Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2018 at 8:53 PM
Default Making the game playable!
My game got slower after installing another second expansion pack (Late Night) after Ambitions.... Or could be due to playing in Bridgeport world?

Either way, any mods to suggest to make the game playable, even it's a tiny bit? (Other than Overwatch and ErrorTrap has I have already those installed and running. Especially IfI can get sims to not be suffering from door pauses and game clock/time/performance slow downs.

Thank you in advance and helpful info of any kind I would appreciate.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 23rd May 2018 at 11:36 PM
Take a look at the Tips For Better Game Performance There are suggestions for mods to use, general cleaning suggestions and system suggestions that should bring some relief.

You might also want to provide your system specs - PC/Mac? - Graphics - RAM. An easy way to do that is to open your DeviceConfig.log with Notepad++ and copy and past the first 40 lines in here for someone to look at.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd May 2018 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
If you're playing Bridgeport, it is recommended that you edit the 1st floor of every high-rise. Delete the hidden room markers and replace them with public room markers and paint them all black. This way when sims somehow end up in those rooms, they can simply walk out.

This is a common error with Bridgeport and one that Overwatch cannot resolve. Many times a sim is stuck in these hidden rooms, overwatch resets them right back into that room.

Bridgeport has been my go-to world for 6 years and I don't recall that ever happening, oddly enough. In fact, Bridgeport is the only world I play in where Sims stay put when reset by Overwatch. They'll respawn at home in other worlds, but in Bridgeport they'll jump to the "entrance" of whatever lot they're currently on.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th May 2018 at 1:32 AM
That's odd, yeah. The Sims in my save aren't too keen on hanging around the highrise lobbies but it's not like they're nowhere to be found in or around them. And yet I've never had to fix that issue.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th May 2018 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
If you're playing Bridgeport, it is recommended that you edit the 1st floor of every high-rise. Delete the hidden room markers and replace them with public room markers and paint them all black. This way when sims somehow end up in those rooms, they can simply walk out.

This is a common error with Bridgeport and one that Overwatch cannot resolve. Many times a sim is stuck in these hidden rooms, overwatch resets them right back into that room.

Unless you have "delete walls or make an entrace as well" as there's no way a sim can walk out of there. Anyway, I'll try doing what you suggested thanks.
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Take a look at the Tips For Better Game Performance There are suggestions for mods to use, general cleaning suggestions and system suggestions that should bring some relief.

You might also want to provide your system specs - PC/Mac? - Graphics - RAM. An easy way to do that is to open your DeviceConfig.log with Notepad++ and copy and past the first 40 lines in here for someone to look at.

Alchemist
#8 Old 24th May 2018 at 12:57 PM
Have you considered using ellacharmed's Bridgeport fix: http://modthesims.info/d/452601

I haven't played Bridgeport in years, but I remember having to remove entry barriers for clubs and add at least one more elevator, because sims would crowd around them and be unable to enter the elevator or the bar.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Theorist
#10 Old 24th May 2018 at 2:00 PM
Sometimes you have to play a smaller neighborhood to get good game play. It's just a fact of life with this game, though crashes can happen for a billion reasons.

Avoid crappy/wrong game CC. That seems to be the number one reason my game crashes. CC that is not compatible or for Sims 2 or 4...putting these in your game is actually a common mistake because a lot of creators don't say what their items are for (which game) and that is very frustrating.

Save your game every few days in a new file.

I also try to keep my laptop cool.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 24th May 2018 at 2:10 PM
I have played Bridgeport, and this is an issue I have never had to worry about. But I have only played it a few times.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 24th May 2018 at 2:34 PM
Hi SqueakyWingPhoenix - I've put a call out to a couple of the members here who are more experienced with system stats.
@igazor @nitromon
The OP posted system stats in the spoiler above. I'm not exactly sure what I am looking at here. Looks like the graphic card is not dedicated and I'm not sure about the CPU. Would you take a look and advise please.

Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Unless you have "delete walls or make an entrace as well" as there's no way a sim can walk out of there. Anyway, I'll try doing what you suggested thanks.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 24th May 2018 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Have you considered using ellacharmed's Bridgeport fix: http://modthesims.info/d/452601

I haven't played Bridgeport in years, but I remember having to remove entry barriers for clubs and add at least one more elevator, because sims would crowd around them and be unable to enter the elevator or the bar.

Thought of looking for it before, but I don't think I can't resolve my problem or at least It's safe at all to install with the save that I have for a household that's resided in that town.

Test Subject
#14 Old 24th May 2018 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Thought of looking for it before, but I don't think I can't resolve my problem or at least It's safe at all to install with the save that I have for a household that's resided in that town.

If you have installed ellacharmed's fixes these will only apply to new games. Games that you have created using the original world file will still be playable. I think using the copy town option on creating a new savegame will also use the world file that the original town does.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 24th May 2018 at 5:14 PM
The issue of sims instantiating in impossible places in Bridgeport aside just for the moment (I get this as well unless I fix those highrise lots as Nitromon said), with that Celeron processor, not enough RAM, and no dedicated graphics card you are really pushing the limits on how far TS3 can be taken on that system. Many players with that hardware combo cannot even get a game with LN or any of the later released EPs to load and get stuck on a black screen. It's really only expected to be able to run the base game plus maybe one or two of the earliest EPs on low graphics options, the processor and graphics power just aren't there for the game to use.

In addition to the weak processor, upon startup your game only has 1 GB of memory to use -- you have Win 10? That's going to want a lot of memory just for itself. But with EPs added, the game will require more than you have available. Not having a dedicated graphics card puts more stress on the processor and RAM usage. I'm afraid that mods and fixed worlds are not going to be able to help with that, you really need a stronger system to take TS3 any further. You also run the risk of overheating and taking years off the life of that computer if you push the game too hard on it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:51 PM
Was really afraid that may be the case. Perhaps I should try to have one expansion pack at a time?

Really appreciate all of your help that you have given. Thank you!