Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#101 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
3 hours? Jesus.
But I guess I'm more surprised by how much merging your packages helped. I didn't think it could take more than 10% off your loading time, to be honest.

It's not the program itself that causing trouble, it's this computer.

I got it standard issue as part of my college admissions (They give a laptop to each student) and since graduation, I only use this thing for playing the Sims 3 or some other game my Boyfriend gave me from his steam account. I can't alter any major programming without the school's password, and since I graduated over four years ago, It's probably been long forgotten.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#102 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 1:05 AM
Sounds like the kind of thing I wouldn't pick up if I dropped it. You know, like 10 cent coins, or a cigarette.

I more or less have this rule of thumb that if the game takes more than 5 minutes to load, it's not worth my time or frustration.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Top Secret Researcher
#103 Old 21st Jul 2017 at 6:10 PM
I never stay interested with one game when I play with EA worlds/neighborhoods. This is with all Sims games. So I usually start custom neighborhoods/worlds. I play in them for a while, but I never finish them. I get to 80% or more of finishing them before I drop them. Which is sad.

And yeah, as someone mentioned, I add too much details because I want everything and everyone in my game to be fully unique. That's what kills most of my time.
Instructor
#104 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 12:09 AM
Testing Cheats + Shift + Click = TELEPORT HERE.
Ty.

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama on Youtube and Tumblr
Mad Poster
#105 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AngieMFAK77
Testing Cheats + Shift + Click = TELEPORT HERE.
Ty.

I don't see this as being a bad simming habit...I do this all the time

Mine would be to have sims take photographs while traveling etc...just to remember that everything will be deleted because I use Kuree's Save Cleaner.
Now, one of my triplets's LTW is to reach lvl 10 photographer. basically, I am screwed.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I don't see this as being a bad simming habit...I do this all the time

Mine would be to have sims take photographs while traveling etc...just to remember that everything will be deleted because I use Kuree's Save Cleaner.
Now, one of my triplets's LTW is to reach lvl 10 photographer. basically, I am screwed.

You can use version 1.1. That version doesn't delete pictures
Mad Poster
#107 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lessien Vardamir
You can use version 1.1. That version doesn't delete pictures

Now it's veen 2 times I read this! I got it, can't wait to use it

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 9:16 PM
My worst habit?

Other than regretting deleting my first sim family, I'd say starting and stopping legacies. ;w;
Test Subject
#109 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 9:24 PM
My worst habit would be turning on testingcheats and ctrl clicking their need moodlets so I don't have to worry about it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#110 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 10:15 PM
Is that really a bad habit though?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#111 Old 7th Aug 2017 at 8:19 PM
When I finish making a house, I almost always forget to put in lights and sometimes I don't even realize that my sims are in pure darkness until I look at their moodlets!

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Test Subject
#112 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 2:19 AM
Honestly my worst habit has to be spending HOURS UPON HOURS on just CASing a single room; they end up wonderful, but I put way too much time into them.

I've gotten about four paint books from Home Depot in the past year and I wrote down all of the hex codes to the colors in there so I can cut the time in half...if I didn't I'd be here making houses for days or even weeks!!!
Field Researcher
#113 Old 8th Aug 2017 at 2:51 AM
Mine is wandering around the town and messing with my favourite premades with the Awkward Moments and Humiliations mod, leaving my Sims to fend for themselves because that mod entertains me way too much.
Test Subject
#114 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 10:25 AM
I don't spend enough time building homes and because of that my houses are pretty lame. So I usually just end up downloading and using a premade house instead. I want to start creating my own houses and decorating them the way I want but I'm too lazy. So many plans... so little motivation.
Instructor
#115 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 3:54 PM
TestingCheats on CONSTANTLY with Nraas settings means I cannot resist Shift+Click = Teleport here.
The cars in my game are such lonely creatures. . .

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama on Youtube and Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 6:42 AM
1. Never playing a straight couple.
2. Abusing same-sex pregnancy mods.
3. Always pushing the boundaries of the child stage too far.
4. Abusing Woohooer.
5. #1 tends to go for teenage romances too.

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.
May the Goddess walk with you.

Do as thou wilt shall be the whole of the law.
Love is the law, love under will.
93 93/93
Instructor
#117 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 7:48 AM
micromanaging all the sims in the neighborhood to the point that i'm barely playing and it ruins the fun : (
Mad Poster
#118 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 3:33 PM
I used to have a bad habit of starting over in new games before adding Mods to my game because some bug or glitch would always ruin them,break them or corrupt them like when children got taken away by social workers and corrupted those saves.
I now play my game overloaded to the extreme with to many Mods and with way to much CC though it still runs very fast and without any lag.I also have a bad habit of trying to play TS2 style rotational in TS3 and using awsomemod to disable autmatic school enrollement to make the game more realistic while running with 113 NRaas Mod files.
Top Secret Researcher
#119 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 5:01 PM
I tend to play a lot of boring "Level Up" and then after I've mastered money and social, go out and to the world and... everything's too easy!

So, I start over

I also would love to play a generational game, but I just can't resist making my sim immortal. I need a mod to take out life plants, death flowers, fountain of youth potions, Young again, etc.
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 3:14 PM
Being super slow. I mean it.

While someone could be at generation three with how long I've played my current legacy, buuuut I'm still on generation 1. My founders are immortal (part of the challenge) and I still don't have an heir unless the twins are both boys (then the first kid will be heir. He's just adorably dorky. Bit crazy)

Also being lazy with decorating my main house while paying a lot of attention to the buildings around the town. Oops.
Scholar
#121 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
I also would love to play a generational game, but I just can't resist making my sim immortal. I need a mod to take out life plants, death flowers, fountain of youth potions, Young again, etc.

You can play an immortal legacy. It's what I always end up doing, because far too many of my Sims take on so much of a character after a while.

My worst Simming habit, is playing way too many story-related families at once. I've got five legacies going.
Field Researcher
#122 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 3:16 AM
My worst simming habit is, whenever I start a new game, I cheat with NRAAS to make my sim max a lot of skills at once instead of having them learn them the old fashioned way. It just saves a lot of time and I don't have to deal with it.
Field Researcher
#123 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:04 AM
My worst Simming habit is how much time I spend doing Sims 3 related things. My second worst is having Sims in my head when I'm not doing anything Sims related, like...

Driving down the road, saying roof types out loud and having my partner look at me like I'm either the smartest woman in the world, or WTF? (I can never tell which it is).
If nothing else, Sims 3 taught me roofs.
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 2:21 PM
Playing until my laptop overheats and shuts off in a moment of self-preservation.

Thanks, I hate it.
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 6:26 AM
I'm a perfectionist so I have a lot of bad habits where I must tweak and restart things because nothing is good enough. My worse is how much I remodel Sims. I remodel them to death, literally. I have a lot of spooky and undead Sims.

I talk to myself but no one answers ;_;
Page 5 of 9