Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 7:38 PM Last edited by DragonTamer13 : 9th Oct 2019 at 3:54 PM. Reason: Slight rule tweaks
Default The Nine Planets Challenge [Base Game Compatible]
~THE NINE PLANETS CHALLENGE~

Hi there! Dragontamer 13 here bringing you the Nine Planets Challenge!

I have a Sims 4 version of the challenge as well, you can see it here; http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=586898

~BACKSTORY~

In a world beyond the reality we call our own, there is a guardian. She/He is the protector of the universe, one who walks among the stars to keep order among them. But their strength is failing; they have been around for centuries, and soon might come their time.... And our world will swirl out of control....

There is yet one hope; The child of the guardian, protector of the Sun. She/He will be sent to earth, in order to recruit and train guardians from among simkind, to stabilize the planets, pillars of our universe....

~IN CAS~
You'll want to start by making your main character, The Sun Guardian. I'd recommend making them either a YA or Teen. They can be male or female, I'll leave that up to you.

-For the wardrobe I'd recommend that you'd give them some sort of symbolizing item in every outfit, like a pendant or armband, etc. The reason behind this, whether it be the source of their power or a gift from The Guardian of the Universe, etc., I'll leave up to you.
-If you want to give them an occult type, by all means go ahead! They kind of are alien if you look at the backstory anyways
-If you wish to give them a required trait like everyone else, I'd give them either Loves the Heat, (If you have Seasons) Good or Loves the Outdoors? I'll leave it up to you

Optionally, you can create The Guardian of the Universe. Make them mother/father to The Sun Guardian. They have no CAS restrictions as they are basically there for storyline's sake, but if you have an idea for a purpose for them by all means go ahead.

~IN EDIT TOWN~

They can be moved into any lot you can afford (NO MONEY CHEATS!), but if you did create The Guardian of the Universe you can either have them move into a separate lot or give them their own private building on the main lot; I'll leave it up to you.

~HOW TO PLAY~

The main goal of the challenge is to find guardians from among Simkind (AKA Townies, you may not use sims of your own creation!) for each of the nine planets. (I just couldn't leave out Pluto ) An overstuffed household mod is optional but not necessary.

Once the Sun Guardian finds a sim that meets the trait requirements, build up their relationship and then ask them to move in. To become a guardian, they must complete the following;

-Max out their 'Planetary Skill' (The special skill assigned to just them, See 'The Guardians')
-Have them max out the 'Advanced Technology Skill' (If you have Into The Future) or the 'Handiness Skill'
-Have them complete their 'Planetary Challenge' (See 'The Guardians')

After all this is completed, they will gain their 'Symbolizing Item', which is a sign of their achievements. Go into CAS and give them one of the same accessory (color and all) in every outfit. If you don't have an overstuffed household mod, you can move them out after this. If you do, you may keep them in your household.

~THE GUARDIANS~

They're listed in proximity to the sun, so you can recruit them in that order if you wish, but this is not necessary.

None of them can have the 'Couch Potato', 'Supernatural Skeptic' (If you have Supernatural) or 'Slob' traits

~Mercury~

-Must have the 'Insane' or 'Unstable' (If you have Into the Future) trait. (based upon Mercury's varying temperatures, if you're wondering)
-Sometimes the best stories come from someone with a little insanity, so Mercury's skill will be Writing. They must max out this skill as well as 'Advanced Technology Skill' (If you have Into The Future) or the 'Handiness Skill'.
-For their Planetary Challenge, they must either complete the Professional Author LTW (You can change this using CAS cheats!) or write 2 books of every genre.

~Venus~

-Must have the 'Flirty' trait.
-Their skill will be Charisma. They must max out this skill as well as the 'Advanced Technology Skill' (If you have Into The Future) or the 'Handiness Skill'.
-For their Planetary Challenge, they must either complete the Heartbreaker LTW (You can change this using CAS cheats!) or earn the 'Eternally Faithful' reputation with their spouse.

~Earth~

-Must have the 'Genius' trait.
-Their skill will be Logic. They must max out this skill as well as the 'Advanced Technology Skill' (If you have Into The Future) or the 'Handiness Skill'.
-For their Planetary Challenge, they must complete the Renaissance Sim LTW. (You can change this using CAS cheats!)

