Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#76 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 1:57 PM
I was obsessed with Ace Combat 6 for a while--until I beat it, anyway. For the life of me, I can't figure out why the game was rated as high as it was.

I'd probably return it, if it weren't for the fun online combat (pretty hilarious watching people crash their planes into the ground constantly).

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
Advertisement
#77 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 2:03 PM
Well, ironically, I'm really obsessed with The Sims 2: Castaway for my PS2 right now. Heaps of fun, considering I'm a LOST fan.
#78 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 6:12 PM
Lemmings and <sigh> maplestory. I allways play maplestory a week or two, stay a few months away and then when something remembers me of it, i have the locked want "Play maplestory", +10000 aspiration points... Can't resist to fultifil it...
#79 Old 27th Dec 2007 at 6:16 PM
Portal:
It's so much fun, even though its a strange puzzle game and I'm about to finish it!

(Kind of a spoiler: It's really creeping me out now )

Guitar Hero III:
Yeaaaaah! Yellow yellow, greeeeeeeeeeeen, red, red, red, blueee.
I love that game xD
Scholar
#80 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anne
Guitar Hero III:
Yeaaaaah! Yellow yellow, greeeeeeeeeeeen, red, red, red, blueee.
I love that game xD

I'm in the same boat--got it this evening, finally, and not only did I realize how bad I am at Guitar Hero in general, I also found how physically tiring the game was, heh.

Still, quite a blast. Plus, if I ever pick up Rock band, I have a controller for the bass guitarist.

As for Portal, I watched someone playing it, and found myself able to predict how to solve most of the puzzels towards the end.....which I figured was more or less the same experience as playing the game itself. Not a whole lot of replay value, so I won't be picking it up.

"We're on sob day two of Operation Weeping-Bald-Eagle-Liberty-Never-Forget-Freedom-Watch sniff no word yet sob on our missing patriot Glenn Beck sob as alleged-President Hussein Obama shows his explicit support sniff for his fellow communists by ruling out the nuclear option."
#81 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 3:15 AM
Of course Sims 2...
Age of Empires 2 (plus expansion)
Civilization 4 (plus expansions)
Inventor
#82 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 12:56 PM
Sims 2
World of Warcraft
Medieval II, Total War

Mass Effect would no doubt be on that list if my Xbox didn't eat my disc.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Field Researcher
#83 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 8:23 AM
Mario Galaxy
#84 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anne
Portal:
It's so much fun, even though its a strange puzzle game and I'm about to finish it!

(Kind of a spoiler: It's really creeping me out now )

Just watched my boyfriend play and beat it in a few hours one day. I'm excited to give it a go - I didn't watch every single thing he did (was distracted by WoW) so I don't know how to solve most of them. I absolutely loved the humor from GLaDOS.

Anyway..
World of Warcraft.
The Sims 2, obviously.
Rock band, a bit. That game is more of a social one, not very fun to play by yourself. Luckily my boyfriend and I have had ample opportunities to play with groups of people.
#85 Old 5th Feb 2008 at 8:47 AM
(1)The Sims 2.
(2)Dream Day Honeymoon.
(3)Mystery PI The Lottery Ticket.
(4)Zoo Vet.
Test Subject
#86 Old 6th Feb 2008 at 6:46 PM
THE SIMS 2!!!!!!!
Can't wait for the next expansion! weeee! :spin:

Love Heidi xx
Instructor
#87 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 6:34 PM
Right now I'm playing SimCity Societies and (strangely) liking it. But my main obsession is Civ4- Beyond the Sword mod "Fall from Heaven 2"

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Test Subject
#88 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 8:24 PM
The Darkness (good game, pretty quick though).... uhhmmm Mass effect (still on my first play through as a Renegade)..... Assasins Creed (it got boring in the middle)........ devil may cry 4 (just started the game good so far)....... thats it I think and UT3 for the PC (good game.... but not as impacting as UTK4)

Hoping to buy NWN2 and mask of the betrayer exp

There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written or badly written.

Oscar Wilde
(1854 - 1900)
Test Subject
#89 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 9:05 PM
"I was obsessed with Ace Combat 6 for a while--until I beat it, anyway. For the life of me, I can't figure out why the game was rated as high as it was."

