Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 12:01 PM
What Was The Longest Save You Ever Played
Hello There, I want to ask a big question, what was the longest save you ever played? The reason being is that I am planning to break my own record with my current household, who are only on week 3 currently in the save, with my record being a save that went on, mostly thoughout the summer of 2016, until it wouldn't save for me anymore. This specific Sims 3 save went on for 24 Sim Weeks, which is kind of crazy but I loved every single minute of it.

As well as that, it's been about 3-4 years since someone posted about this for The Sims 3, so I thought it would be perfect timing to ask.

This only counts for TS3 saves, no Sims, Sims 2 or Sims 4 saves/

Anyway let me know which was your longest ever save and I will update you on the situation of my current househodl

Sims is a game I have cherished ever since I was young. Enjoy it, it's just a game!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 1:25 PM
Me, I got a game running until Week 26. The game struggles to save sometimes but still do so, but I only stopped it because the game won't play anymore, like, a certain Sim took almost 3 hours just waking up and getting out of the door because of enormous lag.

My current game (which I play from one hiatus session to another) is now on Week 24. Same situation, but I really fell in love on the town because I made some lots for it. So I made a drastic decision to try to use Total Annihilation on the town using Nraas MC. Guess what, the town, with only my active household as the only inhabitants, felt like brand-new again, no more lag and all the other problems.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 1:29 PM
I've been playing my current Sunset Valley save since about 2015. I just have to move my little sims to a fresh neighborhood every once and awhile with Nraas Porter when the current neighborhood is getting too laggy.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 5:55 PM
UPDATE: I just finished playing a 4 hour session, about an hour ago, with my household getting to week 5, day 5, I think. So far, it has being running like a dream. The only thing my sim is doing is writing books, as I plan on turning her into a business tycoon, buying local lots, with my eyes set on a buying a resort in Storybrook County. Just note though that Storybrook County is an un-populated world. which I put some other households I've made over the last couple of moths in there, just to start populating the world.

I am about to go into another session and I will update you later today

Sims is a game I have cherished ever since I was young. Enjoy it, it's just a game!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 6:30 PM
I hope you're using "save as...", which has saved my bacon more than once.
Theorist
#6 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 7:41 PM
Well, I have only two saves (modern and historical) and the modern one I've been using since 2009 or 2010, but I have no clue how many weeks that would be in Simland.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 8:38 PM
Another Update: Finally, my sim was able to afford that 550,000 Simoleons resort, that I've been saving up for a bit. Now, I am on Week 7, Day 3, which is decent progress since the last update.

And yes @SusannaG , I am using the Nrass Saver Mod, so it pops up with a save dialog automatically, which I have it set to save into groups of 4, which a cycle taking about 2 hours or so before I am back at the save no, I started at. The only time I use the Save As function is when I decide to save between one save and the next number, example 2, then I decide to save 12 minutes after, which would registered as 3 and then 30 minutes later, it would register as 4. Sorry for my poor explaining

Forum Resident
#8 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 9:23 PM
I rarely look at the "Week x, Day y" counter, as I keep track of progress a different way, so I'm not exactly sure of the number of weeks - but my previous version of the save got to at least 26 weeks and maybe longer. It was a bit slow to load and getting all the sims into school took ages, but otherwise it worked nicely - I moved because the town was suffering from a serious housing shortage, and I made a version of Appaloosa Plains with a lot more lots.

Admittedly, because I play more than one household with a rotation system, all the sims had only aged 10 weeks in that time - so since some of the lag is due to the large number of dead sims (and pets) the town accumulates, mine wasn't so bad. But then (almost) all the dead have moved over to the new town and it's definitely faster... but maybe my new processor is the cause of that one
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 12:38 AM
Another UPDATE: Today, I was able to play The Sims 3 for nine hours, all in three different sessions. Currently, were on Week 8, Day 1, with me starting on Week 2, Day 7, from memory today. The game has started to lag up a bit, but I am planning to do a save clean, before I load the save next time.

The resort is going really well and were now a 5 Star Resort. As well as that, my sim is expecting her first child, using the Hospital Overhaul Mod, as she isn't in a relationship with anyone just yet. I know it's a boy, as she got an ultrasound. I will keep you updated on her future offspring.

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 3:09 AM
To the crowd who wants to know how to track the in-game number of weeks, just hover your mouse at the in-game clock. Anyways, OP, good job on your town.

So, to elaborate on that Nraas MC Total Annihilation thing I did, I moved all the nearest relatives to my household, and then annihilated all the other living Sims in town. You don't actually need to erase all the dead Sims from memory. So in-game, I just pretend that there's an apocalypse that happen every 6 Sim-Years, and the denizens try their best to please the Player to let them become the one who's gonna be saved (who has the most beautiful offspring, the most tragic backstory....).
Mad Poster
#11 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 4:24 AM
One day late in November 2011 I installed TS3, one EP, and one SP, sat down, created a sim, and put him into my first game. Decided I had no idea what I was doing, deleted all of it (the game save I mean, not the install) and went to bed. The next day I tried again and did a much better job of things. No mods, no CC or fancy stuff, just me blundering around learning how to play since I hadn't simmed since the days of TS1.

