Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2016 at 5:39 AM
Default Stardew Valley
I'm not one to keep updated on gaming news, but through a Youtube video I recently found out about Stardew Valley. I grabbed it 2 days ago and am already addicted. Anyone else? For anyone who doesn't know Stardew Valley is a game much like Harvest Moon. It has the cutest graphics ever and was developed by just one guy. It's only $15 on Steam and full of things to do.

P.S. sorry if a thread has already been made for this game. I couldn't see any.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 17th May 2016 at 2:53 AM
I've been hearing a lot about this game recently. I may have to check it out.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th May 2016 at 9:50 PM
I pretty much ditched simming for this little gem. I've played Harvest Moon on SNES and adored it, and farming/crafting has always been my favorite features in sims games too, but I didn't expect to become as addicted as I did Played about 50 hours during first two weeks. Now I don't have much stuff to do anymore until new content patches arrive, but I'll probably start new game some day, marry different character next time and use some mods to spice up my farm.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 18th May 2016 at 11:17 PM
I'm gonna marry Elliot in Spring, please wish me luck. :lovestruc
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th May 2016 at 5:34 AM
@ caolve Fully agree with you on ditching simming for this game. I've done so too since I started. Unfortunately I'm coming to the end on my file but I'm addicted so much that I may start a second file as a male character. Multiple saves is something Harvest Moon never achieved with me.

@ Diovanlestat I married Alex. Glad I did so as his dialogue is adorable after marriage.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 21st May 2016 at 6:38 PM
I married Sebastian just because he was always so conveniently on the way to the mines I started to really like him though, I liked how he slowly started to show his soft side, but never turned completely gooey romantic. Now that I've married him, he is mostly sulking in bed and tells me to make my own damn breakfast. He is apparently jealous because I'm gifting berries to his family and Linus whenever I go to the mines. Should have maxed out all friendships before marriage, I kinda don't like Sebastian anymore :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd May 2016 at 7:43 AM
I've only experienced Alex be jealous once, when I gave Harvey a bottle of wine for his birthday (wine is a favourite of his). I've since gifted other bachelors on their birthday and nothing has happened. Maybe the same effect has happened but not the dialogue. I hope not but, it's easy to max his hearts again. He was easy to win over with eggs (he doesn't love them but being a farmer you'd usually have one in inventory).

My favourite character from the beginning has to be Linus. He's the poor outcast and resident who is least likely to turn down a perfectly nice gift. I gave Leah a pizza once and she called it disgusting. Flipping ungrateful villagers!