Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 9:36 AM
Default All script mods stopped working after the latest patch
Hi, I hope I'm posting this in the right category!

My problem is that all script mods (always start game paused, testing cheats always activated, extended testing cheats etc.) have stopped working and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong?

Thank you in advance!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 9:41 AM
Check they have not been turned off by the game update in the game options.

They changed the UI screen which in some cases means they may have reset your user options. Happened to me after an update (a while ago).

Always remember to take out your mods folder before updating the game as leaving it in while updating can cause issues too...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 5:35 PM
Thanks for the reply! Script mods are activated in my game though, there has to be something else I'm missing.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 12:53 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 4 - Incompatible CC
    Every time you patch or install a new EP, most of your hacks will need to be updated or removed. If you are having any kind of problem and you've just patched or installed a new EP, remove all your custom content and ]delete your cache files. Then, unless the problem is specific to one sim or lot, make a new town and see if the issue occurs there too.

If, having done so, the issue is fixed, then you have some incompatible CC. Any hacks - things which change the game's behaviour - are likely suspects and should be updated or removed; things like objects, clothes, hairs etc are generally safe.

Scholar
#5 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 3:26 AM
Before updating game you must always remove your mods folder. Once game update is done then you can add your mods folder back into the game. If the mods folder is left in during game update you will often get your game having a glitch attack. Its hard to work out what could be causing your issue as we don't know what script mods you have installed.