~Mars~

-Must have the 'Disciplined' (if you have World Adventures), 'Hot Headed' or 'Athletic' trait.
-Their skill will either be Martial Arts (if you have World Adventures) or Fitness. They must max out this skill as well as the 'Advanced Technology Skill' (If you have Into The Future) or the 'Handiness Skill'.
-For their Planetary Challenge, they must either complete the Martial Arts Master LTW or Physical Perfection LTW (if you have World Adventures), or the Become a Superstar Athlete LTW, (You can change this using CAS cheats!) or beat 10 other sims in sparring (If you have World Adventures) and/or ordinary fights.

~Jupiter~

- Must have the 'Natural Cook' trait.
-Their skill will be Cooking. They must max out this skill as well as the 'Advanced Technology Skill' (If you have Into The Future) or the 'Handiness Skill'.
-For their Planetary Challenge, they must either complete the Culinary Librarian LTW or Celebrated Five-Star Chef LTW, (You can change this using CAS cheats!) or cook perfect quality meals for a party 8 times.

~Saturn~

- Must have the 'Green Thumb' trait.
-Their skill will be Gardening. They must max out this skill as well as the 'Advanced Technology Skill' (If you have Into The Future) or the 'Handiness Skill'.
-For their Planetary Challenge, they must either complete the Greener Gardens LTW (if you have Supernatural) or The Perfect Garden LTW, (You can change this using CAS cheats!).

~Uranus~

- Must have the 'Artistic' trait.
-Their skill will be Painting. They must max out this skill as well as the 'Advanced Technology Skill' (If you have Into The Future) or the 'Handiness Skill'.
-For their Planetary Challenge, they must create one high-quality painting of each type.

~Neptune~

- Must have the 'Loves to Swim', 'Sailor' (If you have Island Paradise) or 'Angler' trait.
-Their skill will either be Scuba Diving (if you have Island Paradise), or Fishing. They must max out this skill as well as the 'Advanced Technology Skill' (If you have Into The Future) or the 'Handiness Skill'.
-For their Planetary Challenge, they must either complete the Deep Sea Diver LTW (if you have Island Paradise) or Presenting the Perfect Private Aquarium LTW, (You can change this using CAS cheats!) or find and mount five Deathfish.

~Pluto~

- Must have the 'Virtuoso' trait.
- Their skill can be any (or all!) of the musical instruments, your choice. They must max out this skill as well as the 'Advanced Technology Skill' (If you have Into The Future) or the 'Handiness Skill'.
-For their Planetary Challenge, they must either complete the One Sim Band LTW (if you have Late Night), the Rockstar LTW or the Hit Movie Composer LTW, (You can change this using CAS cheats!) or earn $10,000 from tips.

~ADDITIONAL RULES~

-You can change a sim's LTW using CAS cheats for their Planetary Challenges, but you may not change their traits.

-No cheats are allowed, minus building cheats like moveobjects or resetsim and the like.

-Each guardian must have their own separate bedroom, no exceptions.

-The guardians may not have romantic relations with eachother. However, say Sim 1 started to flirt with Sim 2 (Whether it be autonomous or nudged by you for a juicy plotline… heh heh) and Sim 2 rejects the gesture, Sim 1 will be kicked out of the household and must be replaced. If Sim 2 happens to accept the gesture but there is at least one witness, both Sim 1 and Sim 2 will be kicked out of the household and must be replaced. Lastly, if Sim 2 accepts the gesture and there is no witness, they may have a secret relationship, but if they are ever found out, both sims will be kicked out of the household and must be replaced.

- The guardians are, however, allowed to be with anyone outside the active household, the only rule being that their partner and any potential children cannot live on the active lot.

- To add an generational twist, your guardians may select one of their children to be an heir to their position as guardian, so long as they meet the trait requirements. Adopted children are allowed, but must have at least level 5 in their parent's planetary skill before reaching YA-hood to be qualified for heirship.

Anddd I think that's about it! Let me know if there's anything that needs clarification, if you have any questions, etc. Happy Simming!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 7:15 AM
You can also assign colors to them, based on traditional heraldic tinctures assigned to the known planets.

Planets/colors with * don't have traditional colors, so I assigned colors that made sense to me.
Sun: yellow
Moon: white
Mercury: purple
Venus: green
Earth: brown*
Mars: red
Jupiter: blue
Saturn: black
Uranus: light blue*
Neptune: aqua*
Pluto: gray*