Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 9:52 AM
Default MySims - The Big Mod; Need help
MySims, a Sims spin-off title released in 2007 that spawned a short lived franchise which ended in 2010 with the release of MySims Skyheroes, the original was rereleased in 2008 for home computers with online capabilities which were later shut down in 2012. Enter The Big Mod, the first full-scale modification for the computer release of the original MySims.

Beginning in August 2014, The Big Mod is a collaboration between 4 people on the MySims WIki that features brand new Sims, Blueprints, Dialogue, Interiors, and overall improvements to the original game. Through use of Sims 3 Package Editors we are able to look through the game's internal files albeit rather limited, we are only able to look through the textures in the files. And that's it. There are many more files we would like to see and look at, but we can't due to our limitation. This is where we start to ask, we're desperate and we've tried multiple places but with no luck. We need a package editor specifically designed for MySims, the only problem is none of us can program which is why we came here asking, hoping that at least one person would have it in their hearts to respond and help us.

If you would like to help us please Private Message me.

Also here is a link to our Blog and Twitter if you're interested in seeing progress:
https://twitter.com/The_Big_Mod
http://mysims.wikia.com/wiki/User_b...d_-_Update_Blog
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 11:08 AM
Hello, I am a part on The Big Mod team. I mainly do the texture things and the french translation of the mod. We really hope you can help us!
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 2:34 AM
Hello, this is Icecream. I have very basic modding experience although I was wondering if I could help with simple touch-ups of existing sims and making new sims.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st May 2015 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HeronX232
MySims, a Sims spin-off title released in 2007 that spawned a short lived franchise which ended in 2010 with the release of MySims Skyheroes, the original was rereleased in 2008 for home computers with online capabilities which were later shut down in 2012. Enter The Big Mod, the first full-scale modification for the computer release of the original MySims.

Beginning in August 2014, The Big Mod is a collaboration between 4 people on the MySims WIki that features brand new Sims, Blueprints, Dialogue, Interiors, and overall improvements to the original game. Through use of Sims 3 Package Editors we are able to look through the game's internal files albeit rather limited, we are only able to look through the textures in the files. And that's it. There are many more files we would like to see and look at, but we can't due to our limitation. This is where we start to ask, we're desperate and we've tried multiple places but with no luck. We need a package editor specifically designed for MySims, the only problem is none of us can program which is why we came here asking, hoping that at least one person would have it in their hearts to respond and help us.

If you would like to help us please Private Message me.

Also here is a link to our Blog and Twitter if you're interested in seeing progress:
https://twitter.com/The_Big_Mod
http://mysims.wikia.com/wiki/User_b...d_-_Update_Blog

I actually just bought this... downloaded the mod.. but it doesn't look like a lots going on there.. is it just because not too many people played the game? Are there still people working on it anymore?

I am not bigoted for race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or age... I do, however, have a big problem with stupidity, and stupidity knows no boundaries.
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Nov 2015 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LE102071
I actually just bought this... downloaded the mod.. but it doesn't look like a lots going on there.. is it just because not too many people played the game? Are there still people working on it anymore?

Yes, we're still working on it. Many things have changed since we released the demo. We still need help!
Test Subject
#6 Old 19th Dec 2015 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mattrio
Yes, we're still working on it. Many things have changed since we released the demo. We still need help!

Coucou, je suis un fan français! Je n'ai pas exactement compris le premier message et je voulais savoir si je peux aider, si il y a quelque chose que je sais faire!