days
Elder: 42 days (they tend to exceed their lifespan in many cases anyway, and they don't need to die on their birthday, so, no need to bother with accuracy here, too)

I know, not very proportional if converted to real life aging, but at least it makes some sense in the game. I rotate households when playing, so, this lifespan is not too long for me.
Page 2 of 2