The problem is, no one told me that we were "supposed to" start this game over every once in a while so I never did. That's the same game I am still playing today uncountably many mods, mod updates, patches, EP additions later, AwsomeMod went in, later went out, fully embraced the NRaas collection, switched from the Mac version of the game to Windows Origin and then later Steam porting the save over each time, with that sim and his eventual partner being the great great etc. grandparents of them all, or at least of those connected to the "main" household. Sixteen (NRaas Traveler) connected worlds, I honestly don't know how many households I'm currently rotating active play through anymore (NRaas SP). The mouse hovers on the game clock never give me anything that makes any sense because of all of the rotating of active play within these worlds and then and the rotating through at least five of the active worlds themselves. I would guess hundreds if not thousands of sim weeks?

I also don't (can't) play every day. Maybe a few times a week, some weeks I can't even make time to loadup the game at all, had to take a break for health related reasons somewhere back there that lasted a few months. So although over six years old, there's gaps in there that would be difficult to account for. I think Origin was telling me that I played the game for an absurdly understated total of thirty hours and Steam tells me my total gameplay since the beginning is more like 90 minutes. Yeah, forget that.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 9:19 AM
I never think to look at that. Mine probably would not be very long as I play totally legacy style and not rotational, so in my 35 I think it was generations of my legacy family I moved them pretty much each time a new EP and world came out to a new save.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 10:09 AM
I didn't know there was an in game week counter... I usually get to the elder stage with my YA sims, after they've had a kid or two, and then something happens that puts me off the game. I did use to have a rotational sunset valley save though that I kept going for several months irl, which is a lot for me.
Scholar
#14 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 2:55 PM
i think mine was about 25 weeks,i think everyone in the town was actually related

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Site Helper
#15 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 6:22 PM
I'm not precisely sure, but it was long enough for me to have to make Ambrosia 3 times for the same sim when I was playing on Epic lifespan with the age categories slid all the way to maximum.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#16 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 7:54 PM
My current save is my longest. It's the Redd Family and I have been playing this save since May of 2014. I'm on week 96 in game and my generation 10 heir is a toddler. If I start getting lots of save errors I just move my family to a new town, but luckily my game still runs pretty well and my family has been living in the same town for a couple of years now. I don't play as often as I used to - believe it or not most of my Simming time is still spent on Sims 2. But I play this family every couple of months or so and I am heavily invested in them and their bloodline.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 11:39 PM
I believe it was my semi legacy family with a total of 32 sim weeks. I played with this bunch since 2015. I moved them to a new town last year, so now I'm back in the single digits. Should be interesting where this family ends up next. Hopefully not in the recycle bin. I have an intense fear of my saves corrupting and losing all my progress. Even though I have backups, I still fear the worst
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 11:49 PM
I think I may start a new game like every month, but have multiple save files. I used to keep the game running overnight in the summer, so my total run time on origin is around 300 hours... I don't think that's very good for your computer either.
Instructor
#19 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 1:57 AM
My current Sims 3 Strangetown file is on week 25, although I've definitely played longer saves. Those ones are lost to a dead computer so I can't check how long I had them for. I play with aging and storyprogression off so I can micromanage everything. Only just now starting to let the Sims in town have kids x_x
Mad Poster
#20 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 5:39 AM
I've got quite a few that have lasted for at least three years in real time and will likely last for a lot longer in Winfield,Gibsons,Oak Leaf,Glenvale County,EvermoreFalls,Deery Meadows and Storybrook County.I've been playing Modded and TS2 style rotational since 2013 and it's the main reason why my saves have all lasted so long.I've also embraced awsomemod to fix the school routing fail issues and overcrowding in my games before it even starts happening to my towns as I'd never be able to play larger sized worlds without AM's autoamted school assignment override activated and disabling that glitchy system.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 10:52 PM
Longest time-wise, I have my very first save file still, although I haven't played it in many years.