Yeah whats with that game I played it for a while never really finihsed it... never got why every reviewer says the graphics are awesome. To me it looks like a bit polished ps2 ace combat game

There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written or badly written.

Oscar Wilde
(1854 - 1900)
Scholar
#90 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 1:28 PM
The graphics ARE vastly superior to the early PS2 titles (need proof? Just look at the ground textures and lighting--they are second to none, and I can only hope future flight sims look this good).

The problem is that the gameplay is no better, and the story is considerably worse.

Test Subject
#91 Old 11th Feb 2008 at 7:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Synthesis
The graphics ARE vastly superior to the early PS2 titles (need proof? Just look at the ground textures and lighting--they are second to none, and I can only hope future flight sims look this good).

The problem is that the gameplay is no better, and the story is considerably worse.

Well texture wise yeah a bit.... but why is the ground buildings still flat I guess I was expecting a lot more next gen wise on this game. Shiny flat textures does not make houses for me... Im just nitpicking the game but I was expecting a lot more graphic wise.

Oscar Wilde
(1854 - 1900)
#92 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 7:54 PM
As we speak I'm playing Final Fantasy IX on my trusty PSX... The graphics are painful, but I just love the storyline and characters :D
Alchemist
#93 Old 14th Feb 2008 at 8:37 PM
It was COD4, but I finished the single player campaign in like, a day... and I don't really like playing online. I miss playing it though because the game was fantastic.
I'm kind of hooked on HellGate London. Kind of.
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#94 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 12:27 AM
Go through CoD4 on the hardest difficulty setting... that will keep you going for a while.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Scholar
#95 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 12:58 AM
Something that might interest ElPresidente....I've recently fallen back in love with Silent Hunter 3, thanks to GWX 2.0, and the awesomeness that is the S-Boot Mod.

Essentially, the S-Boot mode replaces the useless Type II "Dugout Canoe" U-Boat with the awesomely fun Schnellboot, a German torpedo-boat. You've only got four torpedoes, but there's something to be said about charging a British ship at 35 knots and firing your torpedoes at the last second. You should check it out, ElPrez, if you haven't already.

Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#96 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 12:01 PM
I haven't but I will. You knows I loves my deep sea military sims.

Thankfully it is SH3... SH4 doesn't interest me too much. SH3 for me was all about recreating Das Boot. So sick of playing the 'victors'. The SH series for me has always been about playing the germans... their tactics with U-boats were much more interesting IMO.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Test Subject
#97 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 2:31 PM
Well I love girly games, but I love them more if they are complex and complicated. I've just discovered a great game...Imagine Fashion Designer...it has 3d graphics, you can control the player and you have to make-up models, create clothes, jewelry, take pics and control a model on a catwalk. It's awsome because make-up means that you have to apply the foundation on the model's face by yourself with the mouse. That goes for the lipstick, eyeshadow and nail varnish, too. And you have some quests to do like finding some lipsticks or creating specific clothes, jewelry and such. Great game!
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 3:42 PM
I've learned that it is possible to become re-obsessed with a game. I haven't played this particular one in so long and suddenly, it's become my stress-buster again. There's something relaxing about coming home, loading Diablo 2 (LoD included), and running around Kurast with a good friend over a TCP/IP game causing destruction and terror.

Yep, my day at school might've sucked, work might've sucked but when I start strafin', things start dyin'.

"I am a fly in the ointment, I am a whisper in the shadows. I am also an old, old woman. More than that you need not know."
Alchemist
#99 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 3:48 PM
i love oblivion and morrowind, possibly the best games ever ( apart from the sims obviously) but i tend to play it for about 3 hours then i get bored.
im also obsessed about 'trauma centre, under the knife' for ds after i finally got past the hard bit.
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 10:23 PM
Hmm, got some good stuff to keep me going yet.

Assassins Creed - perfecting, ie memory blocks and acheivements; and yes that will include the flags and templars :S

Dead Rising - fun, but can get quite overwhelming with the sheer number of enemies and things to do. Decided i'm focusing on storyline first run through, anything else will only be done if it can .

Halo 3 (legendary singleplayer) and Mass Effect, hardly scratched these yet .

Resident Evil 4 - heavily shadowed by my 360 and college work but it's still on my mind. Up to fighting Salazar. Just read about the regenerators aswell and am not looking forward to that lol.

Page 4 of 63