Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2007 at 4:24 PM
Default Can a Young Adult Marry an Adult?
Hello, its me again with more questions, LOL. Thanks everyone for being so nice here! I wanted to know if a young adult can marry an adult. I want a May/September relationship in my town and it would be great if they can marry without a hack. If they cannot marry can they at least get engaged and live together and then marry once she is a full blown adult?

Also, can you be a young adult without having to go to college?
Advertisement
#2 Old 9th May 2007 at 4:49 PM
They can't marry until the young adult moves in.. Which turns him/her into an adult.. Young adults can't get married
Field Researcher
#3 Old 9th May 2007 at 4:51 PM
Though I think Adults and Young Adults can get engaged, but marriage is only between two Adults.

And no, you can only play through the YA stage in Uni. Otherwise your Teen will jump straight to an Adult.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th May 2007 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Seiza
Though I think Adults and Young Adults can get engaged, but marriage is only between two Adults.

And no, you can only play through the YA stage in Uni. Otherwise your Teen will jump straight to an Adult.

Awww shucks, thanks guys.

Okay, another question then. If I do send the female sim to college so that she can play the YA stage, can she still invite the adult sim over if he lives in the regular neighborhood and not on campus?

Or is there a hack that will allow the YA stage not on campus?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#5 Old 9th May 2007 at 9:00 PM
You can invite anyone to Uni town...except toddlers and babies.

And, no, there is no hack that I know of that allows this. That particular 'time warp' is only allowed in campus neighborhoods. It doesn't keep 'sim time'...it goes by semester hours.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th May 2007 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by canoodle
You can invite anyone to Uni town...except toddlers and babies.

And, no, there is no hack that I know of that allows this. That particular 'time warp' is only allowed in campus neighborhoods. It doesn't keep 'sim time'...it goes by semester hours.

Oh okay, thats cool. At least I can build their relationship while she is in college and when she is an adult BAM they can get married. Cool beans, thanks so much. I can do that rather than try a hack.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th May 2007 at 8:11 AM
Yep, YAs and Adults can basically interact like two Adults, except for marriage and getting pregnant. I typically use it to get a headstart on my sim's lovelife by having them befriend an adult as a Teen, get engaged as a YA and marrying immediately as an Adult.
#8 Old 14th May 2007 at 4:38 AM
Getting engaged and moving a YA out of University is a way of getting the NPC Sims out of University (and into another life stage - useful if you brought them in from youth).