Longest in game weeks is a normal life span legacy with baby generation 11 that's at 56 weeks. I don't play it anymore, though. It's not the most stable file, as it ran with no mods whatsoever for the first 20 game weeks and early on I deleted sims and tombstones like crazy because I thought it would make it lag less. It's also full of default face sims because I had no mods and no babies born to original residents past the first generation, since I used no SP mods. I still have fond memories of it, though, and keep it around for that reason. The lot is super-haunted because I kept the grave of every sim who ever lived there on the lot. That makes it rather amusing since that family spawned a lot of coward sims, dead and still living, so they're always passing out from running into ghosts.
#22 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 12:50 AM
I played one for like...I don't remember how long. But it got to the point where it started glitching and wouldn't hold any more memories so I had to go delete a whole bunch and it was running super slow and minor pets started vanishing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 6:38 PM
UPDATE: It's been a few days now and I am nearly at week 10. My sim had a baby boy called Ciro, who is now a child attending boarding school, as my sim has the money to send him there. Meanwhile, my sim, Ira, yes that's correct, that's why I have a signature that represents one of my favourite artists, has just bought a bar across from her resort, which by the way, her resort is raking in a lot of cash every day.

Anyway, that was just a quick update and soon I plan on making a seperate update thread on the matter.

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 5:21 PM
I have a 1 sim legacy game (I buy them a potion to make them a young adult right before elderhood) I've play off and on that's nearly into the 4th generation. By my calculations, it's roughly 31 sim weeks old right now, which is longer then any traditional legacy family I've ever played.

I almost stopped playing it a half a year ago when I ran into a bug that made it unplayable. Whenever I entered buy or build mode, my game refused to take me back to live mode for anything, the game would just be stuck 'loading' it forever. The bug extended to community lots to.

I eventually figured out that if I exported my entire household into the sim bin and started a new game with it that I could keep playing without losing most of my progress, but of course I still lost all my sim's relationships and community lot investments. I gave my sim a bunch of money to let them re-purchase the community lots they lost and resumed the game from there.
Instructor
#25 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 6:24 PM
I think mine is a save I started in october 2016 in Moonlight Falls, I made two of my OCs, they are husband and wife and I made them as fairies and I went to Shang Simla in edit town mode and bought a house from there for them. I mean I moved out the family, saved the lot to the library, then moved back the family, then went to Moonlight Falls and placed the house. But wait, now I remember more detail. First I made the male sim in Sunset Valley as a human, the house from Shang Simla was already added to town and I redecorated it etc, then I made him his wife later and I got them married, then I saved the household into the bin, then started a new save with Moonlight Falls, then I placed the household there (with lot) and I did the fairy quest, so then they turned into fairies, then I bought them the LTR which lets you change the color of their wings. Then they had a girl, then a boy. I also expanded the house more and more, oh that house is so cool for me, it is a Shang Simla style house with many Supernatural objects and a yard with buydebug objects and pool and a cellar with relics and gems etc. Then their girl moved out. There was another custom woman from a Bridgeport-save, I moved her there too with her Bridgeport house. Then I put every custom households in Sunset Valley to the same way I put them into Moonlight Falls, I guess.... Or maybe I moved them with their phone? I don't know, but the painting his wife painted are gone, so I guess I just put the lot in the bin. Too bad... I didn't know this would happen, but by that time I drowned the wife, I have no idea why, I think I wanted to add some color to their story... Weird.. Ok, then in Sunset Valley I made all the pre-made families into asian-like, but it has a fantasy style and historical style too! And it's like they live in a fantasy new asian-themed country... Most of the males wear white baggy pants and boots, it's like a folk dress element... And most women have long skirts and buns, and an arabian ballet flat shoe, and when they wear formal clothing they always wear the WA kimono-like dress and the arabian shoe, but it is always colorful in formal, but in everyday they are always black. The men's shoe are also black. And both of their shoes have white soles. The rest of the outfits are modern. I made many families to fit into the town, including OCs and custom sims from Sims 2, mainly to stop random families moving into vacant houses. But as time went by I made more "modern" sims, I mean modern-looking clothing and hair... Then I put there various sims, who are not meant to live in this town, at first. Meanwhile I turned the "founder family" into normal sims. Then I had much fun and took many photos, the game took hours to save and load. Then I resurrected the founder's wife. Sadly when I moved them into Sunset Valley the game won't recognize their daughter as family member, so I used Master Controller. Then time went by and I decided I had enough and I deleted the save. Now I regret it, I wanted to take pictured of the houses I redecorated. And check some other stuff, like the original sim's clothing. However I still have an older save of this world! Because I got a new laptop meanwhile, and in 2016 december I had two different saves for this world, then I got the new computer and I played with the newer save and left the older in a "backup area", you know what I am talking about... So I still have that older save and I was able to save some of my favourite sims into the Saved Sims folder. I also made some changes, like building a new Shang Simla inspired home for the founder's son and his new wife. Now I have the original 2 year old older save and this newer. Nowadays I come back to this save to get references of the things and sims living there, like saving lots and what not.

So I played the save until july 2017, so it was almost 1 year with little hiatuses, like when I switched to sims 4. I looked into the very old save (the save from before I switched laptops) in december and made the modified save. I haven't done anything with them since then.

Pictures ahead:
Page 1 of 2